Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,721 times

Advertisements

Our family is going to move to Orlando. We have two kids 4 years and 2 years. We currently have budget to buy a 600K house.

My work is around Winter Park area.
1. We would like live in a community with the best Pre-school and Pre-K.
2. Close to Costco, Asian food market and gym
3. Close to some kids friendly activities, parks and museum.
I did some research, and found that Winter Park/ Dr.philip/ Windermere/ Oviedo are good communities for us.

Please feel free to let me know which area in above list is better for us. Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited by SeattleToOrlando; 01-27-2018 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 11:01 AM

32 posts, read 36,807 times
Winter Park has a great family environment and the 600k budget seems pretty healthy for Winter Park. The schools there are also well rated. Have you considered looking in Baldwin Park? Smaller community but, they have great schools as well and is very family oriented.

Doctor Phillips is supposed to be one of the best neighborhoods to live in, in Orlando. Good schools, pretty community. It is close to International Dr strip, Disney, Seaworld and tons more amusement parks for kids and adults. Just keep in mind that its very close to tourists so that may mean traffic, lots of people etc. The commute may be hectic from here to Winter Park on the I-4.

Don't have much knowledge of Windmere but i know that it is also very nice for families and has a lots of lakes. But, again, the commute to work may be very long . And traffic does indeed get bad (especially going in and out of Disney's surrounding areas).

In terms of Asian Food markets, I know of one in Pine Hills. Depending on where you are in Windmere it could be a short drive but, it wouldn't seem very tangible from Dr. Phillips. For Winter Park there are a few on E Colonial near Lake Eola under 20 minutes away. There are also Costco's near Dr Phillips but none near Windmere. There is a Costco in Aloma which is east Winter Park.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-29-2018, 08:06 AM

617 posts, read 831,994 times
Oviedo is a great family friendly area with a solid school district. Your budget will definitely go the farthest here, as the others have multi million dollar homes as the more common listing, while Oviedo is more in-line with upper-middle income listings. Take a look at what I mean:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...84iWiqITcFc0BA

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...vJ3RVeeb0QeO-w

HOwever, the Winter Park area is considered much more desirable as it is very centrally located and has tons of great restaurants and shops nearby. The school district here is also very good. Just stay west of Lakemont if you do plan on going to Winter Park, as this is the more desirable side of Winter Park. Near Aloma & Goldenrod is still technically a "Winter Park address," but is undesirable and low income in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida