Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 06:55 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I suppose I just miss the way Florida use to be. A lot of rapid change in the fifty years I've been here and I'm a little burned out by the so-called progress. That's one of the reasons I travel up to your neck of the woods several times a year, maineguy. I freakin' love Maine, even in February.
I hope you can still find reminders of "Old Florida" here and there to enjoy. I have really sought them out in our trips to Florida. We have been able to find some!
I know what you mean about "progress".....when I go to southern or midcoast Maine, I hardly recognize it anymore. (Someone who visits from out of state would not necessarily notice all the changes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 12:13 PM

5,182 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Florida is what it is................The US is so diverse geographically, ethnically and culturally. There will never be a paradise where everyone will love or try not to change it to where they just moved from.

We are originally from New England and pretty much love living here in Northeast Florida...............but we do miss the seasons tremendously among other things but this is where we now call home.

The undeniable truth though is the recent growth over the last few years has been tremendous and traffic along with population density, housing and rental prices are rising, but this is happening all over the US.

We have friends who left Florida for North Carolina several years ago and their little town has been discovered. Our other friends are leaving California for Idaho and Boise is becoming another hotspot.

Not quite sure if the baby boomers retiring are the reason but Florida has certainly bounced back from the housing crash in many areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida