Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 09:12 AM

3 posts, read 5,378 times

Advertisements

i want to live in florida.
after start to live there ı need hoem and car. how can buy a home nad a car.
how much money have to pay buying for home and car?
when ı satart to live there and mary with florida women.
would you help me that subject?
i need job in florida now.
angelmanqflorida.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 AM

3 posts, read 5,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelman View Post
i want to live in florida.
after start to live there ı need hoem and car. how can buy a home nad a car.
how much money have to pay buying for home and car?
when ı satart to live there and mary with florida women.
would you help me that subject?
i need job in florida now.
angelmanqflorida.com
i wanna be beach having fun with girls now.
i enjoy swimming and driving a car such as hummer.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
ft.lauderdale is no where near a small town

Westchase is a very nice area and one of the few walkable areas in Tampa.

Have you checked out Celebration? Its the Disney town.
We drove through Celebration and liked it but too close to Disney for us.

I wouldnt mind driving an hour or more to Disney but do not like the radius around Disney to live for some reason. That is why we looked at Clermont, close enough to drive but far enough way to be comfy.

Westchase sounds very good and I have been looking at houses on the net there.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Sarasota is nice, and no matter where you live here it's HOT!!!!!!!!!! And Humid.....
Do not mind the heat and humidity at all. I was reading that if you stay above the I 4 route its is not as bad as say down in Ft Myers, Sanibel, Ft Lauderdale etc.
I have been in Floirda in every month of the year and have no problems with it at all, just when you live there you might as well find a place that you personally can be compfy with.
Ft. Lauderdale would be an awesome choice, love it there, wouldnt live inside but would live outside of Ft L. But then again to far from Disney, Busch, and al the natural parks we love to visit.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I would suggest somewhere in Sarasota county.
Thank you.

I have looked into North Port allot and it wont be on my list, I dont like the schools, the town, there is to many issues and even on this board people do not like it all to well.
When I found that people who live in NP here on this board drive their own kids out of the NP schools that tells me the schools must be really bad.

I think other then Deland it wont go back on my list for sure.
We really like Lakeland and have been in Lakeland allot but it reminds me of the issues that Bradenton has and its not what I want to deal with, if you stay on one side of the town your ok, but cross the line and your not. Thats not a town that is a danger zone.

Looking more at the list above it appears Westchase, Dundedin and Sarasot county is our best areas to look more.
Someone else suggested Wesley Chapel but have not looked into that yet.

Thanks for all your input.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelman View Post
i wanna be beach having fun with girls now.
i enjoy swimming and driving a car such as hummer.
Why is this in this thread? I didn't think 5 year olds were allowed on the board?

Suggestions for towns in Sarasota county anyone with good schools, family smaller oriented areas please?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
check out Family Watchdog.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter HOW small a community you live in these days. Even in the middle of nowhere, you may find a sex offender within a half mile.
Thank you Kramer. So this is a www site?
Yes, I know, they are everywhere like a disease.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I would suggest somewhere in Sarasota county.
Suggestion on towns?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Ft. Lauderdale would be an awesome choice, love it there, wouldnt live inside but would live outside of Ft L. But then again to far from Disney, Busch, and al the natural parks we love to visit.
If you want to live in a decent area like Weston, Cooper City, Parkland, Coral Springs, etc it really costs an arm and a leg. Maybe after a couple of years if the prices become healthier, but I'm not sure how healthy the region itself will be in a couple of years...did you hear about the huge drop in population around Ft. Lauderdale? 15 thousand more people left than came in. That gives you an idea of what the economic situation is like around here. Miami is only gaining population due to immigration and Palm Beach is stagnant.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:07 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
I actually drive/bus my kids to Pine View School in Osprey because of the opportunity it provides. If I lived in Venice, Englewood or Sarasota I would still drive my kids to Osprey to school, I just happened to live in North Port.

I have many friends that are very pleased with Cranberry and Lamarque Elementary schools. I have heard mixed reviews about Heron Creek Middle, as far as if people like it or not. It does get very good ratings from the state of Florida as well. I think one of the main complaints with Heron Creek Middle School is the over crowding, and there will be a new middle school built that opens next year. I don't really know enough about the high school to have an opinion on way or the other. My neighbors daughter goes to the high school and she seems to like it pretty well. I have heard the same thing about the high school as well, that it's pretty crowded. That's usually the main complaint. I do think there are state guidelines though as to how many kids can be in each class though. Once all of the new schools are built hopefully that won't be a problem anymore. After going to the website for the new middle school, it looks like they will have a full time gifted program (which is what my children are currently in) This might be something worth looking into. As AnotherDayInParadise pointed out, there is also a new charter school that will be opening up.

I really like Osprey where the school (Pine View) is located but I can't/don't want to afford a home in that area. I'd rather live in North Port where the homes are cheaper and send my kids up there. I actually moved from Charlotte County to Sarasota County/North Port specifically for my children to attend this school. Not because the schools in the area are poor but because that's where I knew from day one where I wanted my children to attend. Sarasota county is one of the highest ranked school districts in the state of Florida.

To answer your question-SunshineChick-about towns I would suggest. It really depends on what you are looking to spend. I also like Osprey and Sarasota but you will get less for your money in those areas than in North Port, that's one of the reasons we choose to live here.

I guess you can find good and bad with every town-some people love and some hate it

Last edited by SoFLGal; 03-29-2008 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida