Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 07:08 AM

50 posts, read 38,013 times

Advertisements

Opinions and personal experiences/expectations always vary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 03:03 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,745 times
Quote:
Opinions and personal experiences/expectations always vary.
Right, that's why we're totally different from N Korea, where by orders from above all matters wind up in one EQUAL answer for ALL their People

Old 08-07-2018, 06:48 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeWarren View Post
currently Brookstone closing ALL of their mall stores in the nation (announced today)
Brookstone is a store that is full of neat things that you don't need. :-)

Old 08-17-2018, 06:45 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Seen at Kroger in Atlanta. Wish Publix would do something like this! Lobster dinner priced at 11.99 (I bought two)

Old 08-17-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson345 View Post
Publix knows that you can't produce a quality Lobster dinner consistently and profitably for a lousy price point of $11.99.

That's not a profitable niche to compete in....it's not sustainable.

Kroger will soon discover that. Publix already knows that. It probably tastes like $11.99 but you made no comment about that, which is the whole purpose of making the purchase, right?

Laughable.

Not sustainable? Kroger has been selling this same lobster dinner for the same price for YEARS. Also at Harris Teeter.

Doesn't look lousy to me. The lobster is boiled in-store to order. YUM!

In fact the lobster dinner gets rave reviews. So do the other specials!

Specials change each day and are served 4-7:30 p.m., with exception of Saturday and Sunday:
Monday: Mongolian Noodle Bowl, with chicken, beef, shrimp, chorizo or tofu, $8.99
Tuesday: BBQ Brisket Sandwich, with fried tortilla chips, cole slaw and a pickle, $8.99
Wednesday: Lobster Dinner, with a baked potato and corn on the cob, $11.99
Thursday: Prime Rib Dinner, with oven roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables, $9.99
Friday: Crab Cake Dinner, with roasted corn and jalapeño salsa and steamed broccoli, $11.99
Saturday and Sunday (7 a.m.-12 p.m.): Omelet Station, with gruyere, cheddar or American cheese and ham, onions, peppers, tomatoes, spinach and mushroom, served with a toasted bagel, $4.99

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/1186...otte-cocktail/

I wish Publix had an omelet station for $4.99!

Old 08-17-2018, 07:41 AM

17,165 posts, read 15,382,471 times
I'm not going to the grocery store for lunch.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:59 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Looks can be deceiving. It probably does look a certain way to YOU.

I don't go by looks, sorry.. or your reviews

This Kroger "deal" is Kroger's, not Publix's
Same here. And I surely don't need to go to a grocery store for lunch or dinner. I am there to buy groceries, period. I have hundreds of places where I live to buy any kind of lunch or dinner that I want at any price point. No one that I know cares about dinners at a grocery store.

Publix does offer a LOT of nice pre-made ready-to-cook meals. I never buy those but I think they are popular.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
It's not sustainable for PUBLIX or they would do it. Here's something to chew on: PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS doesn't use Kroger as its business model....or HEB, WholeFoods, Fresh Market, Walmart or any other firm.

That shouldn't be a NEWSFLASH. Publix Supermarkets is a Florida-based, privately held corporation that is certainly giving Kroger indigestion in several markets that they had no prior business/market presence.

Kroger is not giving indigestion to PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS anywhere in the State of Florida, or even cities such as Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs.

Publix is beginning to "own" other suburban markets in target rich Birmingham/north AL, and booming Nashville and surrounding exurban areas as well.
I was in Atlanta last weekend and was SHOCKED to see how much of a stronghold Publix has on the marketshare up there.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Same here. And I surely don't need to go to a grocery store for lunch or dinner. I am there to buy groceries, period. I have hundreds of places where I live to buy any kind of lunch or dinner that I want at any price point. No one that I know cares about dinners at a grocery store.

Publix does offer a LOT of nice pre-made ready-to-cook meals. I never buy those but I think they are popular.

I for one would like to be able to buy a fresh-cooked lobster dinner for 12 bucks. Since there is NOWHERE, not a grocery store, not a restaurant, not a seafood market, in Tampa Bay to get that for 12 bucks. Unless someone wants to enlighten me.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I for one would like to be able to buy a fresh-cooked lobster dinner for 12 bucks. Since there is NOWHERE, not a grocery store, not a restaurant, not a seafood market, in Tampa Bay to get that for 12 bucks. Unless someone wants to enlighten me.
As much as I loathe the place... Red Lobster?

That said, $12 is cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida