U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 10:56 AM

2,975 posts, read 2,589,583 times

Advertisements

Lol I was told that was taken care of but I don’t know how. The forest is a big place.

There was a neighborhood by Lake Nicatoon(I think that’s the right lake) that had its own common area- like a big park with no hunting - that had lots backing up to it. Seemed nice and kind of upscale, but not too much so.

Wish I could remember the exact place.

Anyway, I’ve passed homes in the forest while hiking that have several very loud dogs. Perhaps that’s just a security thing and they don’t ordinarily bark like that.

Some areas of the forest are not very serene. Plus there’s hunting season, and sounds carry.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 05-29-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 05:16 PM

378 posts, read 148,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Lol I was told that was taken care of but I don’t know how. The forest is a big place.

There was a neighborhood by Lake Nicatoon(I think that’s the right lake) that had its own common area- like a big park with no hunting - that had lots backing up to it. Seemed nice and kind of upscale, but not too much so.

Wish I could remember the exact place.

Anyway, I’ve passed homes in the forest while hiking that have several very loud dogs. Perhaps that’s just a security thing and they don’t ordinarily bark like that.

Some areas of the forest are not very serene. Plus there’s hunting season, and sounds carry.
Yes I've become wary of living too close to Ocala forest due to hunting season and animal problems and such, and I also heard there is bomb testing done there?!
Anyone have details on the bomb testing?
Doesn't sound very serene!

Old 05-30-2018, 10:32 PM

Definitely interested in your search as it seems like we are looking for similar.

I live about 6 feet away from a neighbor who has a constantly talking parrot. A screaming macaw really wouldn’t bother me, as that is nature.

But a talking parrot constantly spewing obscenities in a voice that sounds almost exactly like her nutty owner? That’s too much. I can’t complain due to the vengeful owner.

I never in a bazillion years would’ve imagined this.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Definitely interested in your search as it seems like we are looking for similar.

I live about 6 feet away from a neighbor who has a constantly talking parrot. A screaming macaw really wouldn’t bother me, as that is nature.

But a talking parrot constantly spewing obscenities in a voice that sounds almost exactly like her nutty owner? That’s too much. I can’t complain due to the vengeful owner.

I never in a bazillion years would’ve imagined this.
ByeByeLW, I feel for you. Your situation is totally unacceptable. I would lose my mind if I were in your situation! I know how loud birds can be, I once lived next to a woman with 2 geese in a pool 15 yards from my bedroom!

My neighbor now is not nearly that bad; but I bought and moved to what I thought was my ideal nature place, picked for its quiet and beauty and nature. 9 acres! I imagined myself living in a nature Reserve.

Then some ahole bought the property next to me which I thought would not/could not be developed because there was no road to it. Now I have a neighbor 60-75 yards away but directly across from me with a small valley in between us. the sound carries like crazy. I hear his every word, plus shoveling, scraping, backhoe, dog barking, talking loud on the phone everything. Honestly it was quieter in my Big City apartment! Trying to sell my property now and move to FL.

I am doubtful I'll find the nature and quiet I truly want but nevertheless will try to find a place as quiet as i can find. I'd rather live with elderly people (I guess I am elderly myself, but healthy and active!) in a gated community than here on my 9 acres, IF the community is quiet and enforces those rules!

Old 06-01-2018, 06:40 AM

12 posts, read 8,407 times
Try looking at some rather beautiful land bordering the Alabama line - quiet, great people

Old 06-01-2018, 07:29 PM

22,468 posts, read 33,326,217 times
North Central Florida, the Panhandle and other areas mentioned are well outside the OP's scope of "Central Florida" and it's kind of disingenuous to suggest there aren't any quiet areas remaining there. Much of Lake County and Polk County would certainly fulfill the requirement minus a 100+ mile or more adjustment.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM

448 posts, read 329,340 times
Paisley, Pine Lakes, Center Hill, Green Pond, parts of Ridge Manor, anything East of Haines City in Polk County.
Also, it's been a while since I been out there, but Christmas at one time was a quiet town. Maybe some one else can confirm if it still is

Old 06-02-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jano58 View Post
Try looking at some rather beautiful land bordering the Alabama line - quiet, great people
Thanks. Will consider that.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
Paisley, Pine Lakes, Center Hill, Green Pond, parts of Ridge Manor, anything East of Haines City in Polk County.
Also, it's been a while since I been out there, but Christmas at one time was a quiet town. Maybe some one else can confirm if it still is
Thanks, will consider looking at other areas. But then the main reason I am looking at the area within an hour or less from Eustis is because a) I like what I've seen of that area ; and b) two good friends live around there.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:17 PM

Altoona just past Umatilla might be something too. I know some people who
Live on Lake Yale( I think) and they like it.

Oh, another place is Crescent City in Putnam County. Just make sure you are on high ground as there was a lot of flooding with the storms last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or