U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:37 AM

446 posts, read 328,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
Thanks, will consider looking at other areas. But then the main reason I am looking at the area within an hour or less from Eustis is because a) I like what I've seen of that area ; and b) two good friends live around there.
Both paisley and pine lakes are within an hour of Eustis. You have a lot of options in north Lake County
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 10:07 AM

2,975 posts, read 2,586,354 times
Plus it’s a really quick trip down 19 and those other roads- 45 or whatever.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:25 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,285,377 times
The only way you are going to insulate yourself from "noise" and "nuisance neighbors" is by buying lots of land and carefully placing your property away from property lines. That probably means 20 or 30 very wooded acres with your home built slap dab in the center surrounded by dense forest.

HOA's may give you some legal piece of mind but will not completely solve the problem of a close neighbor who is a nuisance to you. Just keep that in mind. The nuisance neighbor may also retaliate against you in any number of ways and gin up their own claims against you with the HOA. Neighbors can really suck sometimes.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:20 PM

11,624 posts, read 8,353,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
Both paisley and pine lakes are within an hour of Eustis. You have a lot of options in north Lake County
I second this. Those places aren't going to see much development anytime soon either.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:08 PM

365 posts, read 146,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I second this. Those places aren't going to see much development anytime soon either.
Is there any negative reason why those areas are not going to see much development any time soon?
What can you tell me about the negatives and positives of that area? (All areas have at least some pos and some neg.)

Old 06-05-2018, 04:20 PM

It’s in the forest so a lot of can’t be developed anyway.

Iirc someone recently bought a huge former camp out there and is subdividing it. I believe the camp was in Umatilla.

I get those towns confused; have to look more.

When you get up towards Astor lots get smaller and prices get higher because of proximity to the St John’s. Some of the homes are actually “warped” due to flooding.

I might have mentioned Lisbon/Emerelda Marsh area in a different thread. There you’d have to watch out for flood zones.

I’ve noticed lots of middle aged bikers (motorcycles) in the area. Just something to think about in case your neighbor likes to have bike club meetings at his place!!

I have a friend of a friend in Weirsdale where the main problem is internet connection. She lives alone in 5 acres and lives it except for the internetz.

I think Paisley is a preseason training place for a Canadian baseball team.

Lake Dalhousie Estates in Umatilla looks interesting. There are 2 acre lots there but it sounds like it might emphasize “quiet”. Don’t they all, though! Hard to say.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 06-05-2018 at 04:44 PM..

Old 06-05-2018, 04:33 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,064,552 times
Here are my recommendations in the Orlando metro that would meet your criteria:

Oviedo/Chuluota Area (My personal favorite)
Sanford (Outskirts)
South Lake Nona (South of Airport/417)
Lake County (Mt. Dora/Tavares/etc.)

These would be your best bets, anything on the outskirts of the area.. The closer you get to the city center the more suburban/urban things will become.. Hopes this help!

Old 06-05-2018, 06:09 PM

Check out landsofamerica Lake County Florida- the Lake Yale Rd parcels could be what was subdivided. In any case, it’s a very educational site. You can see what beautiful vacant land might actually be approved for residential and even multi family development vs agricultural, etc. Some can be quite surprising.

Hate to buy somewhere and end up with The Villages next door. And yes, some will say, oh that would be a great investment!

That’s NOT what movingvan is after at this point. Me neither!

Old 06-05-2018, 11:12 PM

11,624 posts, read 8,353,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
Is there any negative reason why those areas are not going to see much development any time soon?
What can you tell me about the negatives and positives of that area? (All areas have at least some pos and some neg.)
Wekiva State Forest. My uncle owns land out there, and he can’t have more than one building per 10 acres. Rules are very strict. And he is not within the forest. Just near it. Cons? You’re far from urban areas. Other than that, if you’re looking for quiet areas, it’s great. I love visiting his ranch. It’s beautiful and quiet.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Wekiva is definitely beautiful!

There are homes around the Seminole State Forest as well. Nice to have that as a backyard.

There are neighborhoods in Paisley that have small lots. I don’t remember if it’s Paisley- one of the neighborhoods was full of disintegrating trailers and small homes in disrepair. Might not have been Paisley.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 06-06-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or