U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 06:45 PM

366 posts, read 146,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Wekiva is definitely beautiful!

There are homes around the Seminole State Forest as well. Nice to have that as a backyard.

There are neighborhoods in Paisley that have small lots. I don’t remember if it’s Paisley- one of the neighborhoods was full of disintegrating trailers and small homes in disrepair. Might not have been Paisley.
Thanks for all the info, ideas and tips.
I'm unable to move until I sell my hard-to-sell property... so my move to FL could be as soon as 2 months from now or as long as 2+ years from now.

I figure the more info I have - especially if I do luck out and sell my property sooner than later - the better off I'll be when the time comes.

Thanks to all who have responded. Rep given to all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 09:17 AM

2,975 posts, read 2,587,332 times
My house will be tough to sell as well.

And by that time- who knows!!

Old 06-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
My house will be tough to sell as well.

And by that time- who knows!!
Well good luck to both of us!
Sounds like we need some!

Old 06-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumatras View Post
my vote is just around Ocala !
Thanks. But do you know anything about those bomb tests I hear they do in Ocala? Is that still happening or could happen again? Kinda concerns me...

Old 06-11-2018, 03:58 PM

22,452 posts, read 33,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
Thanks. But do you know anything about those bomb tests I hear they do in Ocala? Is that still happening or could happen again? Kinda concerns me...
The bombing range is a good 30 miles east of Ocala and wouldn't be an issue closer to town. You might check out around the SW side of town off of SR200 which offers plenty of amenities, but quiet areas 10-15 minutes away.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The bombing range is a good 30 miles east of Ocala and wouldn't be an issue closer to town. You might check out around the SW side of town off of SR200 which offers plenty of amenities, but quiet areas 10-15 minutes away.
Excellent info! Thank you! Rep given.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 AM

Apparently that bombing range is 2 miles west of Camp Ocala, whererver that is.

I guess they’re starting again soon.

They’ve stated that wildlife could be scared into the roadways because of the noise.

Poor critters have to pay for our , uh, whatever.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Apparently that bombing range is 2 miles west of Camp Ocala, whererver that is.

I guess they’re starting again soon.

They’ve stated that wildlife could be scared into the roadways because of the noise.

Poor critters have to pay for our , uh, whatever.
Rather disturbing to hear since I was thinking of moving to that area...
Why is the bomb testing not being done in less populated areas or out over the ocean or ??
Seems crazy. Makes me wonder if FL is a sane place to move to... I mean, bomb practice near a fairly well populated area...??!

They say it may be heard as far as away as Mt. Dora which is near where my friend lives... Ugh. And with Trump as POTUS who knows but what they won't be doing a lot more bomb testing in the future?

Old 06-20-2018, 09:09 PM

I thought they used to do bomb testing in the Kissimmee Prairie by Okeechobee around WW II. Apparently there are still unexploded ordinances hanging around.

I don’t get it either. Don’t they have remote desert places for this stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or