Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:40 PM

330 posts, read 249,338 times

Advertisements

I was driving today and someone next to me seemed to having trouble staying in their lane. It was almost like they were doing something else besides paying total attention to driving. Finally I beeped at them to cut it out.

Then I was driving on the expressway when someone came to a dead stop in the left lane. Then they started driving sideways. They had missed their exit and were driving backwards a little bit to get to it instead of getting off at the next exit and looping back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 08:14 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
I was driving today and someone next to me seemed to having trouble staying in their lane. It was almost like they were doing something else besides paying total attention to driving. Finally I beeped at them to cut it out.

Then I was driving on the expressway when someone came to a dead stop in the left lane. Then they started driving sideways. They had missed their exit and were driving backwards a little bit to get to it instead of getting off at the next exit and looping back.
Common in many States. Too many people have no idea how to drive and what not to do. Too self centered as well. Not a FL thing, a people thing.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:02 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times
Oh no,,,,it’s a Florida thing. Never, never have I seen so many people yapping on their cell phones while driving, not signaling when turning or changing lanes, and /or just plain driving recklessly, speeding for no reason or weaving in and out of traffic here in Florida.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:43 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
The word "weird" doesn't do justice to the drivers in this state. I consider myself a professional roadway survivalist after more than half a million miles here since the mid-2000's. What you've listed in the OP is about as tame as it gets here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:45 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,722,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Common in many States. Too many people have no idea how to drive and what not to do. Too self centered as well. Not a FL thing, a people thing.
No, it is most certainly a Florida thing.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:33 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
... it is most certainly a Florida thing.
I have driver's licenses from four different countries in four languages across three continents, I have driven in over a dozen countries, not to mention about half of the 50 US states, and I have seen the same weird and weirder things in every single one of them.

It has nothing to do with "Florida".

Grow up and give it a rest.

Last edited by bale002; 06-19-2018 at 05:52 AM..

Old 06-19-2018, 06:11 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I have driver's licenses from four different countries in four languages across three continents, I have driven in over a dozen countries, not to mention about half of the 50 US states, and I have seen the same weird and weirder things in every single one of them.

It has nothing to do with "Florida".

Grow up and give it a rest.
This.

People need to go see how drivers are in places like Egypt, Italy, India and Russia

Old 06-19-2018, 06:21 AM

370 posts, read 325,627 times
Remember, FL has drivers from FL....and NY, and NJ, and MN....and England and Colombia and Germany and Russia (check out the youtube videos on how Russians drive. Ugh!)

Our roads are an international melting pot. The safest drivers, chances are, are the natives.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:38 AM

17,201 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintItBlack79 View Post
Or just Boston, MA.
I find NE drivers to be aggressive, but not reckless. Florida drivers are reckless/stupid AND aggressive.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:48 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
One thing for sure, don't try and drive safely in Florida! You have to go 15 to 20 mph over the posted speed limit and then there is still someone that comes wizzzing by you. No turn signals, running stop signs and even lights is common here, at least in Jacksonville it is.

I try to keep up with traffic, but geeeeeeeezzzzzzz. It can be like driving at Daytona!

Then, there are those old Senior people, and wife and I are both that (early 70's) that go so slow it's almost unbelievable. Basically, they are dangerous. Here, in Jacksonville, it's much to fast-paced for any Senior driver or Seniors to even live. When wife and I lived in So Calif., her mother was just like that when she drove in the Carpool Lane. We rode with her once and that was the last time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida