Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 07:47 AM

330 posts, read 249,338 times

Advertisements

Try Poinciana. It's one of the best kept secrets in Florida. It's like being out in the country but minutes from the city. Best of both worlds. And it's very cheap to buy there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 07:58 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
OP, you have received many good suggestions. However, anyone who needs to be "sold" on coming here absolutely SHOULD NOT. Florida is jam packed with people as it is. I have been on these forums for 10 years, I am a Florida native, and I will tell you there are tons of people who WANTED to come here and regretted it. I would stay put if I were you. But if you do come, I certainly would not suggest Orlando - that is a traffic nightmare. As a native, I hate even driving THROUGH there due to the horrific traffic.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:11 AM

617 posts, read 832,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Try Poinciana. It's one of the best kept secrets in Florida. It's like being out in the country but minutes from the city. Best of both worlds. And it's very cheap to buy there.
There's a reason that it's cheap though...

Old 07-06-2018, 09:42 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
There's a reason that it's cheap though...
Lol yup. Prob fine if you don't have kids and are on a fixed income

Old 07-06-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
For old people.....I guess you missed the line in the OP'S post that they don't need to worry about schools yet because they do not have children yet. This is a young couple. The Villages is the last place they would/should choose to live. I won't even recommend it to any of my friends from up North that are retiring now. But then I tend to think living in a 55+ area would be like death for me. I like being surrounded by people of all ages.
I thought there are even rules against it?

Old 07-06-2018, 06:04 PM

240 posts, read 286,933 times
[quote=Inspector1489;52406558]Sounds more like clothing is optional - according to Vinny.

But back to he subject of senior sex:
My dad's retirement home is giving out condoms, along with operating instructions. Average age 84.
He's 94, and has lots of lady friends. I shudder to think!
But then again...go dad! [/QUOTE

Why bother with condoms at their ages? They will be dead soon enough.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:34 PM

503 posts, read 1,204,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Stay far away from Orlando. Nothing but heavy traffic, high crime, and tourists. Those amusement parks are packed year round. Now as for Villages, nothing but a bunch of elitist, obnoxious loud people in a comm7nity with the highest rate of STD’s in the United States among senior citizens. Also very overcrowded, and full of drunks driving golf carts. ( saw it on TV one day ).

I’d say if you are into hiking, running outdoors, I’d suggest the Panhandle, some nice areas in Georgia that you can hit for your outdoor interests, not as crowded, and cheaper real,estate. However, if you are planning g on having children somewhere down the line, research the school district. In Florida, each county is its own school district.
That's a bunch of bunk. Total falsehood. This is something you read about. I live in the villages. It's nothing like that. I will say it's heavily republican but democrats are welcome too! I'm an independent myself.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:13 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
[quote=WinterK;52415694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
Sounds more like clothing is optional - according to Vinny.

But back to he subject of senior sex:
My dad's retirement home is giving out condoms, along with operating instructions. Average age 84.
He's 94, and has lots of lady friends. I shudder to think!
But then again...go dad! [/QUOTE

Why bother with condoms at their ages? They will be dead soon enough.
They pass out the condoms to keep the frequency of VD. Down. The older women are really aggressive. Most of them are single and pounce on men. Married? Doesn’t matter to them. They also had a report of old women picking up men from surrounding areas and bringing them back to the Villages. Do some research.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:10 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
[quote=Tominftl;52418271]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterK View Post

They pass out the condoms to keep the frequency of VD. Down. The older women are really aggressive. Most of them are single and pounce on men. Married? Doesn’t matter to them. They also had a report of old women picking up men from surrounding areas and bringing them back to the Villages. Do some research.
You believe anything in the news????????????????

Old 07-07-2018, 04:52 PM

[quote=expatCA;52421759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You believe anything in the news????????????????
More accurate than some things

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-on-the-media/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida