Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,651,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Hey thanks for that link cil! Cool site!

vpcats (what's the "vp"?) that's a sweet thing! Thank you for caring!

tallrick - ok, tell you what. I'll take that place in Key Largo off your hands for FREE! I know, it's a wonderful gesture on my part, & a really big sacrafice, but I just can't sit back & let you be so miserable down there! So just say the word, & we can arrange the keys to be dropped off & the title transferred...My Christmas gift to you!
Only if you use the property assessor as shark bait first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 06:29 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,114,595 times
[quote=elfyum;210120]

vpcats (what's the "vp"?) that's a sweet thing! Thank you for caring!

It's almost a long story Elfyum.
VP doesn't mean Vice President, although I wish it did. I am the vice pres in my house but the real leaders are my animals!
VP are my initials and the "cats" is because when I made up this screenname, way back when, I had only cats. I've used this "alias" forever and so it's easy to remember. I feel like I'm cheating the dogs now though but they'll just have to know that they're part of me too.

Here's a little more info. My original initials were VIF. I never liked my middle name so when you become a naturalized citizen you can opt to do anything to your name and I was old enough to decide that I wanted to drop that middle "I". (I was born in Cuba). Little did I know then that my first husband's last name started with a "P" and that I would change my last name. I would have been "VIP"

I've kept that last name through my son's growing up and by now, well, it's just too much hass le to go back to anything. Even my second husband had to accept that I was not changing all my paperwork again! hahahaha

Old 12-14-2006, 04:09 PM

628 posts, read 1,827,379 times
[CENTER]Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.[/CENTER] [RIGHT][LEFT]Winston Churchill[/LEFT][/RIGHT]

Old 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM

[CENTER]Dwight D. Eisenhower:
[CENTER]Pessimism never won any battle.
[/CENTER]

Oscar Wilde:
[CENTER]Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Old 12-14-2006, 04:15 PM

944 posts, read 3,835,479 times
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true.

Sir Winston Churchill

Old 12-14-2006, 04:19 PM

Some people wanted champagne and caviar when they should have had beer and hot dogs.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old 12-14-2006, 04:21 PM

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

Oscar Wilde

Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM

11 posts, read 81,005 times
Default it's a choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURT View Post
very nice shores9......
the fact is that people either can afford to live here or they can not. its always been the way everywhere throughout the country.
those who can not are complaining. thats fine but it also will solve nothing.
I could afford to live there, but couldn't see raising my son in that environment. The quality of life was not worth the money to live there. We had a nice house on a lake in Weston, but couldn't stand the shallowness and classism of those surrounding us. If you didn't look a certain way you were pretty much ostracized or tolerated at best. No place is perfect. Only better for where you are in life. We had so much fun while living down there, but when it came time to raise family I couldn't bear to stay there. I'm sure many agree as well as disagree with me. And that's great! I have many friends who live there and will never ever leave; I also have friends that have lived there and will never ever live there again. I love to visit Florida at least once a year, but prefer living elsewhere by choice; not because I can't afford it. g---

Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

Oscar Wilde
[CENTER]We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.[/CENTER]
Oscar Wilde

Old 12-14-2006, 04:32 PM

[CENTER]The only disability in life is a bad attitude. [/CENTER]
Scott Hamilton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida