U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 02:25 PM

22,112 posts, read 9,399,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfan05 View Post
Thanks, I had no idea. So I should still be expecting a bill soon in the mail?
They are awfully disorganized with this system mess they had.

I'm not sure they will catch up with people they've missed for the months it was down. You can call them and check.

I got an email that the Sunpass system had been screwed up, so not to worry if they missed some of the tolls I used. In fact they did miss a toll on Alligator Alley I went through using Sunpass (when it was down).

I'm thinking you won't get billed out of state, but what do I know? It's Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 02:27 PM

9,541 posts, read 6,529,042 times
Quote:
Was that a sad attempt at humor? Because it wasn't funny.
I actually chuckled...............

Old 09-20-2018, 03:54 PM

1,790 posts, read 747,444 times
BTW. It happens NOT just in Florida..It's The Fool on The Hill's Fault. Totally in agreement with that statement I heard today on FOX NEWS !!!

Bahawah !!!! (Some people in there do not like him too)

Old 09-20-2018, 06:04 PM

9,541 posts, read 6,529,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
They are going to charge some ridiculous admin fee by the way.
It's only like 5 bucks or something like that. So if he/she ran through some $100 worth of tolls in one billing period (a month) they'll pay around $105.

They're doing away with toll booths, and the assumption is that people either have a Sunpass or equivalent, or they will just be billed through Toll-by-Plate. Unless one lives here and/or regularly travels the toll roads, it's hardly worth getting a Sunpass.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:19 PM

8,777 posts, read 5,616,583 times
Quote:
Back in late April 2018, my wife and I went on vacation down in the Destin area. We went through some tolls and I confirmed with the lady at the tollbooth that you don't pay at that time, instead there is a camera that takes a shot of your license plate and will send you a bill to the address your license plates are registered at to pay the tolls.

We live in Tennessee and our plates/registration address has never changed since that time. Yet, we still haven't received anything about paying these tolls. It's not a huge amount I don't believe, I'm just confused what happened? Should I be worried and what should I do?

Thanks.
I didn't receive any notice either, that is until a bill collector sent me a nasty notice with a threat to have my license revoked. Yes, I am an out of stater.

Florida tolling AFAICT is a pooch that has been repeatedly scruded. I wouldn't wait for them to contact you. Instead, I would send an email explaining that you are waiting and then hope that some kind of official notice comes back. That way, even if you are later sent to collections, at least you have some kind of proof that you contacted them.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:40 PM

15,658 posts, read 8,764,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
It's only like 5 bucks or something like that. So if he/she ran through some $100 worth of tolls in one billing period (a month) they'll pay around $105.

They're doing away with toll booths, and the assumption is that people either have a Sunpass or equivalent, or they will just be billed through Toll-by-Plate. Unless one lives here and/or regularly travels the toll roads, it's hardly worth getting a Sunpass.
I hate those Toll-by-Plate because most of the time you don't even know about it until you get the bill.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:01 AM

1,790 posts, read 747,444 times
Never a problem after I got the Mini Sticker. Which by now it spans several years (Early 2011)..The battery operated ones for me were always trouble.

By the way since that time I have traded in 3 vehicles and I never removed the Stickers, on line you just disconnect them, and a new one added to the Sunpass Acct..

I do that because if the car stays in Fl, whomever that lucky soul might be, they don't have to spend $5.00 and they can activate it on line too.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:51 PM

122 posts, read 168,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Expect being sent to prison next time crossing state lines! Deep cavity searches as well!

If you are worried, you can just call or email them.
I thought it was funny. Deep cavity search.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:12 PM

13,572 posts, read 9,251,711 times
Just worry and or pay ray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or