Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 08:52 PM

35 posts, read 224,022 times

Advertisements

I need your help!!!

I have been investigating a place to relocate to for about a month now and I think I have finally narrowed down the state I want to live in,lol. Unfortunately, I haven't narrowed the city down yet. I am interested in a place not too far from action, outdoor activities, jet skiing in a small lake, volleyball (the ladies love volleyball ), and basketball. Also, a golds or world gym nearby or something similiar for this wanna be body builder. Also, I want the entertainment and club scene a close second. As far as my home I would like to get the most house for my money (ideally, the scarface mansion would be perfect,lol). A house 4000sq for $300,000 with pool jacuzzi etc,. Although, this may not be feasible I thought I would give you an idea. Hope the weather isn't too humid as well. Some citys that may give me the house space is: Edgewater, Lakeland, Merrit Island, and Melbourne. I have no idea if these places have nightlife and entertainment or even if it's nearby. Please give me some insight as my choices of citys arent limited to the ones mentioned. By the way, I prefer favorable weather, no humidity, 70s year round,lol. I know not realistic but you get the idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 09:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happenstance View Post
I need your help!!!

I have been investigating a place to relocate to for about a month now and I think I have finally narrowed down the state I want to live in,lol. Unfortunately, I haven't narrowed the city down yet. I am interested in a place not too far from action, outdoor activities, jet skiing in a small lake, volleyball (the ladies love volleyball ), and basketball. Also, a golds or world gym nearby or something similiar for this wanna be body builder. Also, I want the entertainment and club scene a close second. As far as my home I would like to get the most house for my money (ideally, the scarface mansion would be perfect,lol). A house 4000sq for $300,000 with pool jacuzzi etc,. Although, this may not be feasible I thought I would give you an idea. Hope the weather isn't too humid as well. Some citys that may give me the house space is: Edgewater, Lakeland, Merrit Island, and Melbourne. I have no idea if these places have nightlife and entertainment or even if it's nearby. Please give me some insight as my choices of citys arent limited to the ones mentioned. By the way, I prefer favorable weather, no humidity, 70s year round,lol. I know not realistic but you get the idea
You're looking at Florida cities, and they are all hot, humid and overcrowded most of the year. At this time of the real estate bubble game you will pay double what any property is really worth. Better look at another state!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
You're looking at Florida cities, and they are all hot, humid and overcrowded most of the year. At this time of the real estate bubble game you will pay double what any property is really worth. Better look at another state!
Well I know it is hot, humid but some places less than others. As for the real estate bubble? Well I don't know if your right or wrong but I seen some pretty reasonable real estate prices in merritt island online. I think I saw homes under 4000sq for $300,000(might been 3600sq or something). I believe that is a fair price to live in florida, but, hey what do I know?

Old 12-14-2006, 11:38 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,469 times
Quote:
I need your help!!!

I have been investigating a place to relocate to for about a month now and I think I have finally narrowed down the state I want to live in,lol. A house 4000sq for $300,000 with pool jacuzzi etc
LOL... OMG are you a dreamer or what?!? A 4,000 sq foot house will costs you no less than $700,000. Go to Remax.com and learn for yourself. Maybe you can get a house like that after it's been destroyed by a hurricane! LOL.... Oh wait, you can get a house that size for that price in a city called Dreamland, FL.... but you need to fall asleep first!! Oh, my head hurts... I am laughing so hard.... OMG....

Not to bust and shatter your impossible FL dream, but check out the attached listing. I just searched a realty site (like Remax)... 3,215sq ft house... going for $574,500...

Not in Florida, man... maybe somewhere else.... definitelly not here. You will not even be able to afford your home owner's insurance... much less the property taxes.

Have you checked the other threads in this forum?? FL is NOT what it used to be, man. Try some other state, other forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Ok guys I am exhausted searching for a perfect city to relocate to-homes-sample-12-15-06.jpg  

Last edited by Christian11; 12-14-2006 at 11:48 PM..

Old 12-14-2006, 11:51 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,469 times
Quote:
I need your help!!! Hope the weather isn't too humid as well. Some citys that may give me the house space is: Edgewater, Lakeland, Merrit Island, and Melbourne. I have no idea if these places have nightlife and entertainment or even if it's nearby. Please give me some insight as my choices of citys arent limited to the ones mentioned. By the way, I prefer favorable weather, no humidity, 70s year round,lol. I know not realistic but you get the idea
Uh, go to www.weather.com. The humidity is Florida is usually between 85 - 100% everyday.

Anywhere near the water (ocean), you feel less humidity, but you will never be able tpo afford a house and pay for the Homeowner's insurance and property taxes anyway.

If you like low humidity, in the 70s year round, try Hawaii. Here you will NOT find the weather or home prices you want.

Here, because I feel bad for your lack of info, I took a picture of the weather.com for Lakeland, FL for right now. 98% humidity (see attachment to this posting).

Good lucking finding the low humidity place. Hawaii is like that, my co-workers said it is 70's daily, very comfortable, low humidity...
Attached Thumbnails
Ok guys I am exhausted searching for a perfect city to relocate to-lakeland-fl-weather-98-humidity-jpeg  

Old 12-14-2006, 11:59 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,209,634 times
Happenstance....is this a joke or are you serious? Florida is nothing if not HUMID. I am not a Florida basher but the truth is if you don't like humidity....you're looking in the wrong part of the country. From my experience the entire south is humid. Perhaps you need to look west.

And then a 4000 square foot house with a pool and jacuzzi for under 300K? Again, this has to be a joke - I'm not sure you could find this anywhere in the USA - at least not one that wasn't a major handyman special.

I really get the idea this post had to have been made tongue in check. Perhaps the jokes on us? LOL

Old 12-15-2006, 01:40 AM

Hi Guys and gals:

Yes I was half joking....I am aware that the weather isnt going to be in the
70s, however I do know whether the weather is in the 80s or not some citys must be a bit cooler then others. As for the home I knew I am not getting all those amenities thats why I said although, I know it is not feasible afterwards. Howeve, I did think I found something similiar in square footage like over 3000sq for $300,000..... I just found the website and for $300,000 home in Merritt Island the square footage was more like 2313....Oh well, so I was wrong on that. I guess I was trying to drive a point home about best weather possible and more home for money. Sorry guys I guess the jokes on me....

Last edited by happenstance; 12-15-2006 at 01:52 AM..

Old 12-15-2006, 06:43 AM

317 posts, read 1,229,276 times
Default Happenstance...

...your posting is almost insulting...it is so unrealistic.

Perhaps you are very young. I am not sure. But you are not in reality. There is NO utopia. And I don't know of any place that is half way decent to live...where you will get that size of a house...at that price...with the perfect weather...with all the amenities....ya da ya da ya da.

Life is MORE THAN GOLDS GYM! Life is what you make it. I personally think your priorities are a little ....strange??? And why is such a large house so darn important?

I would say....move on...and good luck.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Lynne View Post
...your posting is almost insulting...it is so unrealistic.

Perhaps you are very young. I am not sure. But you are not in reality. There is NO utopia. And I don't know of any place that is half way decent to live...where you will get that size of a house...at that price...with the perfect weather...with all the amenities....ya da ya da ya da.

Life is MORE THAN GOLDS GYM! Life is what you make it. I personally think your priorities are a little ....strange??? And why is such a large house so darn important?

I would say....move on...and good luck.
Well I believe I cleared things up in the followning post above you so, I wont comment on housing. As far as golds gym hey, it is my preference and I was very specific just to see if everything I would specifically want would be near where ever I rest. I see I am catching heat for being specific and half joking, oh well.

BTW: To ANY ONE ELSE WHO POST HERE AND SAY FLORIDA ISN'T AFFORDABLE. i AM GOING TO QUOTE A CONVERSATION OUT THE TENNESSEE ROOM AND I WILL LET YOU DECIDE IF IT IS AFFORDABLE THEIR OR NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena
The living expenses are NOT the same as Florida. Do you pay for your own auto insurance? In S Florida it will be 3-4k with no accidents. In TN it is 300.00 per year.

TN is not in the same category as Florida- you are comparing apples and oranges with no facts.

No facts ! RIIGGHT !!

Food and Food Ingredients costs the same if not more in TN
Did you forget they're TAXED.

Average Sales tax in TN is slightly over 9 % compared to a 7% average.
( that can add quite a bit to many purchases )
Gas, Water, Electric, Phone, Cable, Internet, Cellular Service, cost are nearly identical.
New Vehicles are not cheaper when equally equipped .
Property taxes in the Bigger Cites have roughly the same mil rate.
**Bigger the city the more it costs **
Outside city limits/agricultuiral /rural areas are naturally a different stories.

3 to 4 k for Insurance !!

Where in the world did you get that insurance quote from ??
Who ever it was they were trying to Stick It To You !!
I keep full coverage and 500k liability each on a 2005 Yukon and a
2002 Mustang GT it only costs around $2200 per year.
(a State Farm office in Knoxville quoted much higher )

YES ! ,You can get coverage in Florida for around $300 (PIP & 10/20 Liability)
I have a home and property to protect. Have you seen some of the ridiculous amounts
juries are awarding people in frivilous lawsuits these days.
Also do keep in mind Insurance as a whole in Florida. (Homeowners and Auto)
is based in part on the individuals credit rating. Bad Credit = Bad Risk
Bad Risk = Higher Prices

Don't Get it wrong I am not bad mouthing Tennesse,Quite the opposite.
If you read my post as being that, I APOLOGIZE as that is
not my intent.
My family and I love our home in Kingston. (well technicaly Mid-Town but )
It is a wonderful area, 30 to 45 minutes from Knoxville, close to Gatlinburg
Pigeon Forge etc and easy access to Nashville.
And locally Fort Southwest Point is a particular favorite.
Next year we plan to sell our home in Tampa and make Tennessee our permanent home..

I have checked my facts ! And Yes there are somethings that are cheaper in Tennessee
and I plan to enjoy every single one of them !!

And besides the Apples from Washington are better anyway
so there !!

Quote:
Kal-Torak

Old 12-15-2006, 07:39 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Regarding the perfect city...

Take a poll and ask the whiners on this board where they live and then move someplace else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida