U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 01:32 PM

7,906 posts, read 4,872,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Obama added more to deficit than ALL president that came before him...ALL COMBINED! He had the opportunity to fund the fed pensions but instead decided to blow billions on Solyndra and other green energy failures, amongst other really dumb things...like $220M on heathcare web site that didn't work.

Obama's economy was a train wreck and Trumps boasts higher GDP growth, lowest unemployment in years, lowest minority unemployment in history, highest wage growth in 10 years, highest labor participation rate, highest manufacturing job growth, highest manufacturer confidence in 10 years, highest consumer confidence in many years, lowest female unemployment, and I could go on and on.

At least Tump delivered something for the cash he's spent, Obama blew it all on nothing. His legacy is trash.
You've repeated this argument repeatedly. I'll respond in detail some day, but the massive budget deficit in Obama's first year was actually a George W. budget necessitated by the Great Recession, entirely of Republican making.

In subsequent years, Obama reduced the federal deficit greatly despite massive unemployment and impaired tax revenues inherited from the George W. administration.

Trump's budget deficits are escalating, despite a full employment economy. As repeatedly documented, many top-notch analysts are appalled, including Bond King Jeffrey Gundlach who says Trump is leading us on an economic "suicide mission."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uicide-mission

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

Trump's administration will have record federal borrowings despite a strong economy.

Federal debt sales under Trump surpassing record set after financial crisis - Los Angeles Times

And Trump falsely champions his massively regressive tariffs as a means of tampering his deficits.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/01/trad...p-tariffs.html

Fiscal stimulus and lax regulation can borrow an economy, as it did before the Great Recession, until the piper must be paid.

Floridians likely will inherit an unprecedented fiscal mess to complement disastrously the certain environmental catastrophe that Trump is bestowing on Florida.

You believe that the world is cooling and that climate change is a hoax, you believe everything Trump says about immigration, so it's not shocking to me that you also believe in Trump's economic policies.

Last edited by WRnative; 11-02-2018 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 01:34 PM

1,790 posts, read 758,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Actually, this is not correct. Unlike Miami, New York City is built on impermeable bedrock. Even sea walls can't protect Miami as the water goes through and erodes the limestone on which Miami was built. Miami also is lower than NYC, with an average elevation of less than 7 feet compared to 33 feet in NYC. Gravitation and greater ocean temperatures (thermal expansion) also makes sea level rise greater in Miami than in NYC. Finally, a slowing Gulf Stream will make NYC colder while making Miami much hotter, with even greater relative thermal expansion.
We'll all be DEAD by then no matter where we are buried or our ashes blown away

Old 11-02-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
We'll all be DEAD by then no matter where we are buried or our ashes blown away
Yes, but what about future generations???

Also, within a decade or two, rising sea levels will begin to cripple Miami. Read again post 4, especially the discussions at the end about Miami's internet network and fresh water supply.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:26 PM

783 posts, read 893,614 times
I was just in NYC this past July, and everything including the subway looked and worked the same as when I lived there 15 years ago. BTW the Staten Island Ferry is still the "best tourist deal on the planet"!

Old 11-02-2018, 02:29 PM

1,790 posts, read 758,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineprince View Post
I was just in NYC this past July, and everything including the subway looked and worked the same as when I lived there 15 years ago. BTW the Staten Island Ferry is still the "best tourist deal on the planet"!
Of COURSE, It's FRee !!!!!!

Old 11-02-2018, 04:32 PM

2,358 posts, read 875,697 times
if Miami sinks, the Republicans rule Florida, so I hope it sinks into the sea, but all the Dems go back up North to where they came from. I'm not wishing ill will upon anyone.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:10 PM

9,631 posts, read 6,612,938 times
Quote:
if Miami sinks, the Republicans rule Florida, so I hope it sinks into the sea, but all the Dems go back up North to where they came from. I'm not wishing ill will upon anyone.
LOL!!! What? The next two biggest cities are Tampa and Orlando, which, combined, make up a higher population than Miami. Neither one of those cities are Republican hotbeds.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:02 AM

2,358 posts, read 875,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
LOL!!! What? The next two biggest cities are Tampa and Orlando, which, combined, make up a higher population than Miami. Neither one of those cities are Republican hotbeds.
If you take Dade and Broward counties out of the mix, its game,set,match for Republicans in Florida.

So, we'd need Miami and Ft. Lauderdale to sink into the sea displacing all those voters, and hoping they'd return to the highly taxed areas they created in the Northeast U.S.. (wishful thinking).

We early voted in Southern Sarasota County Thursday 2pm. ~100 people there. It took us 35 minutes.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Default Threats to southern FL water supplies

The permeability of the limestone on which Miami is built, in addition to Miami's low elevation, makes the city especially vulnerable to accelerating sea level rise.

See post 34 in this thread for a detailed discussion of the varied threats, including salt water intrusion and even increasing rainfall, that man-made climate change poses for southern Florida water supplies.

PBS' "Battleground: Florida" program on Monday, Oct. 29

Here's one linked article featured in the post.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-water-problem

Old 11-03-2018, 05:10 PM

13,661 posts, read 9,321,336 times
Quote:
Obama added more to deficit than ALL president that came before him...ALL COMBINED! He had the opportunity to fund the fed pensions but instead decided to blow billions on Solyndra and other green energy failures, amongst other really dumb things...like $220M on heathcare web site that didn't work.

Obama's economy was a train wreck and Trumps boasts higher GDP growth, lowest unemployment in years, lowest minority unemployment in history, highest wage growth in 10 years, highest labor participation rate, highest manufacturing job growth, highest manufacturer confidence in 10 years, highest consumer confidence in many years, lowest female unemployment, and I could go on and on.

At least Tump delivered something for the cash he's spent, Obama blew it all on nothing. His legacy is trash.
Bush 2 broke this country. Bush 1 brought us higher gas prices and a failed war. Bush 2 brought us even higher gas prices and two failed wars. Obamabutt was even worse than both Bush 1 and 2.

We are going into a normal short 1500 year warming cycle. The ramp up in heating will be unreal world wide with sea level rise as much 12ft within 70 years in some parts of the globe.

Trump is sure better than the three clowns i listed above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or