Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 09:39 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
What "failed policies" are you referring to?
High taxes and debt caused in large part by paying and promising to pay unsustainable government worker pensions that are now beginning to implode like a great ponzi scheme.

Detroit's workers pension payments were cut during Detroit's bankrupcy, and soon Connecticut, Illinois, and California will follow suit. It's inevitable.

OBlunder stole Billions from GM bond holders and gave it to the GM Union Pension fund to prevent it from failing (for now anyways), but there's not enough cash anywhere to save all the underwater government pension funds from failing (like Sarasota's too incidentally).

Anyways, that's just a brief start to naming the Libs failed policies that are causing massive migrations away from Blue states and to Red states. I'd like to build walls around all of those failed Blue states to prevent the Libs from coming down here and making an instant replay here. I'd love to make them stay there and shove their noses into it like a puppy dog who just crapped on the new carpeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 10:27 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
High taxes and debt caused in large part by paying and promising to pay unsustainable government worker pensions that are now beginning to implode like a great ponzi scheme.

Detroit's workers pension payments were cut during Detroit's bankrupcy, and soon Connecticut, Illinois, and California will follow suit. It's inevitable.

OBlunder stole Billions from GM bond holders and gave it to the GM Union Pension fund to prevent it from failing (for now anyways), but there's not enough cash anywhere to save all the underwater government pension funds from failing (like Sarasota's too incidentally).

Anyways, that's just a brief start to naming the Libs failed policies that are causing massive migrations away from Blue states and to Red states. I'd like to build walls around all of those failed Blue states to prevent the Libs from coming down here and making an instant replay here. I'd love to make them stay there and shove their noses into it like a puppy dog who just crapped on the new carpeting.
Cali and NY are two of the biggest economies in the country and world.

Which red state do you hold in high regard? Texas....the state that almost elected a dem to the Senate this year?

Old 11-10-2018, 10:28 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:

Maybe states in the Midwest and Northeast should pursue policies to disadvantage Red Hatters who will inevitably flee Florida once the environmental degradation of FL becomes unbearable.

Once housing values collapse, Florida's poor and middle class citizens will be left behind to bear the unbearable, until forced to flee due to the inevitable inundation unless fossil fuel consumption is drastically curtailed; it may even be too late to save much of Florida's beaches and other coastal areas as greenhouse gases are cumulative and even current levels in the atmosphere will continue to warm our planet.

One-percenters such as you obviously don't care about the social losers due to environmental degradation anymore than you care about the destruction of Florida's coral reef or the accelerating rate of sea level rise.

Last edited by WRnative; 11-10-2018 at 10:59 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 12:09 PM

Eau contrare...the top 1%, like me, give more to charity than any other group, and thus are the most compassionate when it comes to caring for the less fortunate (and some who are just plain lazy). Furthermore, Republicans donate more to charity's than Democrats, and it's not even close. As just one example (that can be easily verified), compare wacky Joe Biden's charitable giving to Mitt Romney's. If it was fight, they'd have to stop it 2 seconds into the bout.

So, top 1%'ers who are Conservative have proven to be the most compassionate group of any other demographic group when it comes to giving, and compassion.

Also, the top 1% pay more in income taxes than the bottom 90% combined. Many Libs still feel that is not enough. Meanwhile, Thousands of Liberal Government workers and elected officials owe Billions in unpaid taxes.

So far as the rest of it...it's just a darned Acorn!

Old 11-10-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Eau contrare...the top 1%, like me, give more to charity than any other group, and thus are the most compassionate when it comes to caring for the less fortunate (and some who are just plain lazy). Furthermore, Republicans donate more to charity's than Democrats, and it's not even close. As just one example (that can be easily verified), compare wacky Joe Biden's charitable giving to Mitt Romney's. If it was fight, they'd have to stop it 2 seconds into the bout.

So, top 1%'ers who are Conservative have proven to be the most compassionate group of any other demographic group when it comes to giving, and compassion.

Also, the top 1% pay more in income taxes than the bottom 90% combined. Many Libs still feel that is not enough. Meanwhile, Thousands of Liberal Government workers and elected officials owe Billions in unpaid taxes.

So far as the rest of it...it's just a darned Acorn!
Please tell me all about the giver in chief Trump's charitable donations. Lmao.

This should be great.

I'll start it off:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-dealing-claim

Btw the data on dems va republicans charitable giving includes religious and church donations. Hardly charitable

Old 11-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Churches help Millions of people every day, and most of them not even church members. Many operate food banks, provide free legal assistance, provide divorce support/counseling, provide substance abuse counseling, they do foreign missions to help impoverished people in 3rd world country's, they help with disaster relief, operate homeless shelters, operate homes for battered women, operate soup kitchens...too many things to list here.

Did you know the Salvation Army is a church? Did you know Goodwill was started in a Methodist Chapel in Boston?

Many wealthy donors give through the Church and not necessarily to the Church.

The last church I was in was a Mennonite Church in Sarasota's Pinecraft community, and a sizeable group of lady's there were making quilts to send abroad to 3rd World Country's using all donated materials. Their work was amazing.

You call these things "hardly charitable"?

Old 11-11-2018, 07:15 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
^^^^
I'm glad the so called 'churches' that were bilking tax payer money to the tune of $3000 per 'refugee' to resettle them in the U.S. are closing shop. The 100,000 per year has been reduced to 20,000

Old 11-12-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:

You call these things "hardly charitable"?
Republicans give more to charity

Quote:
Having established the difference, we next wanted to know why a partisan gap in giving appears. We tested three potential explanations – religious identity, political beliefs, and economic status.

We found the strongest support for the religious explanation. Republicans are not only more likely to attend church than Democrats, but church attendance – among Democrats and Republicans alike – is strongly associated with charitable giving. Gaps in giving, therefore, are linked to differences in the social composition of the parties, in which the average Republican is more religious than the average Democrat. Moreover, the overall giving gap emerges because Republicans donate more to their own religious congregations, rather than nationally active religious charities.
And we all know how great organized religion can be for humanity

Old 11-12-2018, 07:06 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
^^^^
I'm glad the so called 'churches' that were bilking tax payer money to the tune of $3000 per 'refugee' to resettle them in the U.S. are closing shop. The 100,000 per year has been reduced to 20,000
An incredible racket. I was stunned when I found out about that, Catholic Charities and the Lutherans are the worst offenders, as I recall. Bring 'em in, dump 'em on communities, get paid and move on, leaving the taxpayers to cope with their new neighbors. They basically became subcontractors to the State Department, so much for the separation of church and state.

However, I don't want to paint all churches with the same brush. It was basically only a handful of the more powerful religious organizations that engaged in this.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:09 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
Florida will turn from red to blue as us older folks die off..
Nah. New older peeps will keep the numbers up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida