U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 1,112 times

Advertisements

People seem to celebrate "diversity" more than "character"....now that's the thing that is sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 09:25 PM

2,111 posts, read 2,087,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
I would think your friend's experience is because conservatives are much more tolerant than liberals.

Do some research. Triggered liberals are not accepting of other folks beliefs whilst conservatives welcome all viewpoints without trying to silence them.
Thank you for that bit of sarcasm. LMAO

Old 12-31-2018, 09:54 PM

589 posts, read 149,739 times
95.5% white retirement community and safe. Huh! Go figure.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:21 AM

3,689 posts, read 2,013,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
95.5% white retirement community and safe. Huh! Go figure.
Yup.
If you want diversity go live in a 'hood and see how long the bros respect your liberal values

Old 01-01-2019, 08:36 PM

15,105 posts, read 3,993,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Yup.
If you want diversity go live in a 'hood and see how long the bros respect your liberal values
I was there today delivering meals on wheels. Nice people. Some actually talked to me......

Old 01-01-2019, 08:40 PM

15,105 posts, read 3,993,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueLightYouUp View Post
People seem to celebrate "diversity" more than "character"....now that's the thing that is sad.
I guess character is defined somewhat as a couple hundred grand plus yearly fees and also the right amount of money to play golf and go out to eat, etc......

That said, I was driving up by the Villages last week and all that money isn't going to help with the traffic situation. They should put a jetport in there....because old people have to travel hours to get there and the interstate is a parking lot! No kidding. They better have restroom equipped busses or there are going to be accidents!

75 is hopeless. No planning. After the fact it seems Florida is discovering that 22 million people....is a lot.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:41 PM

589 posts, read 149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Yup.
Yes. I wonder if OP feels the same about a neighborhood that's 95% Asian or 95% black. Or is it solely white neighborhoods that require "diversity".

Old 01-02-2019, 06:23 AM

2,354 posts, read 870,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Yes. I wonder if OP feels the same about a neighborhood that's 95% Asian or 95% black. Or is it solely white neighborhoods that require "diversity".
Here are some examples the OP'er may want to consider:

https://www.blackenterprise.com/10-a...rican-suburbs/

Liberal University's (HARVARD) are accused too, and this case against Asian applicants:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...sparse-country

And, a Liberal IT Giant (GOOGLE), in this case against White men, and women of all races:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ersity-problem

And, the United States' Court Systems, particularly against Hispanics in Texas:

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ericas-courts/

And even large City Governments (Atlanta)...next time you pass through Atlanta's airport, note this:

According to the 2010 Census, the racial makeup of Atlanta was as follows: Black or African American: 54% White: 38.4% Asian: 3.1%

And even County governments:

https://politics.myajc.com/news/loca...22mif8GVbVfsL/

Old 01-02-2019, 02:16 PM

325 posts, read 719,746 times
I was in China a few years ago. I didn't see hardly any people of color there.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:53 PM

463 posts, read 366,142 times
The villages is benefiting from the prosperous retirees that worked after WWII into the late 80's when companies offered decent company funded pensions and other benefits such as decent health insurance after retirement. Early retirement age where a person could actually have a 2nd career. Things changed in the 80/90's.

That gig is up for the most. The up coming crop of retiring generation - X' r (1964-84) will be smaller to have those benes and it will decrease even more as the younger generation- X hits the old geezer time with even older retirement years. Social security now goes from 65 to 67 and all those good blue/white collar jobs are dust in the wind.
Its logical that the villages would be filled with white people of means from that era, they got theirs. They still think its 1982 in employment but really they got theirs, to hell with the next generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida