U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 01:43 PM

2,788 posts, read 811,757 times

Advertisements

.....your religion is getting in the way

both sides have money in the game....of course they do.....no one is working for free on either side
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 01:45 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,545,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
.....your religion is getting in the way

both sides have money in the game....of course they do.....no one is working for free on either side
Again, please clarify for me that your position is unless a scientist is working absolutely for free on a contentious issue her research cannot be trusted. Is that accurate?

I’ve also told what would cause me to change my opinion on this subject. What would it take for you? I’m not the zealot here.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 12-02-2018 at 01:56 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 02:11 PM

This is where you started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
So it’s the scientists who are being corrupted by money, not the politicians being paid by the oil companies? Got it.
I can't be any more clear that exactly what I've said all along...
..both sides have money in the game
As I showed you, it can be $millions on both sides

Quote:
Why lie...just tell the truth

No where have I said one is more corrupt than the other.....only that they all have money in the game

James Hansen received over $2 million in direct payments for his activism...while employed at NASA and drawing a $6 figure income

Michael Mann received over $6 million in grants

Old 12-02-2018, 02:16 PM

17,914 posts, read 17,814,409 times
If you make huge claims like the entire state of Florida will be underwater in 50 years or Cat 6 hurricanes will be common starting next year... then you are more likely to get more funding. Climate Change is real, but it's being over exaggerated whether for attention, funding, etc that is the question.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:27 PM

Of course climate change is real.....but climate change is not global warming

Old 12-02-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
This is where you started...

I can't be any more clear that exactly what I've said all along...
..both sides have money in the game
As I showed you, it can be $millions on both sides
I think youíre scared to clarify your position because you know cynical and ridiculous it is when you actually state it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If you make huge claims like the entire state of Florida will be underwater in 50 years or Cat 6 hurricanes will be common starting next year... then you are more likely to get more funding. Climate Change is real, but it's being over exaggerated whether for attention, funding, etc that is the question.
Thatís not how research funding works. You get funded to do research. You donít come up with a conclusion first, collect funding, then do research.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I think you’re scared to clarify your position because you know cynical and ridiculous it is when you actually state it.

You mean because you're baiting me? I'm not going to say something just because it's something you want me to say.
....both sides have money in the game....that's a fact..and that's my position

You are not that dense....so you're flat out lying again

My position is both sides have money in the game.
You asked me to show you millionaire climate scientists...I did
The two most prominent climate scientists have received over $8 million
.and that's just two

Last edited by Corrie22; 12-02-2018 at 02:58 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
You mean because you're baiting me? I'm not going to say something just because it's something you want me to say.
....both sides have money in the game....that's a fact..and that's my position

You are not that dense....so you're flat out lying again

My position is both sides have money in the game.
You asked me to show you millionaire climate scientists...I did
The two most prominent climate scientists have received over $8 million
.and that's just two
You didn’t show me a millionaire. You showed me a million dollar research project. Surely you understand the difference.

I’ll ask you again, under what circumstances would you change your opinion?

Old 12-02-2018, 03:18 PM

17,914 posts, read 17,814,409 times
Quote:
That’s not how research funding works. You get funded to do research. You don’t come up with a conclusion first, collect funding, then do research.

Everything is political. What was Nelson's and Gillum's proposal for the environment? Increase funding for climate change research. Ta Da!

Make voters feel like there won't be a tomorrow unless we figure out climate change, so politicians will campaign to increase funding for such things. Ta Da!

Old 12-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Everything is political. What was Nelson's and Gillum's proposal for the environment? Increase funding for climate change research. Ta Da!

Make voters feel like there won't be a tomorrow unless we figure out climate change, so politicians will campaign to increase funding for such things. Ta Da!
The leap you have to make there, that almost all climatologists are complicit in the deception, is really astounding. The ones who are not getting paid are just betting on the come? Itís so ludicrous.

What would it take for you to change your opinion on this subject?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or