Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 AM

440 posts, read 2,425,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
Crap, we'll only be as far as Chipley tomorrow night!
So sorry you won't be here yet for tonight's festivities. We are looking forward to ending the work day around 3:00, grabbing a snack, walk the dog, and hop on our bikes and pedal over for some free tunes & fun! We love Gulf Place ... it's only a bike ride away and this time of the year, we get to enjoy many little events/festivals ... we are blessed! Have a safe journey down and who knows maybe we will meet at the concert .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 AM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 992,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bohemians View Post
So sorry you won't be here yet for tonight's festivities. We are looking forward to ending the work day around 3:00, grabbing a snack, walk the dog, and hop on our bikes and pedal over for some free tunes & fun! We love Gulf Place ... it's only a bike ride away and this time of the year, we get to enjoy many little events/festivals ... we are blessed! Have a safe journey down and who knows maybe we will meet at the concert .....
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Actually, we only have tickets for Saturday as we really enjoy Dave Koz. In fact, we're not planning to get to the festival until around 1 or 2 PM. I did, however, get tickets for 2 lawn chairs. I just hope we'll have a place to put them by then!

Friday, we're just gonna hang out in Destin and chill. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!

ABM

BTW, did you get my PM regarding that condo? We were still potentially interested for a later date.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Actually, we only have tickets for Saturday as we really enjoy Dave Koz. In fact, we're not planning to get to the festival until around 1 or 2 PM. I did, however, get tickets for 2 lawn chairs. I just hope we'll have a place to put them by then!

Friday, we're just gonna hang out in Destin and chill. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!

ABM

BTW, did you get my PM regarding that condo? We were still potentially interested for a later date.
Hopefully all will work out perfectly for you and you will have an amazing spot on the lawn and no troubles at all ..... What are you looking to do in Destin ??? What kinds of activities do you like? Honestly, we don't spend too much time in Destin this time of the year .... we prefer the beaches where we live along the Scenic 30A .... have you over been over our way other than to Gulf Place?

We did get your message about the condo .... we'll send you the contact info again in a private message ....

Old 04-17-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Hopefully all will work out perfectly for you and you will have an amazing spot on the lawn and no troubles at all ..... What are you looking to do in Destin ??? What kinds of activities do you like? Honestly, we don't spend too much time in Destin this time of the year .... we prefer the beaches where we live along the Scenic 30A .... have you over been over our way other than to Gulf Place?

We did get your message about the condo .... we'll send you the contact info again in a private message ....
Thanks!

We'll probably just hang out on the Destin beaches on Friday. My wife will be exhausted from a VERY busy week at work. Nothing the Florida surf & sand can't cure, though, right?

Speaking of the wife, she should be home soon, then it's HIT THE ROAD TIME!!

Thanks again!

ABM

Old 04-19-2008, 06:59 AM

OK, hanging out in the hotel. Will be heading out soon for the fest. Hopefully, that not-so-little storm which passed thru here last night won't "dampen" the enthusiasm of the crowd..................or artists.

BTW, we ate that McGuire's Irish Pub last night.

McGuire's Irish Pub

Fabulous dinner! I had the shrimp/chicken/prosciutto pasta special and my wife had the smokey grilled salmon. Our waiter, Jon, was the best! He took plenty of time to chat with us, relate some of the cool stuff about the area in general, and basically just chill with us. We left very full and very impressed. I'd recommend that restaurant/bar to anyone! (By the way, even though I didn't have one, I've heard that their steaks are world-class. Oh, and you've gotta kiss the moose!!)

OK, enough jabbering. Off to SeaBreeze!!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
OK, hanging out in the hotel. Will be heading out soon for the fest. Hopefully, that not-so-little storm which passed thru here last night won't "dampen" the enthusiasm of the crowd..................or artists.

BTW, we ate that McGuire's Irish Pub last night.

McGuire's Irish Pub

Fabulous dinner! I had the shrimp/chicken/prosciutto pasta special and my wife had the smokey grilled salmon. Our waiter, Jon, was the best! He took plenty of time to chat with us, relate some of the cool stuff about the area in general, and basically just chill with us. We left very full and very impressed. I'd recommend that restaurant/bar to anyone! (By the way, even though I didn't have one, I've heard that their steaks are world-class. Oh, and you've gotta kiss the moose!!)

OK, enough jabbering. Off to SeaBreeze!!

Glad to hear you have arrived safe & sound. To be honest, we didn't even hear the storm last though we can tell something happened by the bushes in our front yard that are bent over. But we've needed some rain badly ... think it's supposed to clear for the rest of the day .... just looked at the radar and it looks like it has passed ..... hopefully the sun will be out by noonish .....

Good to hear you enjoyed your meal at McGuires .... we've never been there either .... we hardly ever leave our little Scenic 30a beaches .... only drive to Destin when we need basic goods for the month .....

We will probably ride our bikes over to the festival at some point later this day / early evening .... we don't have tickets .... we just circle around the event on our bikes and listen to the music ... it's perfect! If you see us pedaling around, please feel free to introduce yourself!

Have an amazing time!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
We will probably ride our bikes over to the festival at some point later this day / early evening .... we don't have tickets .... we just circle around the event on our bikes and listen to the music ... it's perfect! If you see us pedaling around, please feel free to introduce yourself!

Have an amazing time!
We had a FANTASTIC time, thanks!

My wife said she saw two people on bikes, but was afraid to go up and ask something like, "Do you post on the Florida message boards?" for fear of being embarrased had she not found you.

Nonetheless, everything went without a hitch (glad we brought plenty of sunscreen!!)........even the shuttle service, which we had beena bit nervous about, time-wise. Even the return shuttle following the last (Dave Koz) concert had us out of there within 10 or 15 minutes.

All in all, it was a great day and plenty of fun in the musically -filled Florida sun.

Thanks again!

ABM

Old 04-20-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
We had a FANTASTIC time, thanks!

My wife said she saw two people on bikes, but was afraid to go up and ask something like, "Do you post on the Florida message boards?" for fear of being embarrased had she not found you.

Nonetheless, everything went without a hitch (glad we brought plenty of sunscreen!!)........even the shuttle service, which we had beena bit nervous about, time-wise. Even the return shuttle following the last (Dave Koz) concert had us out of there within 10 or 15 minutes.

All in all, it was a great day and plenty of fun in the musically -filled Florida sun.

Thanks again!

ABM
Fabulous! So glad to hear you had a great time. We actually rode our bikes over on Thursday night for the free concert .... Friday we didn't make it but we were there for Dave Koz last night .... though we walked and then sat up at Amore Pizza with of course, pizza & beer, it's a great seat ... you can see the band pretty good from there ... anyhow ... we were thinking of you two all day .... because the weather was delicious .... looks like it will be more of the same and believe it or not, we can actually hear the concert from our house already this morning .... unfortunately we have to work ... but we work on the beach outside ... so it's not too bad ..... have a beautiful rest of your weekend and please feel free to stay in touch ....

Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Fabulous! So glad to hear you had a great time. We actually rode our bikes over on Thursday night for the free concert .... Friday we didn't make it but we were there for Dave Koz last night .... though we walked and then sat up at Amore Pizza with of course, pizza & beer, it's a great seat ... you can see the band pretty good from there ... anyhow ... we were thinking of you two all day .... because the weather was delicious .... looks like it will be more of the same and believe it or not, we can actually hear the concert from our house already this morning .... unfortunately we have to work ... but we work on the beach outside ... so it's not too bad ..... have a beautiful rest of your weekend and please feel free to stay in touch ....
We're already looking ahead to next year's festival in Panama Beach. What we'd REALLY like to do is rent a place near the venue so that we could, either, see watch from our room (ala, similar to what we saw going on at Gulf Place), or be within close proximity (close walking distance) from the festival.

Any ideas?

Old 01-31-2009, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,137 times
We've been to every one of the Seabreeze Jazz Festivals since year one, and they are FANTASTIC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida