U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-04-2019, 04:33 PM
 
1 posts, read 476 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

We cannot accept the fact that a fast food rest. wants to build at the entrance to our quiet subdivision. There are no strip malls nearby. Traffic will be nasty. Bus stop will be by a drive thru. Neighbors know neighbors. Neighbors help neighbors. We do not have sidewalks so everyone walks in the street. We have been here since 1990 and are afraid for our safety and our friends. The city of Eustis commission needs to step up and stop this. If you live in Eustis Florida help support us and say no. We are scheduling a resident meeting before the Feb 17th meeting at city hall. In the next few days residents will be going door to door for support. So PLEASE come out in force and STOP what we all believe will negatively affect our quiet subdivision.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2019, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
9,620 posts, read 6,601,212 times
Reputation: 12040
Where in Eustis are they building this?
I'm assuming this is in the 32736 (rural) area, and a result of the Wekiva Parkway?

I was opposed to the Publix Plaza over there. My uncle lives out that way, and when I'm there, I have never had any issue driving the 15 minutes to the 2 nearby Publix stores in Mount Dora.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 05:47 AM
 
2,627 posts, read 2,188,076 times
Reputation: 3521
I hope you succeed in opposing this. The whole charm of that area is that it doesn’t have those things.

One of the great things about that area is that you can go a relatively long distance in a short amount of time. I love zooming down from Altoona into Mt Dora, or from Eustis to Leesburg. Here in South Florida those distances would take longer.

Keep up the good fight.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 05:56 AM
 
21,187 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Reputation: 19614
Welcome to Central Florida, where no undeveloped land is safe from developers and where there's virtually zero control when it comes to zoning or protecting what's left of the environment. It's the same here in Seminole County, the same county which hysterically uses "The Natural Choice" to hype it's supposed green tendencies, but has been unable to say no to plowing under greenspace for new gas stations, strip malls, rental storage centers and other well-replicated businesses already in existence pretty much anywhere there's land available.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 10:33 AM
 
Location: US
17,921 posts, read 17,818,949 times
Reputation: 13930
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Welcome to Central Florida, where no undeveloped land is safe from developers and where there's virtually zero control when it comes to zoning or protecting what's left of the environment. It's the same here in Seminole County, the same county which hysterically uses "The Natural Choice" to hype it's supposed green tendencies, but has been unable to say no to plowing under greenspace for new gas stations, strip malls, rental storage centers and other well-replicated businesses already in existence pretty much anywhere there's land available.

lol to many people Central Florida still looks like wilderness.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 10:34 AM
 
Location: US
17,921 posts, read 17,818,949 times
Reputation: 13930
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdj98 View Post
We cannot accept the fact that a fast food rest. wants to build at the entrance to our quiet subdivision. There are no strip malls nearby. Traffic will be nasty. Bus stop will be by a drive thru. Neighbors know neighbors. Neighbors help neighbors. We do not have sidewalks so everyone walks in the street. We have been here since 1990 and are afraid for our safety and our friends. The city of Eustis commission needs to step up and stop this. If you live in Eustis Florida help support us and say no. We are scheduling a resident meeting before the Feb 17th meeting at city hall. In the next few days residents will be going door to door for support. So PLEASE come out in force and STOP what we all believe will negatively affect our quiet subdivision.

I would post this on Nextdoor App.



That way it reaches your neighbors who have the power to potentially stop it. Get the email addresses where people need to send their complaints to, get the meeting information and dates for those who can also show up in person to protest it. That's your best bet.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 PM
 
21,187 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Reputation: 19614
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Welcome to Central Florida, where no undeveloped land is safe from developers and where there's virtually zero control when it comes to zoning or protecting what's left of the environment. It's the same here in Seminole County, the same county which hysterically uses "The Natural Choice" to hype it's supposed green tendencies, but has been unable to say no to plowing under greenspace for new gas stations, strip malls, rental storage centers and other well-replicated businesses already in existence pretty much anywhere there's land available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
lol to many people Central Florida still looks like wilderness.
To those coming from concrete urban jungles perhaps and/or stuffing their deep developer's pockets, and I wouldn't call them "many".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 08:40 PM
 
Location: US
17,921 posts, read 17,818,949 times
Reputation: 13930
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
To those coming from concrete urban jungles perhaps and/or stuffing their deep developer's pockets, and I wouldn't call them "many".

The majority of the population lives in "urban" areas. Hence, why during the election, Hillary won the popular vote despite the national map being 90% Trump.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2019, 12:25 AM
 
21,187 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Reputation: 19614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The majority of the population lives in "urban" areas. Hence, why during the election, Hillary won the popular vote despite the national map being 90% Trump.
There's nothing urban about FL's suburban sprawl development.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2019, 09:22 AM
 
Location: US
17,921 posts, read 17,818,949 times
Reputation: 13930
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
There's nothing urban about FL's suburban sprawl development.

You can do your own research as to what percent of the population lives in "urban" areas in the US. I'll tell you it's the majority. Last time I checked, Eustis is not a concrete jungle where every bit of land is a building or parking lot.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top