U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2008, 03:33 PM

1,999 posts, read 6,626,054 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me why the crime rate in Naples/Bonita is so much lower than Sarasota/Bradenton? Are there more drugs in the Sarasota/Bradenton area--along with a more youthful population--or what?
Or is Naples/Bonita filled with more 70 and 80 y.o. people, and, therefore, less drug activity and crime?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:28 PM

1,988 posts, read 4,666,490 times
Those areas have a generally older and wealthier demographic.
Old rich people commit less crime.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:12 AM

1,461 posts, read 269,751 times
Agreed, what crimes the older people do commit are not usually physically harming. More like imbezzling or something. Blue collar crimes I believe they call them..

Old 04-09-2008, 02:07 PM

2,085 posts, read 3,893,958 times
Overall there is not much crime in Naples. If you go looking for trouble you will find it.

Tara-Embezziling is a [i]white[i] collar crime.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 PM

4,235 posts, read 8,361,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Can someone tell me why the crime rate in Naples/Bonita is so much lower than Sarasota/Bradenton? Are there more drugs in the Sarasota/Bradenton area--along with a more youthful population--or what?
Or is Naples/Bonita filled with more 70 and 80 y.o. people, and, therefore, less drug activity and crime?
Bradenton is full of people who have lost their jobs but not their drug addiction. The Naples dealers get paid better; money is not an issue. In Bradenton, the addicts always start problems by counterfitting bills during tourist season and then it turns into a three ring circus...by that time, it's too late to send in the clowns.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:42 AM

1,461 posts, read 269,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Overall there is not much crime in Naples. If you go looking for trouble you will find it.

Tara-Embezziling is a [i]white[i] collar crime.
lol thank you, I dunno why I always think blue collar

Old 04-10-2008, 12:39 PM

962 posts, read 529,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
lol thank you, I dunno why I always think blue collar
Because society deems "blue collar" as uneducated, unsavory, and therefore having lower morals, ethics or values.

However, "white collar" crime committed by those society deems as educated, affluent and superior has increased enormously because of their sociopathic greed. The scope of their crimes affects far more citizens. Check out the hundreds of thousands affected by Enron criminals and their cronies.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:05 PM

3,842 posts, read 6,872,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
Because society deems "blue collar" as uneducated, unsavory, and therefore having lower morals, ethics or values.

However, "white collar" crime committed by those society deems as educated, affluent and superior has increased enormously because of their sociopathic greed. The scope of their crimes affects far more citizens. Check out the hundreds of thousands affected by Enron criminals and their cronies.
Hijacking the thread, but b/c you are right on with the post.

Back to the OP, Naples just makes me cringe with its hysterically noveau rich who are trying so hard to seem special b/c they can charge a lot on their credit cards.

Crime is everywhere but areas where drugs are more prevalent crime will also be more prevalent. Drug addicts do anything to get a fix.

Bradenton/Sarasota has a younger demographic which unfortunately has its share of young kids who have gone down the wrong path.

They are in Naples, too, but the majority of Naples are retirees.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 AM

25,444 posts, read 7,259,164 times
I would say that Naples/Bonita Springs has less crime than Bradenton. Sarasota is probably the same in crime news than Naples/Bonita Springs

Last edited by Suncoast Guy; 04-11-2008 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Forget the word "crime" in between "less" & "than"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida