Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 02:39 PM

30,150 posts, read 20,868,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Hey, way to call me out on a thread I haven't been participating in on a topic I haven't been participating on. But, I'm glad to know you've got my name on your brain. It's good to be thought of.

And, no offense, but I've never personally attacked you, just your ideas. But, hey, let's talk about your "realistic solutions that are feasible," you know like placing an elevated roadway over US41 in Sarasota and Bradenton (wonder where the support pillars would go).
He thinks everyone attacks him if they disagree lee. I just use ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 05:40 PM

25,176 posts, read 12,331,449 times
Agreed LKJ, people who don't want to propose solutions, but want to attack everyone else's are a drag on society imho. At least DJ was honest enough to admit it. I wish other here would just come clean like he/she did.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:47 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,114,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Agreed LKJ, people who don't want to propose solutions, but want to attack everyone else's are a drag on society imho. At least DJ was honest enough to admit it. I wish other here would just come clean like he/she did.
Dude, I didn't propose solutions to your other topic because, as I said, I don't believe there are many realistic solutions at this point in time.

I did poke some holes in some of your "solutions" because, frankly, there were holes to be poked in them. Also, as you said, you were "brainstorming." By definition, brainstorming is throwing out any idea without worrying about the merits of said idea. That stage comes after brainstorming. So, if you were indeed "brainstorming" those ideas, it really shouldn't upset you when people begin to debate their merits.

Again, I appreciate being on your brain 24/7. It's nice to be thought of.

Also, must have missed your solutions on the current topic throughout the thread. Not sure Ohio-bashing counts.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:04 PM

25,176 posts, read 12,331,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Dude, I didn't propose solutions to your other topic because, as I said, I don't believe there are many realistic solutions at this point in time.

I did poke some holes in some of your "solutions" because, frankly, there were holes to be poked in them. Also, as you said, you were "brainstorming." By definition, brainstorming is throwing out any idea without worrying about the merits of said idea. That stage comes after brainstorming. So, if you were indeed "brainstorming" those ideas, it really shouldn't upset you when people begin to debate their merits.

Again, I appreciate being on your brain 24/7. It's nice to be thought of.

Also, must have missed your solutions on the current topic throughout the thread. Not sure Ohio-bashing counts.
I am not proposing real solutions because I reject the premise. Florida coastal property valuation continues to go up, up, and away. When they start to moderate, or decline, then I'll play the game. Until then, it Enviro-fantasy.

A friend of mine just sold his Miami South Beach condo for almost 2x what he paid for it, and moved to Key West, and he's the biggest Lib I know.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:39 PM

18,208 posts, read 8,034,294 times
Quote:
, and moved to Key West, and he's the biggest Lib I know.
..does he realize Key West will be underwater in about 2400 years?

Old 03-11-2019, 09:17 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,119,459 times
Quote:
I am not proposing real solutions because I reject the premise. Florida coastal property valuation continues to go up, up, and away. When they start to moderate, or decline, then I'll play the game. Until then, it Enviro-fantasy.

A friend of mine just sold his Miami South Beach condo for almost 2x what he paid for it, and moved to Key West, and he's the biggest Lib I know.
Whether real estate goes up locally does not mean science is wrong. If beach real estate could go up 2x and somewhere else goes up 3x what does that tell you about science?

A better indicator of whether there is an affect is to look at all the insurane rates. What is the total cost of the same coverage? What is the cost of flood insurance? If you can find coastal insurance rates are going down for the same value/coverage/deductible, that as an indicator of a lowing risk. And vice versa if you see rates rising or deductibles increasing then that is an indicator that risk is increasing.

A rising sea level is a looong term risk. What concerns me more is the more volatile weather with more severe and more frequent events like hurricanes, tornados and floods. Climate change isn't all about sea level rise, that is the slow affect that may take my house after i am dead. Hurricanes could do that this summer.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:37 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,862,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
A rising sea level is a looong term risk. What concerns me more is the more volatile weather with more severe and more frequent events like hurricanes, tornados and floods. Climate change isn't all about sea level rise, that is the slow affect that may take my house after i am dead. Hurricanes could do that this summer.
I could have a heart attack and I would be dead
I could be in an auto wreck and be dead
I could get mugged and be dead
I could get terminal cancer and be dead
None of this matters as if we believe AOC, in 12 years we will all be dead anyway!

Old 03-14-2019, 02:28 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,691,429 times
Having deleted a dozen posts and issued several infractions, I am giving this thread one last chance. I hope you learned something from it.
Yac.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:37 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,118,293 times
You've been extremely indulgent to allow it this long. We would all be well-served it you'd go ahead and lock it and not allow these sorts of posts in the Florida forum. The thread had no purpose other than as bait.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:44 PM

7,885 posts, read 11,320,459 times
Several decades ago scientific research said coffee is bad for health stop drinking it. A few years ago another study showed that coffee is good for you drink all you want. A recent study shows drinking more than 2 cups just bad fit you.

I hope the scientist agreeing AGW is real arent the same ones who did coffee studies.

Conclusion scientist can be wrong not just in how much is bad but whether it is good or bad.

Renewables are not really. Put up windmills and the flow of wind is slowed as blades turn. Cover up an area with solar cells and see what happens when that part of land is now in shade not sun for a change.

Scientists don't know what they don't know. So conclusions are too often wrong at any point in time.

The amount if carbon spewed into the atmosphere by volcanic eruptions at their peak far exceeds mand impa ts be an order of magnitude. The earth recovered but won't now? Really?

Call me when coastal property prices decline faster than in say Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida