Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 06:00 PM

14 posts, read 24,542 times

Advertisements

ANy suggestions for some good eating places between Homestead and Key West? Steak, seafood just good food.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 PM

132 posts, read 368,965 times
There's a charming looking restaurant called " Little Italy " in Layton, ( Long Key about MM 68.5 ). It's on the gulf side. I confess I haven't been their yet, and reviews I've seen are oddly either good or scathing, but I'm still curious.

Also, a place called "Babalou's" in Big Coppitt Key, gulf side ( MM 10 ). It's run by a small family who are gone part of the year, so best call ahead to make sure it's open - ( 305-296-1664 ). The classic Southern home cooking is very reasonably priced, well prepared, and the portions large. The service was also very personable. We were waited on by the owner's adult son I believe. It looks ramshackle, but it's a very good place.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,818,261 times
I love the Blue Haven. It's a cool, little funky place to go for lunch and if you sit out on the porch roosters will be out running around. Their locally caught fish sandwich is great as well as their shimp plates. They have a kick butt key lime pie!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:04 PM

2,143 posts, read 7,999,137 times
Denny's in Key Largo. Seriously. For breakfast, go to Denny's. It's not the chain. It's a little Cuban place on the north side of US 1 and it is great.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,038,333 times
I too will be RVing the Keys soon, and was hoping there is a good Seafood BUFFET Restaurant which I could try (?) . If so, please tell me the name and which town on the Keys ? Id prefer a personal recommendation from someone whos ate there. Thanking you !

Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 AM

14 posts, read 24,542 times
Default places to eat

When I was in Tavernier last year I got a business card from the lady who owns Plantation Key Nursery.Since she is s local I thought I would give her call on some dining suggestions. She told me they did not go out often to eat but these are some of their favorites. If I remember correctly I believe all of these places are on the water.
Whalers I think that's the name is a seafood buffet. Don't go there! We have eaten there twice it is expensive and not allot of choices.

Snappers in Key Largo seafood and just good food
Lazy Day mile marker 79.9 all around good food
Marker 88 good all around food
Pierres mile marker 81 good but expensive

hope this helps

Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 AM

403 posts, read 1,575,797 times
In Key West, there is Mathessens's, which is a very good restaurant, very small, and has a unique design on the inside. They have things from hot dogs to hamburgers to milk shakes to massive chocolate chip cookies, huge bowls of ice cream. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Key West.

Also, el Siboney is a good place too. They have cuban food, like, steak, rice, beans, soup, bread, and all kinds of other stuff.

Abondonza is an italian place, they have spaghetti, bread, etc.

China Garden, by Sears is a good place, they have affording pricings.

Grim's Grill is a sports bar.

Big Johns is a pizza place with salads, pizzas, sodas, etc.

Goldman's Deli is a bagel shop, the people who own that place are from New York City.

El Meson De Pepe is also another cuban place, they have excellent food and have dancing and music as well.

If you prefer the chain places, we have TGI Friday, McDonalds, two Burger Kings (we used to have three), KFC, Wendy's, Outback, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Subway, Quizno's and a few others.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:05 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,038,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
In Key West, there is Mathessens's, which is a very good restaurant, very small, and has a unique design on the inside. They have things from hot dogs to hamburgers to milk shakes to massive chocolate chip cookies, huge bowls of ice cream. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Key West.

Also, el Siboney is a good place too. They have cuban food, like, steak, rice, beans, soup, bread, and all kinds of other stuff.

Abondonza is an italian place, they have spaghetti, bread, etc.

China Garden, by Sears is a good place, they have affording pricings.

Grim's Grill is a sports bar.

Big Johns is a pizza place with salads, pizzas, sodas, etc.

Goldman's Deli is a bagel shop, the people who own that place are from New York City.

El Meson De Pepe is also another cuban place, they have excellent food and have dancing and music as well.

If you prefer the chain places, we have TGI Friday, McDonalds, two Burger Kings (we used to have three), KFC, Wendy's, Outback, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Subway, Quizno's and a few others.
How about a good Seafood BUFFET restaurant on the Keys please ? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida