U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 PM

27 posts, read 223,657 times

Advertisements

contemplating a move to brooksville, but i need more than a golf course to be happy. anyone know about brooksville and the surrounding area ? appreciate any info..thnx !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,427 times
Default Someone please respond....

I was hoping someone would respond to this question as I am just as curious as you are!
I am new to this area, I like what I see so far, but am still unfamiliar with what to do for recreation and entertainment.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:20 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,162,385 times
Default A little of this or that

Well, Brooksville is a fairly old historic town, there are good areas and bad areas within the city limits. It is home to the world-reknown Rogers Christmas House that always attracts tourist, and then there is a Heritage Musuem that will be giving Ghost tours on weekends I believe.

If you like fishing there are several areas for fishing, Jenkins Creek and Bayport off of 50 are good places to fish. There are hiking trails around, then theres Weeki Wachee state park on 19, there are two movie houses one cheap off of 19 (Pizza Hut) and a multi-plex on 50. We have a small beach at Pine Island......not the greatest but to cool off you might enjoy, people usually enjoy the sunsets off the beach. Numerous shopping, new shopping center Nature Commons, has shops. Lots of restaurants in the area.

As far as golfing Seven Hills course will be reopening in Nov. the Spring Hill course is still closed and will not reopen per what the owner said in the local paper. Hernando Oaks has a course, Oak Hill off of Northcliffe is still operating

What else are you looking for? Maybe someone else can add to my list. Welcome to the Nature Coast.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:23 PM

20 posts, read 50,341 times
Hi! Last January I went to Brooksville for one week. There is a large, annual dog show at Florida Classic Park; off of State Rd. 50 and another highway ( I'm not sure exactly ), but the Park is wonderful and rural, high and dry, and perhaps 5-10 miles away from downtown Brooksville. An entrance to the Withlacoochee State Trail ( rails to trails ) is right near where we were staying, as well! It extends for 40 miles, beginning in Pasco County ( I believe )...south?, all the way to Sumter County. The part that we were on was of course in Hernando County; we took a walk south to the Pasco County line and then turned back. From where we began it might have been 1-2 miles. But it is a beautiful trail...for biking, hiking, and horseback riding!

The actual town of Brooksville seemed very charming, although we just passed through after dark. Along with the dog show event, we also went to Roger's Christmas house; it was quite interesting. You travel through 5 different houses, quaint and Victorian, with many displays of quality merchandise. ( More than just a Christmas theme ). You pick up a basket in each house for anything you may wish to purchase. I would recommend you visit there. Another day we also traveled to Hudson Beach. Overall I loved the rural quality of the area. And in January, driving along the scenic highway, it reminded me of a fall day...very different from Key West where I currently reside. Florida has so much diversity, and I really enjoyed my short visit along the Nature Coast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida