Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 02:43 PM

48 posts, read 137,834 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My fiancé and I are planning on honeymooning in Daytona Beach with stops in Orlando for Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. So far on Expedia, we have found a great deal on the "Inn on the Beach" for $55 a night, but it comes with 2 double beds and an oceanview room. Can anyone give me any recommendations for a more "romantic" accomodation and not too expensive, possibly a suite that is on the cheaper side? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 02:45 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,068 times
I would goto the west coast of florida like St pete beach or treasure island. Daytona Beach sucks and will leave a sour taste in your mouth about florida.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:19 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,908,001 times
Don't go to Daytona for a honeymoon unless you are willing to spend some money. Daytona is a trashy, redneck, honkytonk party town, and I can say that, I've lived here my whole life. It's a fine town if you wanna party, but DO NOT honeymoon here. Go a little further north, St Augustine, Ponte Vedra, even Jacksonville. Unless you are willing to spend some money on the Hilton or the Shores Resort, stay away from Daytona.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:23 PM

St Augustine is an excellent choice glad the other poster mentioned that city.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:00 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,096,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turpin.josh View Post
Hello everyone. My fiancé and I are planning on honeymooning in Daytona Beach with stops in Orlando for Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. So far on Expedia, we have found a great deal on the "Inn on the Beach" for $55 a night, but it comes with 2 double beds and an oceanview room. Can anyone give me any recommendations for a more "romantic" accomodation and not too expensive, possibly a suite that is on the cheaper side? Thanks

I'd be careful about getting too cheap of a hotel. The rates have gone up over the past years because condo's are buying up the hotels so the ones that are left are charging higher prices. I've been to Daytona many times (I can't even count how many) and i'd be afraid of what $55 oceanview would give you. I'm talking nasty rooms probably for that rate. I'm actually going to Daytona next weekend and the Holiday Inn is where i have stayed the last few times i've gone plus they have a free full breakfast buffet for free but the rates are $117 a night.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:56 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,336 times
My advise is not go to to Daytona, it is run down and I also think you can do much better.

If I had to do it al over again I would go to Ana Maria Island, Siesta Key or one those beautiful beaches on the gulf side.

Then you can hit Disney, Sea World etc within an hour or two drive.
Daytona is not a romantic city.

Romantic cities that are close to the areas you want to go to will be on the gulf side.

Ft Lauderdale is cool but is too far from Disney etc.

Look at Siesta Keys, Ana Maria or Clearwater areas.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:16 PM

48 posts, read 137,834 times
How about New Smyrna Beach or Cocoa Beach? Are they better than Daytona?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:58 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,908,001 times
new smyrna is a nice, sleepy beach town but on the beach it's mostly condos and houses, i'm not sure they have much in hotels. and i dont know anything about cocoa.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpin.josh View Post
How about New Smyrna Beach or Cocoa Beach? Are they better than Daytona?

Yes they are much better then Daytona but if it`s a honeymoon why not go somewhere memorable like south beach, Ft lauderdale, key west, destin, long boat key.

It`s your honeymoon make it great you only do it once.

Here is a nice little B&B in south miami beach.......http://sobeyou.us/

Old 04-16-2008, 09:55 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Don't go to Daytona for a honeymoon unless you are willing to spend some money. Daytona is a trashy, redneck, honkytonk party town, and I can say that, I've lived here my whole life. It's a fine town if you wanna party, but DO NOT honeymoon here. Go a little further north, St Augustine, Ponte Vedra, even Jacksonville. Unless you are willing to spend some money on the Hilton or the Shores Resort, stay away from Daytona.
Ditto! I'm from Ormond, which is nicer, but FSUMike's correct about Daytona. St. Augustine's wonderful. Great restaurants, beaches, nightlife. May be more expensive, but it's your honeymoon! They even have horse-drawn carriage rides along Avenida Menedez. How romantic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida