U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 PM

12 posts, read 26,985 times

Advertisements

hi..

my husband and I are thinking of relocating to palm coast and our major obstacle right now is finding a job.. we haven't had much success with the internet job search engine (monster.com, careerbuilder.com, etc.) and we were wondering if anyone had any advice on any local employment agencies or any other source that we might not know about. my husband holds an upper management position in a hospital if that helps at all.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 11:56 AM

4,723 posts, read 12,396,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana602 View Post
hi..

my husband and I are thinking of relocating to palm coast and our major obstacle right now is finding a job.. we haven't had much success with the internet job search engine (monster.com, careerbuilder.com, etc.) and we were wondering if anyone had any advice on any local employment agencies or any other source that we might not know about. my husband holds an upper management position in a hospital if that helps at all.

Thanks!!!
Then what you do is google the addresses of the hospitals where you're interested in locating and send his resume/CV to the appropriate department. Why bother with monster/careerbuilder...those are basically just from newspapers. You could contact headhunters also.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:13 PM

147 posts, read 501,958 times
Flagler County has the highest unemployment rate in the state, over 7%. There is very little work and wages/salaries are very low. PC is or was a nice place to retire, not to seek employment.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:29 PM

58 posts, read 191,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaglerwrangler View Post
Flagler County has the highest unemployment rate in the state, over 7%. There is very little work and wages/salaries are very low. PC is or was a nice place to retire, not to seek employment.
True about the highest unemployment rate thanks to the building/housing crunch. Residential construction has definitely come to a halt but if you live in this county you can see the commercial construction is continuing on, at least so far.

Wages/salaries reflect the usual for Florida and depends on what your skills are. Now with so many realtors and mortgage brokers out of jobs they are even taking entry level positions which certainly poses a problem for our teens.

Still a nice place to retire or raise kids here. There's plenty of room for all. If you need a job get that first before moving here.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,078 times
Default It's hard but, not impossible

My husband and I both stuggled to find employment here in Palm Coast so we understand how hard it is. Not all bad new though, there are jobs here, hospitals are always in need for nurses, doctors ect... We have a number of large hospitals within a 35 mile drive too.

My husband had 15 years of computer experience when we moved here from Maryland and could not find a job in Palm Coast or anywhere close enough to drive too. He was eventually offered a job in Orlando and we had a hard descision to make, leave Palm Coast (commuting was not an option) move to Orlando where crime is higher, rents are higher, traffic is a nightmare but, wages are higher, was it going to be worth it? NO! We decided to stay here and we BOTH started new careers! My husband is now in management in Lowe's and I am also in Mangement in Storage.
I say come with enough money to hold you over, things are looking up a little from what I hear from the Real Estate agents, so I think you should come to Palm Coast it is a great place to raise a family I think you will LOVE IT!!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM

93 posts, read 338,544 times
Smile Palm Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjamgal View Post
My husband and I both stuggled to find employment here in Palm Coast so we understand how hard it is. Not all bad new though, there are jobs here, hospitals are always in need for nurses, doctors ect... We have a number of large hospitals within a 35 mile drive too.

My husband had 15 years of computer experience when we moved here from Maryland and could not find a job in Palm Coast or anywhere close enough to drive too. He was eventually offered a job in Orlando and we had a hard descision to make, leave Palm Coast (commuting was not an option) move to Orlando where crime is higher, rents are higher, traffic is a nightmare but, wages are higher, was it going to be worth it? NO! We decided to stay here and we BOTH started new careers! My husband is now in management in Lowe's and I am also in Mangement in Storage.
I say come with enough money to hold you over, things are looking up a little from what I hear from the Real Estate agents, so I think you should come to Palm Coast it is a great place to raise a family I think you will LOVE IT!!
Glad everything worked out for you airjamgal. I too started a new occupation and obviously has worked for us also. It really is a nice place and oh so much better than a big city. Yes, a great place to raise children.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:37 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,668,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana602 View Post
hi..

Thanks!!!
There's only one hospital in Flagler County. It's owned by Memorial Health Care Systems. Halifax is in Daytona. Palm Coast is about an hour commute to Jacksonville, where there are many major health care facilities. You need to find the websites for those specific hospitals, not use some generic search engine. Good Luck!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,037 times
I have lived here for 7 years and im not going to lie to you right now it is hard to find a job. however there are a few faithful fallbacks. palm coast data, (in house not homeworkers, they have a 5 year waiting list) and walmart. also there is always a need for people in the medical field. or wlamart. good luck and remember to look in the flagler county pennysaver as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida