Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 PM

628 posts, read 1,833,835 times

Advertisements

We all have a little fun here - we give by sharing our experiences good and bad for the benefit of others and in return we can learn from the experience of others but there are some [posters] that are truly obnoxious, I think purely for the fun of it or revenge of some sort and that I find provoking

Some sit on this board and deliberately post inflammatory remarks post after post after post as if the readers here were intellectually challenged and didn’t get it the first time. That’s provoking!

Or when people intentionally misuse this forum for their own personal entertainment That’s provoking!

Lack of respect for others on this forum is one thing but when a poster who immigrates from another country to Florida who opened its arm to welcome them and now all they do is trash Florida, I’m sorry that’s provoking.

They all have the right to free speech and other freedoms that we all enjoy in this country and these freedoms shouldn’t be forgotten or misused and when they are That’s Provoking!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 12:10 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
I definitely agree with you. If they can't stand it in Fla., I don't understand why they wouldn't make an effort to go back to their country so they could be happy.

There is always something about the place we live that we don't like, but there are times that it seems a few here can't find a good thing to say about their state. I totally understand when someone says the houses are overpriced and the insurance is out of this world. It's also understandable when someone can't stand the congestion or the traffic in their area. Low paying jobs or lack of employment opportunities is also something that deserves to be heard. Yet it seems so rude when entire threads are hijacked with so many complaints that the questions from the original poster go unanswered.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
great post shores9
"Lack of respect for others on this forum is one thing but when a poster who immigrates from another country to Florida who opened its arm to welcome them and now all they do is trash Florida, I’m sorry that’s provoking."

this is so true,I hope this hits home to them !!

jammie- I agree it is not productive at all

wishing you both a wonderful holiday season !!!
Karla

Old 12-22-2006, 06:06 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
When people say illegal immigrants have the same rights as legal citizens...that's provoking!

Old 12-22-2006, 07:13 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,159,933 times
Shores9,

You are correct, many negative postings that only saturated the forum and due to the frequency create more confusion for the ones evaluating on their future moves.

Is great to post both side of the issue (that is what we are here for), but keep it decent. We don't need to look like Trump and Rosie and at times that’s what we look like... Most of the time what happens is our audience get turn off and the repeated negative poster just losses character and we skip over their posting.

The main purpose of this forum is for Floridians to provide feedback (positive/negative) to anyone. At times WE learn from each one of your post, but this is not a war zone.

I do post in 4 forums including this one and I have experienced the all the extreme, this one is very informative and honest and still has rules.

Lastly is you feel so strong about an issue be part of the solution, just don't say I'm moving and *******ize the forum (many members). Take proactive actions, visit your local government, create a town or county committee and present your issues. Do informational campaigns in your local TV stations (News casters love this), contact your local newspaper and get the issues to the city or county members. Negative situations can become positive results if we fight the fight in the proper forum. Become a leader and be grateful for what you have today, many have less than you.

V/R

Sunrico90

Old 12-22-2006, 07:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Thanks for starting this thread.

I stumbled across the forum about a week ago, asked for information about N. Ft. Myers, specifically Pine Lakes community, and only got one reply, and that one was a private response. But I kept reading and was wondering if I'd been a total idiot to have bought a home there this past spring (moving to it permanently this coming fall). Luckily, there has been some helpful info, so I've kept reading despite the naysayers.

Happy Holidays, all!

Pattie

Old 12-22-2006, 07:47 AM

99 posts, read 553,680 times
My opinion: The poster's feedbacks, whether positive or negative, obnoxious or pleasant are also reflections of the person him/herself and his/her attitude toward life in general. In a way this is also part of the demographics we, potential out-of-state implants may see in the near future. They could be your future next door neighbor. Of course, in no way it represents the great majority of the posters here, but opinions may vary and may very well discourage some and yet validate other people's fears. But I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I don't find the information shared here particularly intimidating. This is a bulletin board open to all people. We're all interacting in a virtual world, hiding behind IPs, firewalls and pseudo identities. What's really important is how one acts in real life and how one makes a difference in the communities we'll live in.

So, as long as we don't take the provoking personally, try to extract the info you need, and most importantly, live your life in the real world.

My US$ 0.02

Old 12-22-2006, 11:10 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Shores9,

You are correct, many negative postings that only saturated the forum and due to the frequency create more confusion for the ones evaluating on their future moves.

Is great to post both side of the issue (that is what we are here for), but keep it decent. We don't need to look like Trump and Rosie and at times that’s what we look like... Most of the time what happens is our audience get turn off and the repeated negative poster just losses character and we skip over their posting.

The main purpose of this forum is for Floridians to provide feedback (positive/negative) to anyone. At times WE learn from each one of your post, but this is not a war zone.

I do post in 4 forums including this one and I have experienced the all the extreme, this one is very informative and honest and still has rules.

Lastly is you feel so strong about an issue be part of the solution, just don't say I'm moving and *******ize the forum (many members). Take proactive actions, visit your local government, create a town or county committee and present your issues. Do informational campaigns in your local TV stations (News casters love this), contact your local newspaper and get the issues to the city or county members. Negative situations can become positive results if we fight the fight in the proper forum. Become a leader and be grateful for what you have today, many have less than you.

V/R

Sunrico90

You're absolutely right. Trust me I complain too. Any and all spending money that I would have used to indulge in a little traveling is now going to homeowner's insurance. It takes away from life's little pleasures for which you bust your behind all year long. BUT, the couple of posters who are constantly trashing and bashing Florida are totally overlooked and skipped over by me. I do not care to read one single thing they have to say. It's the same over and over and over and they really seem like they're here all the time not producing anything and just feeding their own inner negativism.
Such waste.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 PM

628 posts, read 1,833,835 times
Great thing here is I wasn’t expecting anything on this post but to express my opinion. Fact is there were several pearls written by various posters that I have found helpful

Thanks

Old 12-22-2006, 12:47 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
shores

Great minds .............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida