U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:21 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,347,707 times

Advertisements

Jeb Bush, who will soon vacate the governor’s mansion in Tallahassee, is moving to The City Beautiful. Bush and wife Columba are renting a ninth-floor condo in Segovia Tower in Coral Gables.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/16117772.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_news (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 04:28 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,581,858 times
Hey...I thought Orlando was the City Beautiful...it's on all the signs .....Welcome to Orlando "The City Beautiful".

Old 12-22-2006, 05:40 PM

1,406 posts, read 4,673,284 times
I thought Jeb owned a home in Miami. No?

Old 12-22-2006, 05:49 PM

22,554 posts, read 47,349,405 times
Orlando's slogan is definitely "The City Beautiful" but, according to Wikipedia, "The city's nickname is "The City Beautiful", though plans are underway to change this title through a local contest." I guess Coral Gables decided it was up for grabs and ripped it off?

Old 12-22-2006, 06:58 PM

2,209 posts, read 6,914,219 times
Renting eh? Hmmmmmmmmm

Old 12-23-2006, 05:36 AM

944 posts, read 3,536,740 times
Even the Gubner knows renting is "in."

Old 12-23-2006, 08:14 AM

312 posts, read 1,741,043 times
Wow, Jeb Bush is done working as a Governor - I'm behind news already, especially after moving to NC earlier this summer. So tell me, what's going to happen to him? Is he unemployed? No home? I'm assuming Crist is now a Governor, right?

Old 12-23-2006, 08:17 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,347,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeprincess View Post
Wow, Jeb Bush is done working as a Governor - I'm behind news already, especially after moving to NC earlier this summer. So tell me, what's going to happen to him? Is he unemployed? No home? I'm assuming Crist is now a Governor, right?
Crist is the new Governor. And he has alot to do. I thought Jeb owned a home in Miami but I guess not.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:41 AM

5,702 posts, read 22,260,638 times
Thumbs up Bush laments loss of bath towel service

Hot water and towel the greatest loss for Jeb...

Originally published December 22, 2006
Bush laments loss of bath towel service
Story Chat Post Comment
By Bill Cotterell

TALLAHASSEE -- Before spending his last night in the Governor's Mansion, Gov. Jeb Bush confided Thursday what he really likes about the place -- including unlimited fresh towels.

After a ceremony opening a new library at the mansion and accepting his official portrait, which will hang on the Capitol's first floor, the governor ran into probably his final gaggle with Capitol reporters as he returned to work. Among other things, he was asked what he will miss most when Gov.-elect Charlie Crist moves in.

"What am I going to miss about the mansion? It's beauty, its tradition, the food," said Bush. "The hot water -- the water pressure in the hot water is unbelievable. I told Charlie to be careful; I don't know how it is in St. Pete but in Miami, the water doesn't come on that fast and doesn't come on immediately hot."

One other domestic touch, Bush said, is "fresh towels, all you want," like staying in a hotel.

"I don't know how it is in your life but it's -- most of the time, you know, most people take showers and you use towels six or seven times," he said, "but here, although I've been trained to do otherwise, any time I want, I can have a new towel."

Old 12-23-2006, 08:00 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,260,638 times
Lightbulb Bush says goodbye to office

TALLAHASSEE With the family cat in tow, Gov. Jeb Bush headed Friday for the next chapter of his life, leaving his Capitol office for a holiday trip to South Florida with no plans to return to the office.

Gov.-elect Charlie Crist takes over Jan. 2. Bush won't return to Tallahassee until that day, when he will attend Crist's inauguration.

At the airport, Bush was joined by his wife Columba, who carried the family cat, Sugar, onto a state plane.

Bush said he's not sure exactly what is next. "We're in the preface of the new book in my life and I just don't know yet," Bush said before boarding the aircraft.

"I'm going to take some time off, hopefully do a little fishing, golfing, resting, reading, exercising. And I've got to make a living, so I'll figure it out probably in January."

Bush, who has been governor since 1999, has already started adjusting to life as a private citizen, saying a couple weeks ago he was getting used to putting money in the parking meters near his new home in Coral Gables, as well a scouting out a coffee shop.

He's also trying to make the transition to not being in charge. Bush said he was buying furniture for his new home when he caught himself trying to suggest a better way the furniture store could do things.

Bush said he will miss the beauty and tradition of the Governor's Mansion in Tallahassee -- and joked this week that he would also miss the ease of living there.

"Most of the time, most people, you know, you take showers and you use towels like six or seven times before you put the next one out," Bush said. "Here, although I've been trained to do otherwise, it's any time I want, I can have a new towel."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or