U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEGator View Post
It is a redneck trailer trash town. There are no well paying jobs unless you are part of the good old boy group that scams the state and taxpayers out of money. The people there are scum and uneducated and racist.

You would do better if you lived in Middleburg.

I do not agree that Starke is a "redneck trailer trash town". It is a small and growing community with lots of families residing there. It is certainly a small southern town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,992 times
I want to be in a place about an hour from Jacksonville Airport and the St. Augustine Beach area, and this would seem ideal. Is there land for sale there?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniongal View Post
I do not agree that Starke is a "redneck trailer trash town". It is a small and growing community with lots of families residing there. It is certainly a small southern town.
It is a racist redneck town. I have met a few people that grew up there and they are inbred and dumb as they come.

Tensions Boil Over; All Bradford County Schools Closed - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville (http://www.news4jax.com/news/14606604/detail.html - broken link)

There are no jobs out there since all the outsiders that come in an want to invest in the town are run off by the ignorance and corruption of the locals. The Good Old Boy group in Starke wants their cut and hold on to complete control of things.

And another warning, DO NOT hire any contractors or builders from Starke unless you want to get scammed.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merbs View Post
I want to be in a place about an hour from Jacksonville Airport and the St. Augustine Beach area, and this would seem ideal. Is there land for sale there?
Starke is not an hour from either. It is more than an hour.

You might want to look in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville if you want to be around an hour to both places.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,588 times
I was raised in Starke and I think that it's a great place to live. Starke is basically a tiny city but it's a safe place to live and raise children. However, there are no means of public transportation and hardly any well paying jobs. There are alot of prisons in the surrounding areas as well as Florida State Prison in Starke. Starke is not exempt from big crimes but it is seldom that they happen. Starke kind of reminds me of Sparta, MS. from "In the Heat of the Night". There is still racism between blk./wht. people. but thats everywhere, you just can't rid it all. Your just more aware of it living in Starke. There's nothing really to do there so much as extracurricular activities soo one must have a car. Starke is surrounded by many larger cities such as Gainesville, Lake City, Jacksonville, and Orange Park. You can always visit those places and drive right back home.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:51 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,529,244 times
Starke, fl is a wonderful little town...wonderful....

Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,360 times
starke is a gloomy place to live!! everyone has trailers and its city is divided by the white side and the black side!! all my family grew up there and is still there to this day!! im so glad my mother moved to fort lauderdale!! dam ignorant racist ppl!! not a place to live!! i guess if thats what your used to then you dont know any better!!! but i could not see myself living there!! its like an old crazy hunted town full of crazy ***MOD CUT***!! no thanks!!! sorry to all my auntie uncle and cousins but u stay there and im going to be here in a real city!! can you say frredom!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 AM

2,602 posts, read 7,187,290 times
It's better than Perry, I guess.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM

3 posts, read 6,543 times
Does anyone have current information on the town of Starke, FL. Any information on the hospital? Any issues related to the cost of living? Stores, Entertainment?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:09 PM

17 posts, read 39,233 times
Default Where in Fla?

Hey All...
O.K...looking hard at Gainsville, here's the citeria: I'll be retired, but I'm into cycling, kayaking,horses, etc, not a couch potatoe, so any suggestions? I've found that any of the "coasts" are prohibitive ddue to house insurance costs, and from what my ins. co said I have to be aware of sinkhole areas...so thought maybe Gainsville would be a good bet?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or