U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:28 AM

34 posts, read 114,459 times

Advertisements

Lots of family friendly neighborhoods west of 75 also check out the Millhopper area and Suburban Heights and others along 23rd ave NW Most everything that is right next to the College is going to be rentals mostly to the students. If you dont mind a little extra noise and them coming and going at all hours those areas are fine.

Job market tough right now. Lot of businesses struggling and many even have closed their doors recently. Unless you have higher education or a trade you will be competing with a never ending pool of college students and as a result most employers pay very low here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 AM

10 posts, read 53,691 times
Default Gainesville rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchypants View Post
Paprika, are you looking for a home or an apartment?
Sorry Scratchypants, been out of the loop. Looking for either a home or an apartment, for rent!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:07 AM

86 posts, read 365,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith518 View Post
I'm going to be starting grad school at UF in the summer and I'm looking to find out what the best apartments and condo/house rentals are (studio or 1BD) and the best areas to live in are.

I'm looking for someplace that's safe, quiet and preferably on the UF shuttle route or Gainesville city bus route at the least. Thanks you for input in advance!
I've been a student here for four years. It's hard to find a one bedroom that's cheap, close to campus, and safe. Most students have at least one roommate.

I would suggest looking at Google Maps and do a "Search Nearby" in Gainesville for the word "apartments". This will show nearly all the apartments in town and you can click on each orange dot to see reviews from ApartmentRatings.com and other sites.

Personally, I would stay on the south or west sides of campus. North and east have some places, but the areas get progressively worse as you get farther from the school. Two places I think are great are Mount Vernon and Williamsburg Apartments. Both are close to campus on the south side (you could ride a bike to class), reasonably priced, and are clean, safe complexes.

As far as renting from a private owner's house, talk to Apartment Hunters in town. I heard they don't charge you, they charge the people who list with them (not sure).

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or