U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 07:59 AM

861 posts, read 185,623 times

Advertisements

I am interested in taking a trip all around the coast of Florida. I am not interested in people's thoughts on politics or the environment. I would appreciate it if we could focus on places to see and stop at all along the coast.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 08:01 AM

206 posts, read 136,177 times
California is cool. Check it out .....

Old 05-04-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
California is cool. Check it out .....
Dude. I said Florida.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:44 PM

12,229 posts, read 14,160,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I am interested in taking a trip all around the coast of Florida. I am not interested in people's thoughts on politics or the environment. I would appreciate it if we could focus on places to see and stop at all along the coast.
Dade, Broward and Palm Beach are still shut down. That's about 100 miles of the best parts of the state. The FL Keys are another highlight and that has been closed but not sure if it reopened.

Orlando- all of those attractions are closed so likely anything on the space coast is closed also.

I wouldn't do it right now, you will be disappointed.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:13 PM

206 posts, read 136,177 times
Quote:
Dude. I said Florida.
Florida is chock full and over-populated. My advice is begin your new life in CALIFORNIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA8ZIURhigs

Last edited by LA33301; 05-04-2020 at 01:23 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 03:37 PM

10,019 posts, read 2,792,378 times
Quote:
There are so many great places, I thought I'd mention the only area I'd skip.

EAST COAST...I prefer:

Driving to Key West - Sunsets & water clarity are amazing

South Beach in Miami-Art Deco area, walk into the lobby's, some have rooftop bars/pools. Joe's Stone crabs restaurant.

Hollywood Beach Boardwalk

Ft. Lauderdale nightlife along the intracoastal bar hopping via water taxi

Delray Beach and the nightlife along Atlantic Ave. Check out the historic Colony Hotel front porch bar...small jazz ensemble. Doc's All American ice cream since 1951 for cheap eats & sweet pleasures.

Palm Beach- the mansions and Breakers Hotel. High-end shopping along Worth Avenue.

Jupiter Inlet - the restaurants that look out to the lighthouse across the inlet, snorkeling at DuBois Park.

Vero Beach - the barrier island from South Beach up to the Sebastian Inlet. Eat at Ocean Grill, Costa D'este owned by Gloria Estefan..cool bar. Bobby's not on water but the back porch at night A+. See South Beach, Humiston Park Beach, & Jaycee Park where there's a great old time concession stand beachside. If you want to see what Florida's beaches looked like pre-human, stop at Golden Beach across from The Windsor where Great Britain's Royalty stay. Orchid Island is where the top .01% Winter.

Cocoa Beach - tourist trap Ron Jon's Surf Shack. Good surf fishing here.

Cape Canaveral - tour space center & see National Seashore. Time it during a launch.

Daytona Beach - you can drive on the beach there

Flagler Beach - has an old Florida feel to it. Eat at Funky Pelican on the Pier or Flagler Fish Market.

Hammock Dunes Beach - sand has Pinkish hue to it. At the golf course clubhouse, there's a 2nd floor bar/restaurant, some ocean views

St. Augustine Beach up to Ponte Vedra and Sawgrass. Walk around downtown St. Augustine. Old historic town.

Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach - ride bikes through town to see the Victorian-styled homes.

If you want more detail, or have special interests, I'll try to drill down to more detail. West Coast next post.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 05-04-2020 at 04:17 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
Florida is chock full and over-populated. My advice is begin your new life in CALIFORNIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA8ZIURhigs
I am not looking to begin a new life. I have a great life here in Florida. I have some time to kill and plan on using it to tour the entire state. You can stop with the California kick you are on. I have no interest. If you cannot be helpful then please just move on.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
There are so many great places, I thought I'd mention the only area I'd skip.

EAST COAST...I prefer:

Driving to Key West - Sunsets & water clarity are amazing

South Beach in Miami-Art Deco area, walk into the lobby's, some have rooftop bars/pools. Joe's Stone crabs restaurant.

Hollywood Beach Boardwalk

Ft. Lauderdale nightlife along the intracoastal bar hopping via water taxi

Delray Beach and the nightlife along Atlantic Ave. Check out the historic Colony Hotel front porch bar...small jazz ensemble. Doc's All American ice cream since 1951 for cheap eats & sweet pleasures.

Palm Beach- the mansions and Breakers Hotel. High-end shopping along Worth Avenue.

Jupiter Inlet - the restaurants that look out to the lighthouse across the inlet, snorkeling at DuBois Park.

Vero Beach - the barrier island from South Beach up to the Sebastian Inlet. Eat at Ocean Grill, Costa D'este owned by Gloria Estefan..cool bar. Bobby's not on water but the back porch at night A+. See South Beach, Humiston Park Beach, & Jaycee Park where there's a great old time concession stand beachside. If you want to see what Florida's beaches looked like pre-human, stop at Golden Beach across from The Windsor where Great Britain's Royalty stay. Orchid Island is where the top .01% Winter.

Cocoa Beach - tourist trap Ron Jon's Surf Shack. Good surf fishing here.

Cape Canaveral - tour space center & see National Seashore. Time it during a launch.

Daytona Beach - you can drive on the beach there

Flagler Beach - has an old Florida feel to it. Eat at Funky Pelican on the Pier or Flagler Fish Market.

Hammock Dunes Beach - sand has Pinkish hue to it. At the golf course clubhouse, there's a 2nd floor bar/restaurant, some ocean views

St. Augustine Beach up to Ponte Vedra and Sawgrass. Walk around downtown St. Augustine. Old historic town.

Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach - ride bikes through town to see the Victorian-styled homes.

If you want more detail, or have special interests, I'll try to drill down to more detail. West Coast next post.
Awesome. Thanx.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:10 PM

184 posts, read 57,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Uhhh, I would suggest waiting until it's advisable by people who know what's going on (scientists, doctors, medical professionals) versus clowns in elected offices who are doing it out of personal reasons and/or financial gain. Exercise a little self control, it'll still be around in a couple more months.
It might be surprising to some people , but it’s impossible to hide from germs.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:12 PM

184 posts, read 57,711 times
If you make it to port Charlotte, Peace River Seafood is a must stop for fresh seafood in a shack like setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or