Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:25 AM

321 posts, read 1,025,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmango View Post
longboat key is a great REMOTE place to go, beach is awesome, there is nothing around there though, you will have to travel to go to eat.. but it is very quiet and pretty..
You won't have to travel far... and you'll have a kitchen (there's a Publix just down the road).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 12:49 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,174,181 times
The whole thing sounds "divine". I'm sure the kids will really like Mote Aquarium.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the G.Wiz Hands-on Science Center as well as the Sarasota Jungle Gardens? We are traveling with two 8-yr olds & a 5-yr old.

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
You won't have to travel far... and you'll have a kitchen (there's a Publix just down the road).
Yeah, we'll probably eat most of our meals at the cottages. First of all, it's getting too expensive to go out to eat often anymore, and when we do we don't want to get heartburn from the kids!

Old 05-05-2008, 02:07 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,816,632 times
Jungle Gardens & GWiz are great for kids that age. Make sure you watch the reptile show at Jungle Gardens, the gal that runs it is great. She even lets the kids pet a live alligator after the show!

A few other ideas for kids that age are The Childrens Garden (http://www.sarasotachildrensgarden.com/English/frames.html - broken link). It's a neat place to go and have a little picnic with the kids. Also Historic Spanish Point.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:46 PM

4,891 posts, read 14,079,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmango View Post
longboat key is a great REMOTE place to go, beach is awesome, there is nothing around there though, you will have to travel to go to eat.. but it is very quiet and pretty..
LBK is probably one of the last bastillions you can actually not worry about the safety of children from crime.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:05 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,816,632 times
I grew up on LBK as a kid. We lived on the north end. It's a nice place but there's not a lot to do for kids on LBK other than the beach. Although, there are plenty of places for kids within a short drive.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:04 PM

321 posts, read 1,025,000 times
Thumbs up It is Divine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
The whole thing sounds "divine". I'm sure the kids will really like Mote Aquarium.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the G.Wiz Hands-on Science Center as well as the Sarasota Jungle Gardens? We are traveling with two 8-yr olds & a 5-yr old.

Thanks!
The Reds have a farm team in Sarasota... maybe you could catch a game. I guess the Ringling Museum is a bit too much for eight & five, though part of it is a circus museum. But really, I think between Mote Marine & Jungle Gardens... that's plenty of site-seeing! The beach will be more than enough for the rest of the week! Though you could of course go out on a boat...

Have fun!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
The Reds have a farm team in Sarasota... maybe you could catch a game. I guess the Ringling Museum is a bit too much for eight & five, though part of it is a circus museum. But really, I think between Mote Marine & Jungle Gardens... that's plenty of site-seeing! The beach will be more than enough for the rest of the week! Though you could of course go out on a boat...

Have fun!!!!!!
I LOVE the feeling of the sand in my between toes. I could make a week of it on the beach by itself. Just give me a couple of good books and I'm good to go! Now, if we could start making a decent living, Florida would be JUST PERFECT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida