U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:31 AM

375 posts, read 801,941 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking at Palm Coast for a 3/2 rental, and there seem to be lots of available rentals. Is there a specific area to avoid in terms of crime? I am ony able to pay a max of $800. Also, if anyone has a specific realtor they can suggest for rentals, please PM me. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:22 PM

93 posts, read 338,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelb View Post
Hi, I am looking at Palm Coast for a 3/2 rental, and there seem to be lots of available rentals. Is there a specific area to avoid in terms of crime? I am ony able to pay a max of $800. Also, if anyone has a specific realtor they can suggest for rentals, please PM me. Thanks!
Yes, there are many rentals available whether duplex' or homes, take your pick. What crime there is, is scattered. Not sure about a certain area in particular but as you drive around just check to see how the homes are taken care of in the areas you're interested in. Perhaps you could check out the B, E, C, W, Z & S sections which are pretty close to PC proper. There are 2 different shopping areas, one at the Town Center and the other near PC Pkwy and I-95. Not sure if this is helpful or confusing.

No particular realtor in mind for rentals but there are plenty of them. Good luck and hope you enjoy Palm Coast.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:41 PM

147 posts, read 502,044 times
Keep away from the P section.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 AM

3,413 posts, read 7,987,408 times
Coldwell Banker- Jim Volpe for rentals.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:11 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,669,383 times
There are some ratty areas in most of the sections. The streets with a majority of duplexes seem to be the worst. They're easily spotted.

Volusia County (Ormond & Daytona) just laid off 75 teachers so I'd imagine they'll be looking for work in adjacent counties, one of which is Flagler. The local newspaper laid off 26 more employees today.

You REALLY need to line up a job before you move. Good Luck!

Flagler County Public Schools (http://www.flagler.k12.fl.us/departments/hr/389 - broken link)

Old 09-16-2008, 11:14 PM

Thanks, I teach online so I already am working now. I just still don't understand how rentals can be so much $ (I am not finding anything under 950 that is in a decent area) when there seem to be so many service jobs and unemployed people!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:52 AM

5,969 posts, read 7,724,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelb View Post
Thanks, I teach online so I already am working now. I just still don't understand how rentals can be so much $ (I am not finding anything under 950 that is in a decent area) when there seem to be so many service jobs and unemployed people!
Florida is not as cheap as people think.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 AM

Default I agree...

Yeah, I agree, I already live in Florida, I was just trying to determine if I could afford to stay in FL if I went to another area....it seems not. It makes me so angry that the polititicans and insurance companies have screwed up things so badly that it pushes out the regular average joe, like me.

And what 'bout these great supposed 'tax cuts'? Didn't mean anything!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 AM

8 posts, read 22,352 times
I have been considering the move to Palm Coast. I have been looking through the rentals. I stayed in Ponte Vedra Beach last year for work. I loved it but the prices of rentals is sooo much more. I have been in the Mortgage Business that has ended and now waitressing/bartending while going to school. Any waitressing or Bartending positions there in Palm Coast or would I need to drive to Daytona?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:33 AM

8 posts, read 22,352 times
I am moving down to Florida from Ohio. I am SO sick of the winters. What part of Ohio? I live in Medina and ready to relocate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida