Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 02:33 PM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

flat out lying....editing videos to make it look like DeSantis said something he did not say....or just editing to omit things DeSantis did say....

and then...the full unedited video was on YouTube...proving 60 mins was lying....until YouTube deleted it....go figure

Disgraced ‘60 Minutes’ Deceptively (and Maliciously) Edits Ron DeSantis Video

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...esantis-video/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 02:45 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Only Democrats watch 60 Minutes. They already believed the tripe that 60 Minutes was promoting.

3 Million saw it; 100 Million did not, but, like me, are now totally informed.
60 Minutes may as well have campaigned for The Republicans.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:03 PM

207 posts, read 422,155 times
Shameful. It actually makes sense to do things through Publix here in FL since most people shop there and/or have easy access to one nearby. I think the vast majority of people outside of FL do not realize Publix is headquartered in Lakeland which is why they have a huge presence here compared to other companies. People here can go months or years without stepping foot into a Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens but they probably go in or near a Publix all the time. It's about convenience and Publix's dedication to stepping up when the community needs it, not about them donating anything to anyone. Plus, they can sell you a cutely decorated and delicious cake before you leave the store. Win-win as far as I see it.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:54 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
flat out lying....editing videos to make it look like DeSantis said something he did not say....or just editing to omit things DeSantis did say....

and then...the full unedited video was on YouTube...proving 60 mins was lying....until YouTube deleted it....go figure

Disgraced ‘60 Minutes’ Deceptively (and Maliciously) Edits Ron DeSantis Video

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...esantis-video/
You are quoting Breitbart? Nuff said. Very biased Republican opinionated reporting that often publishes propaganda, half truths, and totally untrue stories.

Being a Floridian, I thought the report last night on 60 minutes was pretty accurate.

The rich were able to get shots before most of us.
The rich and famous and people on vacation did fly in and get their shots before most of us...until us low lifes protested and Desantis did add being Florida resident as a criteria.

Owners of Publix did give big donations to his reelection as did many of the richer 55+ plus communities and neigborhoods of million $ houses with CEOs from all over getting their shots before most of us. BTW I am part of Publix families who do have stock in the company and saying that they were chosen because they are a Florida company with roots? What about Winn Dixie? It has them too, but they didn't get the vaccine until late March.

He reported that Palm Beach got the first vaccines because they were ready and could accommodate but West Palm where regular working class and minorities mostly live received none of the vaccine even though they were up and ready, too.

The poorer areas near the Everglades stopped getting any vaccines when Publix became the main distributor even though the closest Publix was 25 miles away. The county sites closed. Most of the people are minorities, many older had no access to cars, computers, or cell phones to get appointments but were also getting sick and dying of covid.

We cannot deny that the vaccine distribution in Florida was rocky. What we can say is it has gotten better in the last few weeks and many of his early misgivings have been corrected with the help of the Federal government adding to the distribution.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:25 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
You are quoting Breitbart? Nuff said. Very biased Republican opinionated reporting that often publishes propaganda, half truths, and totally untrue stories.

Being a Floridian, I thought the report last night on 60 minutes was pretty accurate.

The rich and famous and people on vacation did fly in and get their shots before most of us...until us low lifes protested and Desantis did add being Florida resident as a criteria.

Owners of Publix did give big donations to his reelection as did many of the richer 55+ plus communities and neigborhoods of million $ houses with CEOs from all over getting their shots before most of us. BTW I am part of Publix families who do have stock in the company and saying that they were chosen because they are a Florida company with roots? What about Winn Dixie? It has them too, but they didn't get the vaccine until late March.

He reported that Palm Beach got the first vaccines because they were ready and could accommodate but West Palm where regular working class and minorities mostly live received none of the vaccine even though they were up and ready, too.

The poorer areas near the Everglades stopped getting any vaccines when Publix became the main distributor even though the closest Publix was 25 miles away. The county sites closed. Most of the people are minorities, many older had no access to cars, computers, or cell phones to get appointments but were also getting sick and dying of covid.

We cannot deny that the vaccine distribution in Florida was rocky. What we can say is it has gotten better in the last few weeks and many of his early misgivings have been corrected with the help of the Federal government adding to the distribution.
Statement from Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner:

"The reporting was not just based on bad information – it was intentionally false," Kerner said in a statement on Monday. "I know this because I offered to provide my insight into Palm Beach County's vaccination efforts and '60 Minutes' declined.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:04 PM

207 posts, read 422,155 times
Quote:
BTW I am part of Publix families who do have stock in the company and saying that they were chosen because they are a Florida company with roots? What about Winn Dixie? It has them too, but they didn't get the vaccine until late March.
Winn-Dixie has about a third of the number of stores that Publix does. Perhaps the correct thing to do in areas you mentioned like the Everglades would have been to allow Winn-Dixie to offer the vaccine in those more rural areas. Pine Island/Bokeelia/St. James City has the same kind of issue, where they only have Winn-Dixie as the major player on the island. If those people need a Publix they have to drive into Cape Coral but at least it's right as they come into town. But I don't know that the Winn-Dixie there even has a pharmacy so it's not like they were getting that kind of service there to begin with so maybe that's why those other locations in the Everglades were passed over initially as well? I just don't blindly assume something nefarious is going on without having proof of such.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:16 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:

You should probably read the most recent comments by many leading Florida democrats who say the story by 60 minutes is "intentionally false".

“60 Minutes” omitted 356 words from DeSantis’ 423-word answer. The reporter then repeated her “pay for play” accusation.
Jared Moskowitz, a former Democratic state senator who now runs the state Division of Emergency Management, said in a tweet on April 4 that Publix was recommended by his agency, “as the other pharmacies were not ready to start.”

Old 04-05-2021, 06:42 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingNWCape View Post
Winn-Dixie has about a third of the number of stores that Publix does. Perhaps the correct thing to do in areas you mentioned like the Everglades would have been to allow Winn-Dixie to offer the vaccine in those more rural areas. Pine Island/Bokeelia/St. James City has the same kind of issue, where they only have Winn-Dixie as the major player on the island. If those people need a Publix they have to drive into Cape Coral but at least it's right as they come into town. But I don't know that the Winn-Dixie there even has a pharmacy so it's not like they were getting that kind of service there to begin with so maybe that's why those other locations in the Everglades were passed over initially as well? I just don't blindly assume something nefarious is going on without having proof of such.
Winn-Dixie has a pharmacy (not sure if it is at all locations) but if Winn Dixie (Southern Grocers) were not posed to make money off offering vaccinations, they had no interest in offering vaccinations.

The primary reason for going with Publix is that they were recommended for their vaccine distribution readiness by The Florida Division of Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health.

For most of my life, I lived more than 20 miles from Publix. But dammit if I had to get to Publix for potentially life-saving vaccines for myself or my family, I'd figure out a way to get there.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:34 PM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
You are quoting Breitbart? Nuff said.
you did not even look at it...and just blabbered on...
...hint....the blue type is links

what's worse than 60 mins is the fact YouTube deleted the whole video proving 60 mins scam

Last edited by Corrie22; 04-05-2021 at 08:00 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 06:02 AM

451 posts, read 455,735 times
I'm glad I live in Indian River County. Other than the fact that it's less densely populated, they've done a great job distributing vaccines. Of course there was a little confusion at the start, but they settled in and they're getting it done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida