Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2006, 08:22 AM

11 posts, read 150,054 times

Advertisements

Hi

I am from NY and I have recently bought a home in Fleming Island
(Orange Park FL) I am not moving there till July. From what I have heard it is a good area with good schools. Is anyone familar with the area and is there anything i should about it .
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2006, 10:46 AM

31 posts, read 276,709 times
Orange park (clay county) is a developed city with nice neighborhood. The school rating - I'm not sure of. My kids go to Mandarin schools which are the only schools in DUVAL county having "A" in academics. I don't advice you to live in Orange park if your office location is in downtown or in the north part of Jacksonville. Most of my office mates who lives in Orange Park complains about the traffic, coming from the bridge to I-95.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:00 AM

Also read the post 'Have a jood job in St. Augustine where to live?' - there are several posts here that says much about Orange Park.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:22 PM

11 posts, read 150,054 times
Thank your for your insight, I lkie where I am moving too but from what I have read about traffic ect.. it worries me. Is Fleming Island really part of Orange Park. I hope Fleming Island is a great place live it seems that way. Any futher info would be great. Thanks

Old 05-14-2006, 08:39 PM

Fleming Island is a subdivision within Orange Park. It is a well developed middle to upper class neighborhood. I would only worry on the traffic out there if you're heading north of Jacksonville...but don't worry Orange Park is almost a complete city - parks,malls,good restaurants.. that is if you have no other intention of visiting the Jacksonville vicinity.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 15,944 times
I have lived in Fleming Island since 2005. It is a great community with A rated schools despite a previous post that Mandarin only has A rated schools. Mandarin is located in Duval County but Fleming Island is in Clay Country. It is geographically located between Orange Park and Green Cove Springs, FL. It boarders the St. Johns River, Doctors Inlet Lake and Swimming Pen Creek. It is a great area for boaters or water sports or fishing or those who love looking at a beautiful sunset over the water. Fleming Island is a middle to upper income community with plenty of shopping. The traffic is heavy on US 17 during rush hour, so one would have to allow at least 15 to 20 minutes of driving time before getting on the expressway. It is generally a 30 min drive to downtown Jacksonville. It is just minutes from Jacksonville Naval Air Station. (NAS-JAX). A great and safe place to live in my opinion. We really like it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida