Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:45 PM

173 posts, read 680,548 times

Advertisements

What is Tequesta like? I'm looking it up on expertrealty.com right now. I never heard anything at all about the city. It seems like it might have a peaceful lifestyle, with somewhat of a 60s vibe (Not funky though), and mostly older folks. I'm just going by pics tho.

Last edited by rickyd; 05-21-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 03:57 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,890,555 times
Honestly, I don't know all that much about Tequesta. There is another poster that knows a LOT about that part of South Florida that might be able to help you. I'm not sure why I listed it in my list as there are only around 5 thousand people there. It seemed to be a very bubbly and exclusive area to me.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:14 PM

Cool, what is the poster's name? I might PM him/her or just look up his/her posts.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:37 PM

Trimt7. I would say that's the PBC expert on here.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 PM

346 posts, read 1,341,039 times
I don't understand why everybody that wants to move to South Florida aways want to know where the "safest" places are? There are areas that are poor and crime usually is higher in those areas, but I can say the same thing for Des Moines, Iowa. It's just annoying when people have this perception that everyone is out to kill someone down here. Most of us have lived down here for so many years and it seems like we're all alive and doing pretty well. It's just annoying, that's all.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk22 View Post
I don't understand why everybody that wants to move to South Florida aways want to know where the "safest" places are? There are areas that are poor and crime usually is higher in those areas, but I can say the same thing for Des Moines, Iowa. It's just annoying when people have this perception that everyone is out to kill someone down here. Most of us have lived down here for so many years and it seems like we're all alive and doing pretty well. It's just annoying, that's all.
Shhhh!!! The burglars who don't speak English are going to come again tonight!

Really though, I know zero people who have been robbed at gunpoint, one person who has been burglarized, zero people who have had their car stolen, zero people who have been raped at random, zero people who have been murdered, and one person who has been pickpocketed (me).

Old 05-21-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Shhhh!!! The burglars who don't speak English are going to come again tonight!

Really though, I know zero people who have been robbed at gunpoint, one person who has been burglarized, zero people who have had their car stolen, zero people who have been raped at random, zero people who have been murdered, and one person who has been pickpocketed (me).
Exactly! I think media outlets around the country are jealous at us and try to find as many negative news as possible to belittle us. It makes them feel better about their area to know that somewhere else that's sunny many days of the year has its vices. When I lived in the Tampa Bay area I never visited South Florida before and only knew of things from what I heard on the radio or watched on TV. Once I moved down here I don't want to live anywhere else in Florida. If I did ever move again, it'll be within Florida and the situation would have to be ideal.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk22 View Post
Umm...seriously, who wouldn't want to know which area is safer to live in? Anyone who is moving from out of state to a place they have never been to or know little about will naturally want to know what they are getting themselves into... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
Umm...seriously, who wouldn't want to know which area is safer to live in? Anyone who is moving from out of state to a place they have never been to or know little about will naturally want to know what they are getting themselves into... Jesus christ man, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
No, I got your point, but I think the negativity of many I've read so far about crime rate in Florida is ridiculous. I am not personally pointing the blame your way. You also contradict yourself when you ask for a safe city, but an exciting night life as well. An exciting night life is never located in a safe city. You can't have both. Oh, one other thing, don't go to Town Center Mall in Boca. It's not safe there.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
What is Tequesta like? I'm looking it up on expertrealty.com right now. I never heard anything at all about the city. It seems like it might have a peaceful lifestyle, with somewhat of a 60s vibe (Not funky though), and mostly older folks. I'm just going by pics tho.
Tequesta is much too homogeneous for your taste fro what I gather.
It's an older crowd also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida