U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 AM
2 posts, read 4,438 times
Reputation: 10


I have examined some of the replies of the moderators of this forum and I have found them very valuable, I would really appreciate any support from you, as I am not acquainted with the US immigration system.

My sister is a US citizen, citizenship gained through naturalization. She wishes my parents to live together with her in Florida and in order to do so; she is filing the I-130 form: petition for Alien Relative with the aim to bring my parents to Florida. We have read this application comprehensively, but there are some points that we would like to clarify these two issues.
1) It is necessary to file both parents at the same time?
2) Does a person who committed a minor judicial offense outside the US, could possibly face the prospect of having their file petition rejected?
This second issue is more intricate, and it is essential for me to make clear the context of the situation:
My parents are retired, a reputable couple who live in South America, my father a physician and my mother is a lawyer (Judge), the later was found accountable of a minor offense (non prison offense) : She was found culpable without intention to generate a minor judicial fault: negligence because she was not aware that one of her employees stole funds , accordingly she paid a small sum of money, as a consequence she is enjoying a normal life, visiting my sister in Florida twice per year without any inconveniences.

Despite of this, the main question remains as to whether she is going to have her Alien petition rejected or not as She still appears in the judicial computer system?

I will be grateful for any piece of information.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 12:00 PM
3,161 posts, read 8,074,311 times
Reputation: 2385
With it being such a delicate matter where any misstep could mean denial of citizenship, your sister may want to contact an immigration lawyer in the US. An initial consultation where you could ask all of the questions you may have might not be too expensive. Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2007, 12:47 PM
2 posts, read 4,438 times
Reputation: 10
Default Where to find a good, non-expensive US immigration lawyer?

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, my last question remains as to where to find any good, affordable US immigration lawyer?

Many thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top