U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 04:37 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,759,093 times

Advertisements

Ok, let's be nice to one another. Please remember everyone is different. Not everyone is going to love the summers here in Florida. Just like not everyone is going to hate the winters up north. Let's try to understand our differences.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,941,244 times
Big, BAD A-- T-storms in Naples. Not just once today, but TWICE. Dark, thunder, lightening, torrential downpours, and winds!!!!!. Not just purple on the radar, but BROWN. No, I will not post a link to the radar. I love it. My plants love it. The egrets will love it fishing for their dinner tongiht in the lake.

Of course, it cannot possibly be raining. This is Florida! The sun is brightly shining because it IS in Tampa, Clearwater, or Weeki Wachi, etc., etc. Everyone sit by the pool, have your beer, and enjoy the sunshine right now in Naples.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:00 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,512,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
First off, why are you putting words in my mouth? When did I ever say anything about having a skin condition or knowing more than a Dermatologist? Anyway, IMO, You having a medical condition gives you more room to complain about the heat. Maybe I will try not to harp on you so much as long as your are not over exaggerating or even lying as you have done before to get your point across.

As for other people, complaining only makes you and others around you more miserable. I can go outside and be perfectly fine, then someone says, "sure is hot out here" and then I start thinking about it
Then you need to go back into my older posts about the heat causing me to have acute asthma from the particles in the humid air(doctor tested me in May for it), also skin rashes caused by sweating to death out there.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:11 PM

204 posts, read 543,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Then you need to go back into my older posts about the heat causing me to have acute asthma from the particles in the humid air(doctor tested me in May for it), also skin rashes caused by sweating to death out there.
PEOPLE! Some of us are warm, moist weather people, some of us grew up around and still long for seasons and even the cold, some of us like the dry heat of the desert (NOT ME ANYMORE), some of us long for only sun, some of us need that change that comes with seasons. No one needs to take this sooo personally that we are attacking each other! I prefer warm moist weather so I'm headed down to Florida, that sounds perfect to me but this is not perfect for people like ChrisA70. Everyone needs to just agree to disagree and know that everyone's likes and needs are different.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,759,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveeast31 View Post
Everyone needs to just agree to disagree and know that everyone's likes and needs are different.
Thank you!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Default Not to turn this into a medical discussion

Quote:
but my doctor prescribed topical cortisone (higher strength than OTC) for the heat hives. It does help with the spreading next to the original outbreak. It keeps the redness and subsequent crusting down, but I was also told to keep out of the sun when using cortisone. You have to cover up when using it if you are outside n the sun. Going outside in the sun will only increase the redness and it will burn. Been there, done that.

Sorry, to get a little OT, but the OP did talk about skin conditions.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:48 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,512,809 times
I just try to do outside stuff when I=it is cloudy. Can't escape the heat. I use a cortisone product too for the heat rash. It also makes my neck break out so I usually run home from work throughout the day to get a cold cloth on my neck.

If FL had perfect weather for everyone in the USA it would be overpopulated and sink...

Old 08-16-2010, 06:28 PM

Default Stress increases the outbreaks

Quote:
I just try to do outside stuff when I=it is cloudy. Can't escape the heat. I use a cortisone product too for the heat rash. It also makes my neck break out so I usually run home from work throughout the day to get a cold cloth on my neck.

If FL had perfect weather for everyone in the USA it would be overpopulated and sink...
I was told that too. Yeah, I am stressed. Stressed from all the heat and humidity. Stress worrying after the last two October outreaks in Florida, what the current October is going to bring. In that respect, I dread the Fall in some ways even more than the Summer. Last winter, with it's record breaking cold, was wonderful. Not just from a comfort zone, but these hives completely went away for the first winter since living here. They always completely went away in NY in the Fall and the Winter.

I was told I could also take "happy" pills, as my older bipolar daughter calls them, to relieve the stress. Wonderful. I need to take happy pills so I can relieve the stress due to the climate of where I live. What is wrong with this picture? No thank you. It is not worth it. Better to just move to a better climate.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:15 PM

8 posts, read 9,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Sad to hear you're ended up in a place that doesn't suit you, tysk. If money and jobs were not an issue, where would your ideal lifestyle climate be?
I've always dreamed of Seattle even though I've never been there. It seems that it's never too hot and never too cold and there are all types of nature around (water, mountains, etc). And it rains but definitely not as much as the stereotype and besides, I don't mind the rain at all (as long as it is without lightning).

I've also dreamed of Burlington, Vermont. Even though it gets much colder than in Seattle but I really do not mind the cold at all. In fact it makes me feel alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
If everyone liked the same type of weather the entire world population would be in a very, very small area.
Right on. I've lived in "cold places" and while everyone was whining and complaining during winter, I was out and about enjoying myself and life. It actually made me happy because it showed me that I was definitely in the right place. Now that I am in Florida, it is the opposite, I just feel down and miserable 10 months per year and I realize that I should get out of here as soon as I get a chance because I am certainly not the best I could be while living here.

But don't get me wrong, I think Florida is beautiful BUT to visit. Living in Florida is a completely different thing.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:32 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,978,669 times
Quote:
I must have missed that. No wonder you complain about the heat so much . Florida is definitely not the place for you. Good luck on getting back north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida