U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,203 times

Advertisements

I hate Florida. It makes you crazy with anger being hot for this long. It is truely hell and God for bid a Hurricane comes and knocks out the electric and you have to wait a week till you can actually feel air again. If you come to Florida be prepared to get stuck here cause this place traps people. Florida is a cancer.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:07 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,888,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galegirl82 View Post
I hate Florida. It makes you crazy with anger being hot for this long. It is truely hell and God for bid a Hurricane comes and knocks out the electric and you have to wait a week till you can actually feel air again. If you come to Florida be prepared to get stuck here cause this place traps people. Florida is a cancer.
So insightful. But for some reason I don't seem to get crazy with anger.

It is truly great weather to me, have been here 20 years and never had any real issues with hurricanes though my power was out for a day one time.

I am not stuck here, I just choose to stay. Did someone steal your car keys, is that why you can't leave?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:15 PM

320 posts, read 1,006,570 times
It can be unpleasant at times, but I still prefer it over the cold winters up north.

At least in the hot summer, you don't have to worry about throwing layers of clothes on and you can at least do activities outside (fishing, boating, swimming, exercise, etc.)

Old 08-03-2010, 02:00 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,938,844 times
Default We had a Tstorm last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by galegirl82 View Post
which knocked out our power for 4 hours. Even though the storm made the temp go down to about mid 80s, the air was still as thick as pea soup and there was no breeze whatsoever. AC? We didn't even have fans without any power. It was brutal.

After 3 hours, my husband called the power company and wanted to know not only when power would come back on, he even asked if our condo about 10 miles away had their power. It did. He was ready to get in the car and drive there to have AC, TV, and cold drinks. He was prepared to sleep at the condo rather than spend the night at the house with no AC.

I am in NY right now. It is 85 degrees right now. We not only don't have AC on, but we don't even have fans going because the humidity is low. We have all the windows and doors open and there is a nice, STRONG, COOL breeze coming in. The breeze is stronger than any fan could be. It's lovely. It is not even like this in the WINTERS in Naples; not that strong or cool of a breeze. Plus, even in the 70s in the winter, it is still HUMID. Yuck.

It is very nice to not have all that horrible, awful HUMIDITY; nevermind the 90+ every single day for months on end.

Heat and humidity makes me very irritable too.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:16 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,355,853 times
Can we just get a sticky for people to complain about the heat to their heart's content?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:27 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,918,738 times
and the crime and the northerners and the hispanics and the tourists and the lack of culture and the unemployment and the snowbirds and the and the and the...

boy people sure do like to gripe on this site...

Old 08-03-2010, 02:39 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Wing View Post
It can be unpleasant at times, but I still prefer it over the cold winters up north.

At least in the hot summer, you don't have to worry about throwing layers of clothes on and you can at least do activities outside (fishing, boating, swimming, exercise, etc.)

Most places up north don't receive much or any snow until December. Same with the consistently colder weather.

By February the days are getting longer, the temps a tad warmer. Dec. & Jan. are really the worst two months. The rest not so bad.

Much better than seven months of humid and hot weather that Floridians have to deal with each year. Not to mention all the creepy crawlers than infest the state.

I lived there for three years. I thought I died and went to hell.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,355,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Most places up north don't receive much or any snow until December. Same with the consistently colder weather.

By February the days are getting longer, the temps a tad warmer. Dec. & Jan. are really the worst two months. The rest not so bad.

Much better than seven months of humid and hot weather that Floridians have to deal with each year. Not to mention all the creepy crawlers than infest the state.

I lived there for three years. I thought I died and went to hell.
Where does it get warmer in February? In Atlanta it was too cold already in November and it did not let up until late April. The icy, wet weather does not need snow to be intolerable. I'll take the swamp.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 PM

7,646 posts, read 16,024,078 times
I've got more than one childhood picture that involves me going trick-or-treating in snow boots, and I can remember it snowing the first weekend in May when I was a senior in high school.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:27 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,938,844 times
In downstate NY November and December are generally pretty mild. RARE to have a White Christmas. January and February are usually the coldest and snowiest months.

I suppose cold is all relative. 40s and 50s in November isn't really cold to a lot of people. That is still above freezing and it isn't going to snow with those temps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida