Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 02:43 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I doubt she's referring to us when she's describing morons at the mall,
the tone of the thread struck me as some one who is fed up with the relentless heat and as a result is somewhat irritable,knowing that you then post a thread saying the heat is no problem for you and what are you complaining about? is obviously just rubbing salt in the OP's wound so to speak,
you indeed have every right to post your opinion and any one else has their right to comment on your pompous reply.
Fair Enough.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
For the coming week, we'd be cooler if we could spend it in Dunedin FLA instead of Nebraska. Highs for each of the next 10 days are projected to be higher in Nebraska--up to 7 degrees higher. Humidity is also high here--and little chance of rain, so the vegetation is burning up.

Sunsets over the gulf, great seafood restaurants, picking up seashells--those are a few of the other things we could be enjoying in FLA along with cooler weather.
LOL!!!! For a few weeks/months of warm weather in Nebraska, I would take that any day over 8 or 9 months of it, without a break... Cooler... So does 85 degrees at 8:30 at night with a heat index of 96 sound cool and comfortable to you? That's how it is here at the current time. picking up shells, sunsets, and so called seafood restaurants only sound fun for a week or so, but is this something to do for the rest of your life????

Old 08-08-2010, 05:41 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I agree. I mow my Church's law (about an acre) with zero shade, using a push mower (not self-propelled) once a week. Takes about 3 hours. And I'm not complaining either. Yet I hear people on this site cry about being stuck in their house or having to go outside to get to their cars and I just think, GIVE ME A BREAK .
So you work outside 3 hours a week. Try doing it 8+ hours a day, every day for the next 30 years. Right now (7:10 Am), it's 86 degrees, 75% humidity and a heat index of 97. Are you saying that isn't uncomfortable?
I find that a huge percentage of those who don't understand one's aversion to oppressive heat and claim to thrive in it are; A) Being disingenuous B) Actually hate the heat as much as I do, but tell themselves they like it C) Consider working outside as puttering around in their yard for a half hour D) Have a vested interest in spreading the word that Florida is paradise and won't tolerate any dissent E) Have serious health problems.
The last one I can understand. So please give those of us who don't appreciate temperatures in the 80s and 90s for 2/3 of the year a break. We will be moving on soon and you can have it all to yourself.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
So you work outside 3 hours a week. Try doing it 8+ hours a day, every day for the next 30 years. Right now (7:10 Am), it's 86 degrees, 75% humidity and a heat index of 97. Are you saying that isn't uncomfortable?
I find that a huge percentage of those who don't understand one's aversion to oppressive heat and claim to thrive in it are; A) Being disingenuous B) Actually hate the heat as much as I do, but tell themselves they like it C) Consider working outside as puttering around in their yard for a half hour D) Have a vested interest in spreading the word that Florida is paradise and won't tolerate any dissent E) Have serious health problems.
The last one I can understand. So please give those of us who don't appreciate temperatures in the 80s and 90s for 2/3 of the year a break. We will be moving on soon and you can have it all to yourself.
Amen.... AMEN!!!!!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:26 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
A topic thats titled "I hate Florida summers" is obviously about people venting about how they dont like the heat, Entering into the topic and telling every one that you can do cartwheels out in the sun all day long and the heat is no problem at all,with the what are all you people whining about attitude i would call insensitive bordering on rude.
Your post would have been more relevant in a topic called "why i love Florida summers.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post

Old 08-08-2010, 07:38 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
Quote:
Perhaps you didn't consider F) Is not bothered by the heat. I may not have worked outside all day for my entire work life, but mowing my church lawn is only one of the things that I have done in the heat before, and one of the easiest at that. I had just got done doing it when I posted that, so I talked about it. I once had to did two 100 ft long 3 ft deep trenches all for the purpose of placing metal root barriers for bamboo, all in the direct sun. I would say that was the hardest and hottest two week of my life. But it was not the heat I remember hating so much, it was the work itself, and I think I can say that for just about everything I do in the heat. Maybe I should find a thread titled "Why I hate working". The main problem I have is your last line. "We will be moving on soon and you can have it all to yourself", because the truth is that is not true. Maybe it is of you, but there will always be people who will be here to annoy me with their complaining. I just thought what better way to fire back than on a thread of complainers rambling on about Florida's heat. After all, that is what City-data is all about.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:18 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Two weeks to dig a 200' ditch? What did you use to dig with-a spoon? Again, get back to me when you do work like that everyday for a living.
If, as you say, aren't bothered by Florida's relentless climate, you either; A) Spend less time in it than you are admitting to B) Are nuts.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:28 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Two weeks to dig a 200' ditch? What did you use to dig with-a spoon? Again, get back to me when you do work like that everyday for a living.
If, as you say, aren't bothered by Florida's relentless climate, you either; A) Spend less time in it than you are admitting to B) Are nuts.
Why is it that, according to you, someone that likes warm weather doesn't spend a lot of time in it or is nuts?
Is someone that likes cold weather nuts also?
Is anyone that is not living in a climate that is one constant temperature 365 days a year nuts?
If I said you were a wimp because you couldn't deal with a little warm weather without crying like a little girl would that make any sense?

Old 08-08-2010, 09:04 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
If I said you were a wimp because you couldn't deal with a little warm weather without crying like a little girl would that make any sense?
I see a lot of men on this thread crying like little girls....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida