U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2007, 04:45 PM

12 posts, read 52,187 times

Advertisements

What does anyone have to say about Beverly Hills, Florida?? Good and Bad. What is the crime? How about the traffic? Is the weather wonderful? Is the homeowners insurance very high? How about taxes? I know it looks beautiful in the pictures. Is there alot of shopping and restaurants near by? How far is the beach? Thank You -- Happy New Year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 05:40 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,724,078 times
I know someone who retired there. He loved it- you are in Florida, so the weather is always beautiful -he said it was a little quiet but liked it.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:31 PM

442 posts, read 2,709,376 times
My Husband use to live there before we got married, nice little town, homes use to be cheap. there is a section that is older ( where my husband use to live ) that now has some crime , but what communtiy does'nt?
also its very close to Crystal river, which is a very nice town with a small mall, and the average grocery shopping...not to mention Hommassa Springs..where you can feed the manatees..

Old 03-18-2010, 01:40 PM

2 posts, read 19,288 times
It sucks. Beverly Hills is filled with gang kids everywhere, and murder is suprisingly high. Not to mension Arson and all the other terrible things that go on here. Gang kids have been constantly throwing fire crackers in my lawn, along with smashing all my garden knomes and vandalizing my driveway, and once, spraypainting and keying my car. This is everywhere in Beverly Hills. Oh, and one more important thing. On the street that I live, there is a gang of kids who keep me up at night playing they're horrible music turned up to the max. I called the police, but thats how I got my car keyed. I ended up moving to another street trying to give the place a second chance, but thats when I found out the whole neighborhood is filled with this mess. I am trying to get out, but I am having very deep trouble selling my house, because nobody wants to live here anymore. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the stress of having to deal with this awful place.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:16 AM

2 posts, read 7,324 times
JohnHS is correct. The crime level in beverly hills has gone up quite a bit. Home break ins are becoming more frequent and drugs are a surprisingly large problem. Most people aren't aware how bad the drugs are in all of citrus county. They have had several large busts in the past few years, one incident in which two police officers were shot and wounded. And if I am pulled over late at night a k9 is always walked around my car sniffing for drugs. It still has its nice areas, where the houses are well kept and people are friendly, but much of beverly hills has become trashy.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,544 times
Dont believe what you hear! Beverly Hills is a frightfull place that time forgot! Dinasaurs roam the fields and all chimneys are haunted by the spirit of Sam Kinnison the comedian! The only things to eat are bloody sandwhiches! One time, my big toe tried to kill me in my sleep! I had to cut it off! My mom is a Meerkat! How the hell did that happen!?? Yesterday, I couldn't stop singing stand by your man! Oh, God stay away!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:00 AM

3,849 posts, read 7,861,057 times
Never been there but I can't imagine it's as good as its CA counterpart.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:04 AM

6 posts, read 28,936 times
I bought a house in Beverly Hills in 2014 and love living here. I live in the area near the Citrus Hills shopping center and have never had any problems. No homes on my street have been broken in to, no evidence of drugs, no vandalism problems, no loud music playing so I think it just depends on which neighborhood in Beverly Hills that you live in. Most everyone on my street is retired and we look out for each other. Like most towns, there are really lovely parts of Beverly Hills and other parts that have many rentals and foreclosures and can attract crime due to those factors. I can honestly say that I have traveled all over Florida and there were many areas of Tampa and Naples that I didn't feel safe in, but I have never felt that way about Beverly Hills. I am very glad I moved here.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:20 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,283,917 times
My mother in law lives in Beverly Hills and has for about 30 years. She lives in the Pine Ridge subdivision. We have visited her many times over the last 10 years. We have never experienced anything bad there. It's a quiet town as far as I can see. Close to Crystal River which is a nice place to visit. My mother in law has never had any problems with anything so I think you just have to visit the area and look around. Stop in a couple local bar/pubs and strike up a conversation with someone and find out if they from that area and ask questions
I do know you'll get more house and land for the money versus living in a more crowded, busy town or city. I have done the comparison of size of homes/land in Beverly Hills compared to places like Tampa, Ft Myers and the price was way higher in Tampa, Ft Myers. Property tax is also higher in those places. However, I have never found any close nice beaches on the Gulf when I was in Beverly Hills so I don't know if that would be an option you want. Good luck in your search! I am searching for a nice place to relocate to also as I am in Wisconsin and can't stand not being able to go outside and sit on the deck half the year! Ugh!

Old 02-12-2016, 04:07 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,369,275 times
It's a town in the middle of nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida