U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 AM

22,553 posts, read 47,229,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'm so glad there are a lot of people who don't like it here. FL is not all beaches and babes. We are an agricultural state and a mining state for those that don't expect to see that here. The real truth of the matter is the more who return to their place of origin the less wear and tear on our road ways and the safer everyone is including new visitors. No need to come here and expect a rapid change to make things like it was in a concrete jungle somewhere else. It's not going to happen soon. To many old time crackers in place to block it.
I wish. Where were the crackers for the last 60 years, at least? Run over by the machine. Folks with money stuffed pockets and took over. And I don't mean cute Aunt Gladys and Uncle Henry. I mean developers. If it weren't for the crash they would have eventually turned the entire state into a parking lot. Except for the middle of the state. That's run by Big Ag and isn't going anywhere.

Special interests run Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 AM

4,978 posts, read 7,267,061 times
I would take Florida over old, dumpy Ohio anyday of the week.

In fact, I would take almost anywhere (except west virginia) over Ohio.
Ohio is the epitome of rust belt, boring, crap weather mid-west, fat people.

I'm not saying everyone in Ohio is fat, but its got that obese, folksy "RoseAnne Barr" feel to it.

remember the TV show RoseAnn?
thats what Ohio is like.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 AM

4,597 posts, read 3,380,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I would take Florida over old, dumpy Ohio anyday of the week.

In fact, I would take almost anywhere (except west virginia) over Ohio.
Ohio is the epitome of rust belt, boring, crap weather mid-west, fat people.

I'm not saying everyone in Ohio is fat, but its got that obese, folksy "RoseAnne Barr" feel to it.

remember the TV show RoseAnn?
thats what Ohio is like.
There's plenty of fat people down here as well; they just wear less clothing.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:54 AM

23,440 posts, read 31,628,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
There's plenty of fat people down here as well; they just wear less clothing.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,755,360 times
Please stick to the topic of the thread, all posts not related to the topic will be deleted. If you would like to discuss something not related to this thread, either start a new thread or use private message to contact the person you would like to talk with. Thank you.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM

4,597 posts, read 3,380,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
There are some serious economic problems going on in Orlando and every other city and town in America. Orlando will recover from any losses.
PM sent.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 PM

3,237 posts, read 5,106,778 times
Move back then...

Old 10-28-2011, 08:05 AM

378 posts, read 721,779 times
Very common, everybody loves FL on vacation and most love the first few months or years here. Then the love sours for some and they move out to be replaced with more newcomers. Over a 1000 people move here every day and over a 1000 pack up and leave every day too. Businesses that sell homes when these people move in and move out and move their belongings are recession-proof in FL.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:16 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,201,348 times
If 1k come and 1k go that is a balanced situation, isn't it?

I disagree with you that MOST people fit the description you provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
Very common, everybody loves FL on vacation and most love the first few months or years here. Then the love sours for some and they move out to be replaced with more newcomers. Over a 1000 people move here every day and over a 1000 pack up and leave every day too. Businesses that sell homes when these people move in and move out and move their belongings are recession-proof in FL.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:16 AM

22,553 posts, read 47,229,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
According to the state of Florida, 1,000 people move in a day. I can't find any reference to 1,000 people moving out a day, other than what you've plastered all over the internet.

State of Florida.com - Florida Quick Facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or