U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 PM
 
3,842 posts, read 9,413,910 times
Reputation: 3189

Advertisements

If you love living in FL, why are you starting a thread that asks for negatives?
Seems you needed to share with everyone why YOU love FL.
Great for you.
If you see the good in everything, start a thread that has good in it & brings out the good in people.

 
Old 05-30-2008, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,732 posts, read 31,719,329 times
Reputation: 6773
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
If you love living in FL, why are you starting a thread that asks for negatives?
Seems you needed to share with everyone why YOU love FL.
Great for you.
If you see the good in everything, start a thread that has good in it & brings out the good in people.
You miss the point entirely. I was trying to point out that maybe people should do a little research before moving anyplace.

I dont consider the things I mentioned in the beginning of the thread as negatives. I happen to like them.
 
Old 05-31-2008, 12:59 AM
 
Location: O-Town
1,781 posts, read 6,336,998 times
Reputation: 489
So sitting in a traffic jam with broken A/C in 95 degrees is good?

I like florida too but that sucks and I do it every day going home from work on the 408.
 
Old 05-31-2008, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,732 posts, read 31,719,329 times
Reputation: 6773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
So sitting in a traffic jam with broken A/C in 95 degrees is good?

I like florida too but that sucks and I do it every day going home from work on the 408.
Well I could be in Texas with a broken AC sitting in traffic with 100 degrees, is that better?

Really isn't the problem that your AC is broken and the place you live and where you work are not in the best places considering drive time?
 
Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Marion, IN
8,191 posts, read 28,051,878 times
Reputation: 7114
To the OP- my husband LOVES living here. I am the one who hates it. Should I have said to my husband "I don't like where your family lives so we are getting a divorce"? Not every situation involves researching until you drop. Some decisions are emotional, some are related to job transfers, and I am sure there are many reasons that you or I can't even think of.

As you may or may not know, many folks who moved here and discovered they had made a mistake are unable to sell their homes so they can move on with their lives. That tends to add to the general sourness in one's outlook. Stuck where you don't want to be without the means to leave can turn even a flag waving cheerleader ugly after a while.
 
Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,732 posts, read 31,719,329 times
Reputation: 6773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
To the OP- my husband LOVES living here. I am the one who hates it. Should I have said to my husband "I don't like where your family lives so we are getting a divorce"? Not every situation involves researching until you drop. Some decisions are emotional, some are related to job transfers, and I am sure there are many reasons that you or I can't even think of.

As you may or may not know, many folks who moved here and discovered they had made a mistake are unable to sell their homes so they can move on with their lives. That tends to add to the general sourness in one's outlook. Stuck where you don't want to be without the means to leave can turn even a flag waving cheerleader ugly after a while.
I would think if your marriage is in good standing you could come to a compromise rather then HIM being able to FORCE you to live in a place where you are unhappy but thats just me.
 
Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Philly to Odessa
436 posts, read 1,210,954 times
Reputation: 177
I think it take great courage to imagine yourself having a different life and then taking the steps to do so. To move from one location such as up north and head to a southern, coastal location is a tremendous shock. Some people love it right away, me for example, while others take a lot longer to get used to their new surroundings. And others still find that they made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes and in this economy it is not so easy to correct the mistake and simply sell the house and move back. I think when you end up in that situation you have to find the positives and concentrate on them until you find a way out. Life is too short to complain and be unhappy. I do feel for those people.
 
Old 05-31-2008, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Marion, IN
8,191 posts, read 28,051,878 times
Reputation: 7114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I would think if your marriage is in good standing you could come to a compromise rather then HIM being able to FORCE you to live in a place where you are unhappy but thats just me.
Pretty judgmental, don't you think? There were family issues involved. Apparently you have a perfect life and I hope you are happy in your perfect world. Most of us don't live in that world.
 
Old 05-31-2008, 08:14 AM
 
1,377 posts, read 3,728,051 times
Reputation: 983
It seems kinda weird how the people who like Florida so much have over 5000 posts in 7 months. Just sayin'
 
Old 05-31-2008, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Punta Gorda and Maryland
6,102 posts, read 13,059,286 times
Reputation: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I LOVE living in Florida, I love the tourists although I don't live in the middle of them. I do love chatting with them when I am. I LOVE getting to know people from other places

The one I forgot to mention in the original post is Why would you move to Florida if you dont like the elderly?

I LOVE talking to the elderly. They are walking history.

You know what is sad in general is how negative some people can be. How can you get through life when all you do is whine and go on about how horrible it is. No matter what BAD is happening, I always have something to be positive about. One of them is that I LOVE where I live. I love the sun, the heat, the tourists, the HUGE collection of sea shells I have been amassing. I LOVE IT ALL.

There is no place I would rather live then Florida.
I think that people tend to complain about any form of discomfort they have. Most elderly love hot weather. If you've ever been to an assisted living facitility - the temperature is set somewhere in the mid 80s.

Last I checked Hurricanes happen around almost all coastal area. Bad weather events occur everywhere over time.

You seem to look for the good things - then find them - like your shell collection. Sometimes you have to look for the good things, and it makes it worhwhile when you find what your looking for. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top