Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times

Advertisements

I find it sad to know that when people defend Floirda and the life is can give you gets hammered by those who dont like Florida.
I firmly believe that with a good relationship, a team marriage and good kids you can make it wherever you choose to live.
If you cannot make it in Indiana, New Jersey etc you cannot make it in Florida.

Why is it people who cannot make it in Florida or do not like Florida stay and post about Florida and not go onto the forums where they are moving, they should be researching the town they are moving to instead of slamming Florida for there woes.

Its ok to admist you made a mistake and moved to Florida, but seems many wont post they did but then go out of there way to slam those who admitted they love Florida.

Florida is no worse then anywhere else, if you love the sun, heat, ocean being outside more then in its the place to be. If those things are what you are about you can make it there, all its take is some positive teamwork as a family, some give and takes and your are going to be fine.

I find it hard to believe that people have posted over 500 posts and hate Florida so much and tell us all about hating it and are still there. I know it takes time to undo a mistake but I can tell you if and when we move to Florida and dont like it, I wont be there long and I surely wont blame my mistakes on everything but the real reason.

For us we cannot stand to be cold and wont be moving to Alaska anytime soon because I already know we wont be happy there. No job, no school, nothing would take us to Alaska when I know we would be miserable from day one.

I have been reading the back to Florida thread and find it amazing how many have left Florida and cannot wait to get back. I read other forums and just do not see that in the other states I post or read in.

Moving to Florida is something we have looked forward to for a long time, the only reason we have not moved yet was to help take care of a sick in law, now we are already preparing and doing the research, all we have to do is convince a MIL to go and we are on our way.

But I wont make excuses or blame everything else if I or we choose the wrong city, town or area, that would be our fault. But what I wont do is come back here, I will find the town that fits us in Florida. Florida has to much to offer what we like to go anywhere else.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
Forgot to add, moving is a total team job. Should not be anyones single decision, if it is then you are having some issues that need addressed.

Everyone needs to be counted and allowed a say, if you are not given any say on your move to Florida or any state it is time that you really look into what your marriage is all about.

No good husband or no good wife should make the total decision, if you cannot work together as a team and know each others wants and dislikes you are having some major issues.

We are involving our kids to, they count, they are an important part of our team and we will not move until everyone, including the dog is on board!

Why would anyone be so selfish to think they can make a decision for there spouse when they know they are against what they already know the other spouse doesnt like?

If you read this great post it is easy to see that you shouldnt move to Florida if you dislike the above.

Marriage is a total team affort and moving to or from Florida is a total team effort, if one is left out it wont work and someone will be unhappy.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:05 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Sounds like an interesting life you have <sarcasm>
Well frankly I prefer it, I can fold laundry while I am working, I can reorganize my bookshelves, I can play a video game, I can be at home when my daughter gets home from school, I don't have to spend HUGE amounts of cash driving back and forth to a job. I save the time a commute would take and while I LOVE living in Florida, I can't stand driving in the traffic here. I can be cooking dinner for my daughter, I have done my embroidery while I am working, all kinds of things. I am spoiled now and I love working from home.

I do still go and do the things I love best. In fact I get off work usually early enough that I can take my daughter up to the pool in the community and catch some rays everyday. My job is also flexible enough that if I want extra money, I can get in extra hours on the weekend but only when my daughter is going to a friends house.

I personally find it VERY convenient. I don't have to deal with office politics, spend money on clothes that I would ONLY wear to the office. I can work all day in my night shirt if I want to.

Its another thing that might not be for everyone but it works really well for me.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:48 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I find it sad to know that when people defend Floirda and the life is can give you gets hammered by those who dont like Florida.
I firmly believe that with a good relationship, a team marriage and good kids you can make it wherever you choose to live.

Why is it people who cannot make it in Florida or do not like Florida stay and post about Florida and not go onto the forums where they are moving, they should be researching the town they are moving to instead of slamming Florida for there woes.

Its ok to admist you made a mistake and moved to Florida, but seems many wont post they did but then go out of there way to slam those who admitted they love Florida.

Florida is no worse then anywhere else, if you love the sun, heat, ocean being outside more then in its the place to be. If those things are what you are about you can make it there, all its take is some positive teamwork as a family, some give and takes and your are going to be fine.

I find it hard to believe that people have posted over 500 posts and hate Florida so much and tell us all about hating it and are still there. I know it takes time to undo a mistake but I can tell you if and when we move to Florida and dont like it, I wont be there long and I surely wont blame my mistakes on everything but the real reason.

For us we cannot stand to be cold and wont be moving to Alaska anytime soon because I already know we wont be happy there. No job, no school, nothing would take us to Alaska when I know we would be miserable from day one.

I have been reading the back to Florida thread and find it amazing how many have left Florida and cannot wait to get back. I read other forums and just do not see that in the other states I post or read in.

Moving to Florida is something we have looked forward to for a long time, the only reason we have not moved yet was to help take care of a sick in law, now we are already preparing and doing the research, all we have to do is convince a MIL to go and we are on our way.

But I wont make excuses or blame everything else if I or we choose the wrong city, town or area, that would be our fault. But what I wont do is come back here, I will find the town that fits us in Florida. Florida has to much to offer what we like to go anywhere else.
Good post. Balanced view, common sense, and no personal attacks. What a concept!
Frank D.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Sounds like an interesting life you have <sarcasm>
There is no need or value in personal attacks.

Many here should ask themselves before they post;

a) Is it True?
b) Is it Helpful?
c) Is it Respectful?

One can disagree and still be respectful. Healthy debates are encouraged, personal attacks are not. The terms of service state that one must be 16 yrs old or more to post.....some posts make you wonder if this rule was broken.

It seems quite evident that some people need to read the TOS.

Frank D.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

All true and marvelous I suppose....

Maybe if people who love the state would cease starting threads like this that bait people that don't like Florida into these types of discussions it wouldn't be as much of a problem wouldn't you think???.

Why do you not take a moment to realize how this thread started and which side of the Florida coin began this round of intense debate???

I mean seriously everyone (mods, are you listening?), where did you THINK this thread was going to go??? I mean no one could have predicted the OP offering extra-ordinarily helpful marital advice and suggestions on how to deal with your significant other when they like a place and you don't, but beyond that we had to know that this would simply turn out to be a flame-fest...

IMO threads like this need to be axed from the get-go and the OPs of such threads warned.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
All true and marvelous I suppose....

Maybe if people who love the state would cease starting threads like this that bait people that don't like Florida into these types of discussions it wouldn't be as much of a problem wouldn't you think???.

Why do you not take a moment to realize how this thread started and which side of the Florida coin began this round of intense debate???

I mean seriously everyone (mods, are you listening?), where did you THINK this thread was going to go??? I mean no one could have predicted the OP offering extra-ordinarily helpful marital advice and suggestions on how to deal with your significant other when they like a place and you don't, but beyond that we had to know that this would simply turn out to be a flame-fest...

IMO threads like this need to be axed from the get-go and the OPs of such threads warned.
I was hoping that it was taking a turn for the better.
Sunrico does a good job as the Florida mod.....he watches things pretty close......I'll let him decide........we'll let things cool off and close it for his review.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida