Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:08 AM

11 posts, read 48,785 times

Advertisements

single mom relocating to florida-st augustine area(pretty sure)i am lost & confused. leaving abusive relationship(his is a policemann) & need to start new life with daughter. I am looking for housing near water preferabley and need a job. i am very responsible and very reliable.(just scared) is there anyone out there with some info or anyone who even cares to give some info.i hav bad credit because of him but i can put downpayment on something.
i really need a helping hand from someone or even a kind person to respond...take care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,328,272 times
I absolutely LOVE living in Florida but the job market is really tight right now. Please check into jobs and make sure you have something in place before moving.

I do wish you luck in your move. If you need to talk, you can send me a Direct Message.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 AM

150 posts, read 703,817 times
It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing.I don't know the St.Augustine area but I would suggest you call Women In Distress.The # is 954-761-1133.I believe they are based out of S.Fla. but I'm sure they can put you in touch with the right people.Craigslist.com also has apt. listings in all areas of Fla.Good luck to you!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:32 AM

how can i reach you?first time on here i do need to talk to a person in florida thank u for ur help u made my day

Old 06-01-2008, 07:36 AM

thank u i really dont know where to move in florida i am open to all suggestions i just know that my daugher is happy in the sun and water she is getting more & more depressed about living here in this i have been on craigs list and talked to alot of people renting but they were not to helpful so far..im so scared need to come to florida and make a new life,thank u for the number

Old 06-01-2008, 09:02 PM

545 posts, read 2,036,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonda12519 View Post
thank u i really dont know where to move in florida i am open to all suggestions i just know that my daugher is happy in the sun and water she is getting more & more depressed about living here in this i have been on craigs list and talked to alot of people renting but they were not to helpful so far..im so scared need to come to florida and make a new life,thank u for the number

REPLY: Id like to suggest that you find a large local Church when you get to where you want to live in florida ; there are often Ministries at a church that will help you get settled, find a job, and take you and your daughter under thier wing. Talk to the Pastor and explain your situation . There is also an organization called Catholic Charities in every major city which offers services and support to women in need.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:12 AM

i am coming there on friday for 4 days to look around and have no idea what to do thank u for ur replys

Old 06-02-2008, 08:13 AM

anyone out there renting in st augustine area looking for help? need to live in nice area with daughter and i am a very hard worker if someone would give me a chance

Old 06-02-2008, 08:36 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,748,910 times
I don't mean to sound harsh here but I don't think moving to Florida is a good idea.

Florida is not a "start my life over" state. People get mesmerized by the sun and palm trees. They get this romantic fantasy that if they can just get here all will be well.

Then they arrive and reality sets in. Payscales are lower than what they are used to. The cost of living is high in relation to the payscales. Housing costs, although coming down, are still expensive. Suddenly they are working two jobs just to make ends meet. The public schools have a poor reputation here. The fantasy of going to the beach everday evaporates.

In your case, you have no job, no housing, no family support, bad credit, and the desire to ecscape. Plus you'll need child care. This is a perfect storm of reasons not to move here.

That being said, if you can secure a job, housing, and set a realistic budget before you move here, you may be OK.

Don't move here based on emotion or your kid likes the sun and water.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 AM

thank u for ur reply,its not going to the beach everyday i want it is peace of mind and a new life that requires no violence.thanks again take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida