U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:01 AM

58 posts, read 191,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Lots in Mondex for 20k, and that's almost their realistic price, since there's no city water or sewer, yuk, and it's dirt roads to doublewide land. Lots in Palm Coast for 22k?

What net you surfing, dude?
Matiros is correct for Palm Coast but on realtor.com you can find one on Zebra Finch for $15,000 and one on Undershire Path is $22,900 and both are IN Palm Coast. Yes, there are others scattered in for Mondex and Flagler Estates.

Palm Coast has come way down in prices not only on lots but on homes too. He on the right track and the info is available for all to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 AM

1,343 posts, read 4,666,680 times
My apologies. Haven't seen PC lots that cheap in years!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:46 AM

50 posts, read 178,653 times
in all sections of Palm Coast, the lots are around $30,000 again..... I just read about a Saltwater Canal home: Waterfront in Palm Coast, FL - $219000 - 3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms - DIRECTLY ON SALT WATER CANAL.....These prices are really LOW!!! Lower than they have been in a about 7 years.....

here is a list of what lots have sold for this month:

154 Bird of Paradise Dr $17,500
164 Bird of Paradise Dr 17,500
78 Bren Mar Ln 40,000 on Fresh Water Canal
42 Foster Ln 30,000 on Fresh Water Canal
11 Freneau Ln 75,000 on Lake
62 Llama Trail 20,000
114 Lybbrook Dr 35,000
1 Ryder Place 30,000
11 Weymouth Ln 36,500
10 Zoffinger Place 22,500

Flagler County Home Sales June 2008
June 2008 Average Price Per Sq. Foot: $104.40

No better time than now to buy!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Exclamation Buyer Beware

Just to give any potential buyers a "heads-up:" some of those less expensive properties may be wooded & low-lying, so add at least $15k to clear and fill.

Be sure the lot doesn't back up to a ditch and you lose half your backyard after the first heavy rain. (This actually happened to some not so savvy friends who got into a house very cheaply in the "Z" section and it was the major, but not the only problem. They saw the pretty model and were awestruck. After their home was built, the dining room lighting fixture was in the living room because the sub-contractors were doing a mirror plan and got confused. Kitchen drawers & the oven door would not open after all the cabinetry was put in. Front door opened the wrong way....Not to mention the shoddy paint job, the somewhat screened-in porch....And the city granted them a CO!)

I'm not saying there are problems with all the homes in Palm Coast, and there are good deals right now, but during the boom, contractors were under such tight deadlines, they were hiring unskilled labor and the city wasn't as diligent as they should have been with inspections.

Several builders are under indictment for fraud. I'm just warning people, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is. This is the major purchase of most peoples lives. Do your homework. You can find most of the info you need on the city of Palm Coast website and the Flagler County appraisers website before you even look at the property.

City of Palm Coast
Flagler County Property Appraiser's Office

Old 06-22-2008, 05:46 AM

3,413 posts, read 7,982,158 times
Post the builders name here. We can give you our opinion and share our knowledge.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Just to give any potential buyers a "heads-up:" some of those less expensive properties may be wooded & low-lying, so add at least $15k to clear and fill.

Be sure the lot doesn't back up to a ditch and you lose half your backyard after the first heavy rain. (This actually happened to some not so savvy friends who got into a house very cheaply in the "Z" section and it was the major, but not the only problem. They saw the pretty model and were awestruck. After their home was built, the dining room lighting fixture was in the living room because the sub-contractors were doing a mirror plan and got confused. Kitchen drawers & the oven door would not open after all the cabinetry was put in. Front door opened the wrong way....Not to mention the shoddy paint job, the somewhat screened-in porch....And the city granted them a CO!)

I'm not saying there are problems with all the homes in Palm Coast, and there are good deals right now, but during the boom, contractors were under such tight deadlines, they were hiring unskilled labor and the city wasn't as diligent as they should have been with inspections.

Several builders are under indictment for fraud. I'm just warning people, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is. This is the major purchase of most peoples lives. Do your homework. You can find most of the info you need on the city of Palm Coast website and the Flagler County appraisers website before you even look at the property.

City of Palm Coast
Flagler County Property Appraiser's Office

this sounds like an urban legend to me.....I have lived in the area for 11 years....I have never heard anything like this.... Sounds like you are just not a happy camper...... Please give more details, and I will verify them.....

Anyone who is thinking of buying a home should check it out before they buy. You can hire an expert if you like..... but I think anyone thinking of moving to Florida should consider it now before the prices go back up and before mortgage rates increase.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matiros View Post
this sounds like an urban legend to me.....I have lived in the area for 11 years....I have never heard anything like this.... Sounds like you are just not a happy camper...... Please give more details, and I will verify them.....

Anyone who is thinking of buying a home should check it out before they buy. You can hire an expert if you like..... but I think anyone thinking of moving to Florida should consider it now before the prices go back up and before mortgage rates increase.

This is not an urban legend. The house is on Zebulahs Trail and was built by Darra Homes.

Two of the builders charged with fraud were Canterbury & Osprey.

Jacksonville.com

I have lived in Flagler County for 20 years, but NOT Palm Coast.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 AM

200 posts, read 616,480 times
We have lived in Palm Coast for over 15 years and there are a couple of crooks but many are fine and reputable builders!! Don't let a few spoil the whole batch! Just ask a home inspector to check it out for you - many home sellers HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT FOR THE SELLERS - to make their home more sellable than others that are listed. But even if they have not, you do that. No matter where one moves, one should ALWAYS do that!

I agree with Matrios - this is the time to buy in PC. There are so many great deals out there - just ask an inspector to go through it. Do it before the prices start inching up - they will!

Old 06-24-2008, 07:35 PM

also with the prices down so low, the taxes you pay will be cheaper now also.....In Florida you get taxed on the value when you buy the property and if you are homesteaded your taxes can only go up 3.5%..... Right now I think there are around 3000 homes on the market in Flagler County...a year ago it was almost 6000.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 PM

Along with home inspections, buyers need to be aware of the city codes.
You can't leave your boat in your driveway, but you can have 16 illegal residents on welfare living next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida