Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 PM

18 posts, read 65,171 times

Advertisements

Florida Crime Index Rates Per 100,000 Inhabitants

In the year 2000 Florida had an estimated population of 15,982,378 which ranked the state 4th in population. For that year the State of Florida had a total Crime Index of 5,694.7 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 2nd highest total Crime Index. For Violent Crime Florida had a reported incident rate of 812.0 per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 1st highest occurrence for Violent Crime among the states. For crimes against Property, the state had a reported incident rate of 4,882.7 per 100,000 people, which ranked as the state 3rd highest. Also in the year 2000 Florida had 5.6 Murders per 100,000 people, ranking the state as having the 21st highest rate for Murder. Florida’s 44.2 reported Forced Rapes per 100,000 people, ranked the state 7th highest. For Robbery, per 100,000 people, Florida’s rate was 199.0 which ranked the state as having the 5th highest for Robbery. The state also had 563.2 Aggravated Assaults for every 100,000 people, which indexed the state as having the 2nd highest position for this crime among the states. For every 100,000 people there were 1,081.8 Burglaries, which ranks Florida as having the 3rd highest standing among the states. Larceny - Theft were reported 3,242.9 times per hundred thousand people in Florida which standing is the 5th highest among the states. Vehicle Theft occurred 558.0 times per 100,000 people, which fixed the state as having the 5th highest for vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 PM

147 posts, read 568,699 times
Palm Coast is more like a N.J. town than a Rebel town

Old 12-20-2008, 01:43 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Just wanted to pop in and say that we've been here for 4 months now and we still love it. My dh's job is going well. I'm very happy with my son's school and my daughter's daycare. Church is great. People are extremely friendly. We're making friends. The great outdoors and hobbies are great. We have an offer in on a house and things are looking good. However, the Florida forum here is so depressing. It seems like no one has anything good to say about Florida. Maybe I'll change my mind in a few months or years, but honestly, right now Florida is everything we wanted it to be and more. I can't wait for the house to close, buy a new grill and patio furniture, have a cookout and really settle down for good.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 AM

Why is Palm Coast called that when there are no palm trees along the coast?

Old 12-22-2008, 05:47 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
However, the Florida forum here is so depressing. It seems like no one has anything good to say about Florida. Maybe I'll change my mind in a few months or years, but honestly, right now Florida is everything we wanted it to be and more. I can't wait for the house to close, buy a new grill and patio furniture, have a cookout and really settle down for good.
I think it's important to remember that there are all kinds of different people in the world, all with different personalities, different ages, different levels of experience and knowledge, different beliefs, different tastes, and different issues to deal with. I do not believe that it's possible for anyone's comments to be divorced from these differences. The anonymity of the Internet, the fact that all the posts in a forum look kinda the same, etc. tends to lead to a situation where we put equal weight on each comment, whereas if we were to pass by everyone posting in the street, many of them we'd just pass by (and for different reasons for different people).

Old 12-22-2008, 09:44 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYankeeButARebelAtHeart View Post
Why is Palm Coast ca.led that when there are no palm trees along the coast?
Palm Coast, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-28-2009, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,045 times
We live in Flagler Beach and we love it, but it is really hard to find work here. My husband does marine construction and has been laid off for six months. I'm a nurse and am looking at driving to Jax or St. Augustine for work, as there is one hospital here and no pysch department, which is what I do. There are agencies but one of them told me she has about 25 nurses waiting for assignments.

Our kids don't like it here or in Palm Coast,where we lived first. They think it is boring. There is a drug problem here but no different than what it was like back in GA and SC where we have also lived. I think the main thing is kids getting bored. Still, when I have talked about getting better jobs other places, my kids are begging me to stay here till the school year's out at least. They like their friends. I like the schools, especially the ones for the "R" section.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaglerwrangler View Post
Palm Coast is more like a N.J. town than a Rebel town
Palm Coast is a overgrown sub division, it is nothing like the thriving historic towns in New Jersey with great employment opportunities.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
I don't know why people constantly compare Palm Coast to cities up North or to cities in Florida. It's not a Northern city and it's not a big Florida city. Either you appreciate it for what it is or you don't. It's the very fact that it is unlike these other places that I appreciate. If someone wants to live in a big city, Palm Coast is not the place to live, but that's no reason to malign it.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:06 PM

test
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida