U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 06:49 PM

50 posts, read 178,681 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Palm Coast for almost 5 years. I have watched houses soar in price and fall to a real low. Right now is the best it has been and is sure a buyers market. The market is starting to change to the upswing again. Anyone who has ever thought of buying in Florida should check out how cheap real estate is right now in Palm Coast.

Palm Coast is ideally located near the Atlantic Ocean. Between Daytona Beach and historic St. Augustine. Jacksonville is only about an hour away. Orlando is slightly over an hour. Kennedy Space Center is close by and we can see the shuttle take off!

Also many new retailers are scheduled to open within the next couple of months. Target, Ross, Kohls, TJ Maxx, Petco, Michaels, and others.

I just wanted to let you know how I feel about the area, and if you come to visit, you surely will want to stay.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 07:31 PM

15 posts, read 115,786 times
Default We live in Palm coast

We love our city but are you trying to sell something? LOL

it has grown so large in the last five years it is CRAZY! I liked it better when it was smaller.

That being said the real estate this is true is a buyers market but not good for the sellers.

No work here either, so if your looking for a job you will have to commute to another surrounding city. We have the highest unemployment rate in the state right now.

If your going to move here keep that in mind, to either rent or only buy if your going to plan on staying. Who knows when it will pick back up again.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:33 PM

93 posts, read 338,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matiros View Post
I have lived in Palm Coast for almost 5 years. I have watched houses soar in price and fall to a real low. Right now is the best it has been and is sure a buyers market. The market is starting to change to the upswing again. Anyone who has ever thought of buying in Florida should check out how cheap real estate is right now in Palm Coast.

Palm Coast is ideally located near the Atlantic Ocean. Between Daytona Beach and historic St. Augustine. Jacksonville is only about an hour away. Orlando is slightly over an hour. Kennedy Space Center is close by and we can see the shuttle take off!

Also many new retailers are scheduled to open within the next couple of months. Target, Ross, Kohls, TJ Maxx, Petco, Michaels, and others.

I just wanted to let you know how I feel about the area, and if you come to visit, you surely will want to stay.....
As an 11 yr PC resident I will agree with you Matiros. Just spoke with our realtor today (sold a property) who mentioned that Palm Coast was up 16% for 2 mos in a row in home sales. He wasn't sure if it was a bottom or not but said there were some awesome deals out there.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:29 PM

40 posts, read 149,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysDreamer View Post
As an 11 yr PC resident I will agree with you Matiros. Just spoke with our realtor today (sold a property) who mentioned that Palm Coast was up 16% for 2 mos in a row in home sales. He wasn't sure if it was a bottom or not but said there were some awesome deals out there.
I just bought a 2007, never lived in duplex, in Cypress Knolls, I did not have a hard time looking for tenants, I had it occupied by the time I closed. Palm Coast is jumping with deals and tenants who are waiting for a house to buy but are waiting to make the move thinking it will still go down. It will, but mostly on homes that are being foreclosed (tenants be wary of renting a house where you are not sure if the owners are paying their mortgages. I advertised for tenants in the Pennysaver and I had like 15 calls in two days, and most of them were from tenants kicked out of their houses by banks that owns the homes that were foreclosed, so they lost their last month and security to the owner). A FOR SALE sign is one indication so be careful.
I believe, however, that Palm Coast will be one of the first to bounce right back for it is truly a nice new city although there are not too many jobs, but with all the shopping stores that are being built, and are on the planning board, I believe we'll be a prime location in NorthEast/Central Florida. A real nice bedroom community that's only half an hour away from fun and excitement, and if boating, fishing, golf, or even tennis, ring your bells, Palm Coast is for you!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 AM

58 posts, read 191,435 times
"No work here either, so if your looking for a job you will have to commute to another surrounding city. We have the highest unemployment rate in the state right now."

Bkgirl1 will agree we have the highest unemployment rate in the State but...a lot of that is residential construction. Healthcare jobs are always available in this county. Depending on the type of job, yes you might need to go to one of the surrounding counties. All the new stores opening up will be needing employees so that is at least something but definitely high paying. We're not dead here but yes there are problems until the economy, oil crisis and housing problems get solved. Hopefully sometime soon!!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 AM

If anyone is looking for a retirement community in Florida, this is the ideal time to jump in.

You are right there aren't many jobs, but if you are retired, or self employed, or can work from home (computer, IE) you will never find a better time to look into the real estate market in Palm Coast.

The weather is ideal, no snow! And warm year round. No state taxes. Some of the best medical treatment facilities close by (Mayo) and a possible new heart center in Orlando.

This is a quiet oasis near the ocean and lots to do within a short drive.

And property taxes are much better than many places. You will be taxed on the selling price of the home, so if you buy now with prices down, and you homestead your home, the taxes will be a very good deal! On a house selling for $250,000 your taxes should be under $4,000.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:24 PM

14 posts, read 61,041 times
Any recommendations on homeowners insurance? Also, which sections are the more desirable? Thanks.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM

460 posts, read 2,144,688 times
I totally agree with you! We have been in Palm Coast for almost a year now and we love it. We are hoping to buy a home in the next several months, as we plan on staying right here!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 PM

I have Sunshine State Insurance, after pricing around they were by far the cheapest. It is worth calling around to find the best price... it can vary widely.

Sections in Palm Coast? There are some gated communities that are very nice, Grand Haven being one. Palm Coast is divided into separate communities, Z, U, S, L, R, P, LL, B, F, and others. Depending what you are looking for. There are some homes on Salt Water Canals, that are nice if you are a boater. There are some lots and homes on Golf Courses.. there are fresh water canals, that make a pretty boundary. I have heard that the B section has a lot of younger families with children. I live in the E section, which is also known as Cypress Knoll, and find this more to my senior life style.

If you have never been to Palm Coast, you should probably come and check it out...you will never find a better time!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 AM

147 posts, read 501,830 times
Rivergate is also a very nice small gated community with a community pool and reasonable resale home prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida