U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 PM

8 posts, read 25,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedav View Post
msjess I am sorry you did not like FL..may I ask what brought you to florida in the first place?? .
College. Being young and dumb I pretty much thought the campus of the University of Tampa WAS Tampa...once I started leaving campus it was pretty disappointing. Then I got married and had kids and it was even more disappointing.

And yes I like where I am now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 04:46 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,267,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady View Post
you have a hidden agenda because you keep saying that floridans are to negitive and the problem s dont exist yet your topics show that not only do they exist but that you aknowledge the facts.i dont understand you yet ,are there to people using your handel?
Again we have problems just like any state, some cities or towns are more promt to crime or other situations; that is well known. Hidden agenda don't believe, if If found news, data, information, or other revelant issues that fits the thread I post. Otherwise I stay out.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:13 AM

67 posts, read 265,907 times
But what i dont understand rico,is that you post facts and #s that represent that there is a serious problem with Florida ,including illegal immigratio being a problem and the facts you post show that the hispanic culture in florida is doing more harm than good to the state.yet you will debate against those types of fstatments when you make replies.Are you playing devils advocate while showing folks the hispanic culture is hurting florida?

Old 02-04-2007, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 6,025 times
I have lived in FL for 34 years, used to have a good time here..before the heavy influx of residents,ensuing traffic problems, incr pollution,decresed fishing due to above, and NOW the insurance/tax hikes. In many ways, I wish I had never left my home state of PA...I miss it there..Life was so much simpler..not such a struggle , just to survive..but as they say..this is just MY OPINION................................DJ/Sunshine

Old 02-21-2007, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 8,827 times
Default hmm?

Well I see you covered most of Floridas stats.
Florida has grown in many areas, but there is still alot of untouched land in Florida, we have more then just a little bit of agriculture, it is possible in your area sir that it is deplenishing. I know where I am from which was cypress swamps, big ranches, horse farms and endless forests as far as you could see has started to see growth and it really disheartens me, but then all I have to do is get out and drive east or west or north and quite a few places South and I feel better. Loads of small towns in Florida, just gotta get off the beaten path for sure. All States have the same gripe for sure. Florida is very diverse, we have over 158 state parks other ranks not mentioned is We are the Horse capital of the World, Kentucky claims to be, but we Marion County (Ocala) actually holds the trade mark from the Dep Of Agriculture, top ranking in sugar cane, strawberries, fishing capital of the world, citrus. Ruskin is known as the Salad bowl of America, cause not only are they top ranking in tomatoes, but they also grow winter vegatables and others year around, the list is endless, and the diversity of the landscape of Florida is unbelievable, but you won't find this in the city and over grown areas for sure. Florida also is the only place in the World with the underground cave systems and springs, which is absolutley beautiful in places. Florida is unlike any other state and read a book the history is fantastic and very diverse. Anyway 5th generation cracker here, gotta support this place. Do we have many people moving down here? Oh yeah, pisses me off just thinking of it, but I have been to many places in the united states and have traveled many places abroad, same story, no matter where you go. I think TOO many people in the world is the problem.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 PM

1,020 posts, read 3,069,870 times
The air isn't the only thing unstable about Florida. The people are just as unstable and imbalanced. Every place has its share. What I find is that Florida has an abundance. That's my story and im sticking to it.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:36 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,933,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacrackergrl View Post
Florida also is the only place in the World with the underground cave systems and springs
I don't think this is quite true--would appreciate hearing more about it.
Quote:
I think TOO many people in the world is the problem.
I'll agree with you there.
And I do think Florida really is a one of a kind place, with a remarkable history.
It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:22 PM

58 posts, read 59,444 times
Default Me too...

...moving out of South Florida to Charlotte, NC in July. Counting the days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Wow an average of 1351 per month moving in and 1418 moving out. Locals are looking for greener pasture outside the state and outsiders are looking at Florida for new life.

For the first time in 30 years, United Van Lines Inc. says it moved more people out of Florida than in, and analysts see that as a sign that consumers are looking elsewhere for a cheaper slice of life.

The nation's largest moving company reported 16,212 inbound shipments to Florida last year and 17,019 outbound shipments. United moved more people to Florida in each year from 1999 to 2004, but the number of inbound moves fell in 2005, spokeswoman Jennifer Bonham said.

United's report shows that North Carolina, Oregon and South Carolina were the top destination states in 2006. Michigan, hit hard by automobile industry layoffs, North Dakota and New Jersey were the states that saw the most people leave.

Moderator cut: link cut

Old 02-22-2007, 03:07 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,267,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontarazi View Post
...moving out of South Florida to Charlotte, NC in July. Counting the days!
What did you choose NC? Info for others...

Old 02-23-2007, 06:43 PM

134 posts, read 555,894 times
I LOVE FLORIDA! After living in several states over the years years (N.C., TN, CA, MASS),
I will continue to reign in Florida, with ALL of it's fruits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or