Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:17 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
My opinion is the baby boomers with money will fill up Florida within the next 6-10 years, they will be coming with mone wanting the tropical lifestyle.
Lets not forget the upper end of the baby boomers are those who have been mentioned allot about the money they have made in their lifetime and have done well with it.

I really see the baby boomers making a mass exodus into Florida in that span of time, when they are to retire and or semi retire.

I have yet speoken to a single person personally who has plans of retiring in Florida that have changed there minds, the older fellow down the hallway offices from me actually is now looking at a larger house with more ground as he tells me he is tracking home prices and will grab what he wants when it hits a peak at the bottom and he is a huge numbers person, can use excel with the best of them, his charts will blow you away.

Yeah, think about all the 401ks that will be pulled ! I think your way off but I think outside the box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 12:28 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charko View Post
It won't pass. The SOH crowd won't give up their 3%.
Many of the SOH crowd are literally trapped in their houses and can't afford to move even if they want to. Most I know could care less anymore about the SOH if they could just sell and move to a smaller house or a different location.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:11 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Yeah, think about all the 401ks that will be pulled ! I think your way off but I think outside the box.
The majority of the well off baby boomers are not currently living in Fla, they are living other places, Money Mag even stated in an article that midwest babby boomers have huge piles of money saved up and are looking at spending it in warm weather states such as Fla, Calf or Ariz.

Most of the 55+ baby boomers who have done well that I personally know have huge 401k's, huge equities on their homes and lots of good investments and they will retrie in the next few years with more money then they can spend. The guy in the office across from me has already told me he is going to retire in 3 years at 62 years old and move to the Keys so he can use his boat, which is bigger then my house.

Dont assume to first group of baby boomers havent done well, money mag stated they have done better financially as a group then any other age bracket in the baby boomers era.

I do not know a single person who is trapped in the home, I am aware there are people who used the false and fake home values to borrow money for other things and when the bust hit they were trapped and now complain because the values of their homes in coming back to the real values. Those people are the baby boomers who would fit the did not do well section as most bomers with investment savvy minds wouldnt have done that.

Boomers will be coming to warm weather states with allot of money, therefore I believe Florida as well as Arizona and Southern Cal will grow even more, not less in the next 5-10 years.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,276,069 times
well good, it's crowded(not to be mean, just say'n) I hope people spread out a little.

florida will always be "growing" because we have decent weather, sunshine, beaches and silly rich folk who think the prices are a steal. =)

Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
well good, it's crowded(not to be mean, just say'n) I hope people spread out a little.

florida will always be "growing" because we have decent weather, sunshine, beaches and silly rich folk who think the prices are a steal. =)
Rich people don't think the prices are a steal, they are rich. Who do you think pays $2500, a night to stay in a penthouse suite in Vegas? People with money want what they want and are willing to pay for it, that will never change.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post

Yea, but "silly" rich people are waiting out for the fake housing prices to drop like a rock, then they will be buying.

I always look at "rich" people as two types, they either earned it or was given it and the earned it group deserve what they can buy, they are gifted people who did things right and got a break here or there. The given to group you wont have to worry, unless it is a ton, they wont have it long because they do not know what it is like to "earn" it or make it into more.

Again, Florida is not crowded with people living there, if I can remember it's No. 7 on the list of people per sq mile in all of the states in the US..?

Old 07-06-2007, 05:24 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,239 times
oh im sure. I moved out a month ago after 23 years. Forget that town there are DEFINETLY greener pastures elsewhere. I don't blame anyone for leaving its not paradise and anyone who is fooled by the commericals telling them otherwise will be sorely dissapointed

Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,635 times
I moved out of Florida in June of last year after living there for 13 years. The cost of Housing, nasty people , heat and crime. I hated every minute taht I was there and I will not disclose where I moved to only to say that I have nice peolpe, way less crime and beautiful weather.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:06 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Again, Florida is not crowded with people living there, if I can remember it's No. 7 on the list of people per sq mile in all of the states in the US..?
but that is averaging out the population over the amount of square miles in the entire state which is inaccurate. The vast majority of Florida's population lives in urban areas. Out of the 18 million here 6 million live between Stuart & Miami then you have the I-4 corridor which is the Tampa bay area to Orlando which is roughly 5 to 6 million more people.

So you have two major urban areas holding 2/3rds of the entire state's population. Include Jax with another million plus and it is a crowded state and except for southeast Florida they are all still growing. The only part of the state that isn't crowded is the panhandle.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:22 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
but that is averaging out the population over the amount of square miles in the entire state which is inaccurate. The vast majority of Florida's population lives in urban areas. Out of the 18 million here 6 million live between Stuart & Miami then you have the I-4 corridor which is the Tampa bay area to Orlando which is roughly 5 to 6 million more people.

So you have two major urban areas holding 2/3rds of the entire state's population. Include Jax with another million plus and it is a crowded state and except for southeast Florida they are all still growing. The only part of the state that isn't crowded is the panhandle.
Tampa Bay to Orlando is not 1 urban area and you have many rural areas in between them.

Miami to Stuart comprises at least 5 different areas.

Yes there are crowded areas of the state but there are also many areas that are not in the least crowded.

Major cities will be crowded but to say the whole state is crowded because the cities are is a little off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida