Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:55 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissblessed1 View Post
I LOVE FLORIDA! After living in several states over the years years (N.C., TN, CA, MASS),
I will continue to reign in Florida, with ALL of it's fruits.

Can you tell me what you see in FL that is better than the other states? And I mean other than the hot weather I am wondering because other locations look to me to be just as good but much cheaper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 06:20 PM

134 posts, read 600,624 times
Where are you living or leaving to? The mentioned states i lived in were all HOT and had NO balmy sea breezes to offer relief. Fl. is versatile and eclectic. You want multicultural people and food live in dade. You want barbeque and boots , check out Mid Florida. You want big beaches, east coast. you want horses? Head North, mideast. You want politics, go to Tallahassee. Best beaches nationally? FLORIDA. more horses and country vibe? Jax. Rent. It cost to live anywhere. if it is inexpensive , then there are no real jobs available. Gotta have a decent job, either at home or whatever.
It does appear that most of us low to mid income people suffer and we can only do our best to survive where we call home. yes, we may have to sacrifice. I found NC to be hot everywhere, and I lived all OVER that state thru out childhood and college. Love it, but will not live there. my brother and his family live in Wilmington. I did to. Great place, great beaches, and yes hot. Tn, HOT. CA, HOT. MA. COLD. Florida...perfect, even got to wear my jeans and boots for a week. today my bikini. I mean what more can a gal ask for? Bills, OMG, yes. Get a state or government job. That helps.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times
"Florida also is the only place in the World with the underground cave systems and springs,

[quote=cil;390794]I don't think this is quite true--would appreciate hearing more about it.

Cil
it isn't true

Florida is 2nd to mexico which has the largest cave system
lol I leaned this while I was taking a cavern diving course (cavern diving is very cool BTW)

karla

Old 02-25-2007, 04:59 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,006,830 times
Thanks Karla
You are a braver soul than I am, snorkeling is the best I can do, especially in a cavern.
I have seen underground cave springs in France as well--we rode in a boat down in an underground cave, really bizarre but cool.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:22 AM

cil
I dive (hold an advanced certification) and am cavern certified I have been 143' deep in a spring 123' deep in the ocean
but lol I won't snorkel i think it has to do with the "i don't swim" issue

karla

Old 02-25-2007, 09:16 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,154,501 times
Thumbs up Wakulla Spring: A Giant Among Us

Located in the Florida Panhandle near Tallahassee, Wakulla Spring is a colossal spring system. On average, more than 250 million gallons of water flow from Wakulla Spring every day forming an nine-mile river that reaches the Gulf of Mexico. Wakulla Spring draws its water from a springshed covering hundreds of square miles from the Gulf of Mexico all the way to Georgia. While Wakulla Spring has attracted Florida residents to its deep basin for thousands of years, recent changes in land use in the springshed are having an impact on this gentle giant's health.

http://www.floridasprings.o (broken link)

rg/exploration/featured/wakulla/

Old 02-25-2007, 01:01 PM

great picture
thanks for the info

I wish I had some of my dive pictures from the springs online
there is nothing prettier than being down 50' and looking straight up
to see the "glow" of the light coming through the water

Old 02-25-2007, 01:48 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,154,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
great picture
thanks for the info

Check the virtual tour from the site....

Old 02-25-2007, 06:49 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
great picture
thanks for the info

I'd be scared to dive there with all the gators!!!!! We did the riverboat tour and saw at LEAST 5 of them!!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'd be scared to dive there with all the gators!!!!! We did the riverboat tour and saw at LEAST 5 of them!!
so does that mean you don't want to go on a shark dive with me

the spring rivers are different than the spring pools .
I have never seen a gator in the pools.
which is a good thing
I have dove with sharks, been inches from a 6' moray eel not to mention the number of baracudas
but let me see a gator in the water with me and I would be out of there rofl and not to quietly

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida