U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:04 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,903,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is this the house you are talking about?

Sorry Jo, no one wants to buy your house.
Where would you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 09:29 PM

2,903 posts, read 10,920,131 times
This is a very interesting question....one that I'm sure many would like to continue to weigh in on......
Please, let's be civil and respectful towards each other here so the thread does not have to be closed.

Frank D.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:12 PM

31,091 posts, read 19,527,115 times
The main thing to consider, whether buying or selling, is to find a real estate agent who is honest, intelligent, and has a realistic handle on the housing market.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,132,121 times
Boomer - curious if your house in Cypress Creek has sold. I haven't been on this mb much to read where it has.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:06 AM

7 posts, read 12,355 times
Default Laughing My Tail Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is this the house you are talking about?

In this town that's exactly what you get for 40K

Old 08-25-2008, 05:15 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,903,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofhearts View Post
In this town that's exactly what you get for 40K
As I said before, you can get a 2 BR CBS for $40K here. Moderator cut: edit:removed identifying info

Moderator cut: leaving photo as an example

Last edited by riveree; 08-25-2008 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: removed identifying info so there is no advertising of a particular home

Old 08-25-2008, 06:42 AM

180 posts, read 717,296 times
Hi Bucfan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Boomer - curious if your house in Cypress Creek has sold. I haven't been on this mb much to read where it has.
Thanks for asking about Moderator cut: edit:removed link in Tampa -- we almost sold last month but the deal fell apart. I have notice that things have been picking up -- we average about 1 person a week viewing our house, but we are finding alot of people are having a difficult time qualify for a loan. For example, in the past 6 or so months, we have had 3 people offering lease to purchase option and 2 asked if we would owner finance. It is a tough market to find qualified people who can get a loan these days.

Last edited by riveree; 08-25-2008 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 08-25-2008, 07:31 AM

15,129 posts, read 31,038,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Hi Bucfan,

Thanks for asking about Moderator cut: edit:removed link] in Tampa -- we almost sold last month but the deal fell apart. I have notice that things have been picking up -- we average about 1 person a week viewing our house, but we are finding alot of people are having a difficult time qualify for a loan. For example, in the past 6 or so months, we have had 3 people offering lease to purchase option and 2 asked if we would owner finance. It is a tough market to find qualified people who can get a loan these days.
Boomer, that is really a nice house, I can't believe the low price! What makes it is that incredible landscaping, those palm trees are gorgeous and just "scream" Florida! Honestly, I don't think you are going to have a problem selling it, I bet it sells real soon. I am surprised people are finding a hard time qualifying for a loan, maybe it's just more about people need to sell first.

Anyway, here's to wishing you some good luck on it - you have obviously taken great care of it because it shows.

Last edited by riveree; 08-25-2008 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 AM

180 posts, read 717,296 times
Thanks for the nice comment gypsychic. Well, it has been on the market for awhile and at this price for 3 months. I am not sure why it is not selling. You would think it would have sold by now. I think the main problem is the new construction homes around my neighborhood. Most of those homes, sqft for sqft is just as competitive -- if not even better (price wise), but you definitely get a smaller lot and a plain cookie cutter home design-- meaning they all look the same. What boggles me and frankly, I can't understand why people would prefer a box home (they are all built like a square and with no character). This design is so cheaply made. And what most people seem to forget, almost all new developments these days have CDD fees. The HOA and CDD fees around my area amounts to $1,500 annually. That is $45,000 over a 30 year mortgage period.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:04 AM

6,985 posts, read 15,460,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
As I said before, you can get a 2 BR CBS for $40K here....
I gotta back my man Mike up on this one. I have a friend who just came back from Mike's neck of the woods. Said you can get a 4 bdrm 3 bthrm for 70,000 over there. So their housing market is right where it is supposed to be. Given what Mike told me what the median income is over there. People need to stop thinking the housing mess is universal across America, it isn't. Not every locale went crazy with the prices. Some had smaller run ups in prices than others. Other places appreciated in the traditional 3% to 4% per year fashion, so they never saw this huge run up. As a result, those places will not have a correction as none is needed. All things are NOT equal in this housing mess folks.

Last edited by riveree; 08-25-2008 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: edited out previously edited quote...see earlier post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida